I booked this hotel through lastmin.com on their secret 5star hotels list as a birthday treat for my fiancé.
Upon arrive at 3:05pm to check in I was advised that our room was not available (despite a 3pm check in time stated on the booking) and then after another 10mins of standing at the check in desk, we were then advised that there was only a twin room available and there was no other room types available due to full occupancy.
I was advised that this is an issue when booking through lastminute.com they are aware of but could not do nothing. This was booking a standard room of which there was not an option for twin or double to be selected.
My fiancés face dropped and I could not believe that a 5 star hotel would have this issue, or booking through lastmin.com would cause such a problem, a problem I have never had booking through other agents or staying at other 5 star hotels!!. I was made to feel it was my fault for booking through lastmin.com and therefore my thought this situation had occurred.
I did not blow a gasket as I did not want to ruin my fiancés birthday anymore or disappoint her further. I have never felt so embarrassed and gutted. I am utterly disgusted of what occurred and the attitude of the staff but more so the fact that it would appear that both Lastmin and the Hotel are aware of the situation but are happy for their customers to be treated this way.
The only reason I agreed to stay is because I had already paid for the room and I did not want to ruin the other plans I had in place for my fiancés birthday. Therefore, to celebrate her birthday I had arranged to stay at a 5 star hotel paying over £200 and we had two single beds pushed together, hardly ideal.
To add, the hotel mini fridge was not fully stocked, It took us 25mins to check in and the Noise from the neighbouring hotel room was clearly audible at low levels, which included TV/Voice and night time activity.
The standard room itself had all the amenitys you would expect for a 5star with good lay out and of a decent size, the decour was not to my liking but maybe others. We had a lovely view of the internal vent extrators which was completely blanked out by the curtains which meant, (when the noise had stopped) you were able to sleep.
The spa/gym area were good, clean and in working order with good changing rooms etc. I must add I had tried to book my partner in for a birthday massage two weeks before our stay only to be told that there was no spa staff in at all that day. I was told I could book in at the sister Hotel the W, of course their spa prices were at least 10% on top. I was also told someone would ring back to let me know if someone was able to get in on that Saturday, alas no call.
Location of the hotel is spot on for Picadilly Circus and the surrounding tourist locations, parks, shops, tube stations etc.
I ordered my otherhald the traditional english as room service in the morning (£27pp), which arrived 20mins later and was spot on in terms of quality of food and very generous with the amount of food actually included.
In all our stay would've been much more enjoyable if I had not been made to look/feel as if it was my fault there was an issue with the booking, plus the length of time it would appear for most things to get arranged.
I would not class this as a five star hotel either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Piccadilly is set in the heart of the West End one of London’s most fashionable destination, and only moments away from London’s cultural attractions, including Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, and Covent Garden. The hotel features many amenities including meeting facilities and banqueting suites, the Piccadilly Health Club and one of London’s largest indoor swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien Piccadilly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Piccadilly Hotel London
- Le Meridien Hotel London
- Le Meridien London
- London Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Piccadilly London, England