Upon arrival, I had to search for a bellman to help with my luggage. They were good about storing the luggage and associated it with the room, so I didn't need a ticket. They reminded me to just check the ticket for the "5" bags when I did check in. Upon check-in, I saw the tag and it said "3" instead of "5". The clerk said it was the right tag for my room, but I insisted that I had 5 bags. He looked confused. After a few minutes of this back and forth, we went to the luggage room and I pointed out my bags. That took a while too as I had to show him the right 5 bags about 4 times.
We go up to our room and it's nice. Nicer than what I remember booking. Then the phone rings in the room. The same clerk said he gave us the wrong room. We went back the elevators and he came up with the new keys. We got to the "new" room and it was about 1/2 the size and no view.
Worst thing was the bathtub/shower. It was elevated so the high clearance was so low that my husband, who is not that tall, hit is head just getting in. Also, the towel warmer did not work.
Furnishings were nice. Luggage came up promptly.
Hotel is well located and easy to find. Concierge was not helpful. I asked for a recommendation for a noodle shop and he just said - Go to Chinatown. No names of places. Just a neighborhood with lots of noodle shops, most of which looked not so great. I also asked for the closest Le Pain Quotidien and he was completely wrong. Honestly, Google Maps was more helpful and informative than this concierge.
We came back to the hotel at around 11pm. The door was locked. This is a 5-star hotel? There was a security guard there watching us try to open a locked door for about a few minutes. After a while, we saw a small card reader and put our card in and the door unlocked. I have never been at a 5-star hotel that locks it's door. Isn't that what a doorman is for? The elevators already had key access required, so I'm not quite sure why the door had to be locked too. Definitely not a 5-star experience. If this hotel marketed itself as 4 star, none of this would have bothered me. But, I expected more. Checkout experience was fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Piccadilly is set in the heart of the West End one of London’s most fashionable destination, and only moments away from London’s cultural attractions, including Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, and Covent Garden. The hotel features many amenities including meeting facilities and banqueting suites, the Piccadilly Health Club and one of London’s largest indoor swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Meridien Piccadilly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Piccadilly Hotel London
- Le Meridien Hotel London
- Le Meridien London
- London Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Piccadilly London, England