“Centrally located luxury hotel in London”

Ranked #514 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend in London for a friend's wedding. It's located next to Piccadilly Circus so perfect for getting anywhere in town. There's a great standard of customer service, everyone was very helpful. We arrived early from an overnight flight so were hoping for an early check-in. Unfortunately the hotel was fully booked the previous night, but we were offered use of the facilities in the fitness centre to shower and re-fresh ourselves. There was also an effort made to have a room ready as soon as the previous guest checked out.

We'd recommend eating in the restaurant once as it's a beautiful glass ceilinged 'conservatory' style area on the roof of the hotel.

We were concerned that, given the proximity to Piccadilly Circus, there could be some street noise. However, we were at the back of the hotel and heard no noise at all.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back, on the north side will be away from the busy street near Piccadilly Circus.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear simoncox,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Meridien Piccadilly and for posting your comments on TripAdvisor.

It was encouraging to read that you had an enjoyable time with us, appreciating the hotel’s unrivalled location within the heart of London. I feel sorry that we were not able to provide you with a room upon arrival however it was great to read your comments how this situation has been handled by our associates. I will share your kind comments with them as they are a great asset to the hotel. Indeed we are proud of our Terrace Grill & Bar with its glass top roof and excellent cuisine in bright and stylish surroundings overlooking Historical Piccadilly and I was pleased to discover that you liked the overall experience in our Restaurant.

Thank you again for your feedback and choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcome you again to Le Meridien Piccadilly on your future trips to London.

Hotel Manger

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Piccadilly

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Second visit to this hotel and I wish I could say that it deserves 5 stars.
Granted, we booked via Lastminute.com and got an excellent rate for the location but even at £200 per night I still feel it was disappointing.
The first impression is always important and unfortunately we had one of the most unfriendly receptionists I've ever encountered. She really looked like she didn't want to be there, although judging by the smiley faces on the rest of the staff I think we were just unlucky.
We booked a double room only to find that we'd been allocated a twin and as we were there for 2 nights we went back to reception to see if we could change to a double. Apparently we had been given an upgraded room and if so I can only imagine how poor the standard rooms must be.
Apparently no double was available apart form the inner courtyard-top tip, avoid these at all costs.
So whether she didn't like the idea of two men sharing a double I'm not sure. judging by her attitude I fear that may have been the case. If the hotel is selling discounted rooms on lastminute I can't imagine that they had no double beds left.
Nothing "wrong" with the room as such-just not 5 star standards. It's never nice to be lying in the bath and seeing the unfinished and shoddy workmanship of the underneath of the sink and bathroom fittings.
In the bedroom I counted over 20 various leaflets and pieces of paper-more like a library than a bedroom. We felt it was wasteful, unnecessary and untidy.
I can see that the manager likes to respond to comments and complaints. There was nothing in our case that warrantied a complaint, my review is simply my opinion of our stay and my feeling that a 5 star hotel should have higher standards.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room facing Piccadilly or regent Street. Don't worry about noise-it's all...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear a m,

Thank very much for advising us of your comments following your stay with us.

We highly appreciate your comments. I was disappointed to hear that your recent experience at the hotel did not meet your expectations and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I was very concerned reading your feedback about your arrival experience. I will address this issues with our Guest Services Manager so that we can look into improvement opportunities enhancing the overall guest satisfaction. I sincerely thank you for advising us of your comments and rest assured that your opinion is very much valued as indeed our aim is to provide excellent service at all times especially in a five star environment.

Hotel Manger

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Couldn't have been in a better position for theatres and shopping.
Hotel was as you'd expect. Quite impersonal but beautiful room.
Really, really comfortable bed.
We were looking over regent Street and it was noisy at night so take your ear plugs!!!!!
Didnt eat at Hotel so cant review.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear GBK6,

Thank you so much for positing your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

It was pleasing to discover that you very much enjoyed your stay and appreciated the hotel’s unique location, indeed we are very close to the major tourist attractions and shopping facilities. We would be delighted to allocate a room on the upper floor on your next stay, so please feel free to reach out to my office directly so we can make the necessary arrangements avoiding any dissatisfaction with outside noise in the future.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I've been staying at this Hotel since the late 80's and about a year ago and after two miserable successive stays, I got so infuriated that I wrote my first ever review on Trip Advisor and called it never again!! I've been back in London on business about 5 times since and stayed at The Langham and The Sanctum ( just down the road ) I heard that there was a new manager at the hotel and for whatever reason I decided to give these guys one more chance. I wasn't disappointed. Sergio and Thomas certainly have trained their staff well. Everyone was polite, actually appeared to be happy working there, the room was great, the service was like it was in the old days. I really missed this hotel and I am glad that the new team have taken Le Meridien back to its rightful place.
Thanks again for a wonderful stay. I will most certainly be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joel501

Dear Joel501,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay here at Le Meridien Piccadilly and how valued and looked after you felt. It was very encouraging to read your comments as the entire team could turn around your negative impressions after your last stay one year ago. I will make sure your praise will be shared with them as they are all working tirelessly to make every guest feel special.

Once again, thank you for your favourable comments, and indeed please feel free to reach out to me directly if you wish to plan your next journey to London. We are very much looking forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien Piccadilly.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Family of 4 booked into a Junior Suite (to get lounge acesss) for a short weekend break to London.

Superb location - we came in from Heathrow on the Piccadilly line and the hotel is a 5 min walk from the tube.

Our room was on the 7th floor, so a little bit away from any street noise below and appeared to have been relatively recently refurbished - very spacious with a pull our double bed which the kids slept soundly in.

The lounge is on a sort of mezzanine overlooking the check-in area. We were allowed to use it while our room was being cleaned before check-in (we got to the hotel at around 12:00 noon). Nice array of breakfast items and snacks in the evening.

Overall a great stay!

Room Tip: A number of rooms face onto an internal courtyard which is quite dark - try to avoid these.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear DrBobTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback in this forum.

I am delighted to hear that you were comfortable in one of our Junior Suites on the 7th floor and that you found the sofa bed practical for your children to sleep on.

In addition to your positive comments about the room layout, I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and the snacks in the Club Lounge.

We hope to be able to welcome you and your family back to Le Méridien Piccadilly in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Lovely afternoon tea in the grill terrace. We happy to tweak the fillings of the sandwiches as we requested. Lovely warm scones and fabulous pastries too.
Obviously not the cheapest place to have a cuppa. But money well spent

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear kimble 12,

Thank you very much sharing your impressions following your afternoon tea experience here at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

We are very grateful receiving your comments and I will personally share your comments with the entire Terrace Restaurant and kitchen team as they are working tirelessly to make every guest feel special. We are only able to improve our service with receiving such guest feedback so once again thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this platform.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our daughter's wedding, as well as some of the wedding guests. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous throughout our stay. Our room was very comfortable with all modern amenities. We thought the buffet breakfasts were absolutely fabulous. The hotel has a great location for visiting all major attractions. Would highly recommend. l

Room Tip: We had a Kingsize bed sized room on 8th floor which was extremely quiet with no street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JandDDorset
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear JanDDorset,

We were delighted to receive your review posted on TripAdvisor following your recent stay herer at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our team has a passion to deliver exceptional experiences to all our guests and I am delighted this was the case. It was encouraging to read that you appreciated your room combining classical and modern elements following our Le Meridien brand values. Indeed, the hotel’s location within the heart of London is ideal for business or leisure purposes.

Thank you very much for posting your review and recommending our hotel. We are very much looking forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien Piccadilly.