really, the only great thing about this hotel is the location. it is super central. X the street you've got great restaurant density in Soho / Convent Garden. obviously close to several tube lines, etc. it also boasts one of the largest indoor swimming pools in London - and it was quite lovely to stretch out after a long plane ride (until the children invaded the place at ~ 4 pm). also a surprisingly good gym and steam room.
now, the reasons you don't want to stay here: the ROOMS. disregard the photos on the website. I thought i'd be in a lovely brightly lit large-ish renovated room. No. the rooms are TIRED. old horrible furniture, terrible lighting, even the bed seemed "old"; ever heard of upgrading your power outlets for travelers? no, can't be bothered. toilet leaked. seriously.
oh and pet peeve: one of those silly electronic mini-bars where you are automatically charged if you touch the mini bottle of vodka by mistake. (and this is tragic, as there is a Whole Foods just around the corner - would be nice to be able to store some snacks at least !)
while the staff was really really good and responsive, i got nothin' for my SPG gold membership level either. when i got to the room and rang to ask if they couldn't upgrade me they said no sorry full-up. no other rooms.
this is NOT a 5-star hotel (Expedia gives it a 5-star but then often their hotel ratings are inflated). and more importantly, it is NOT worth the price. we paid ~ $450/ night (no breakfast. hahahaha). and it's usually at least $350/ night. @ that price you can stay 2 or 3 tube stops out in a much_nicer_room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Piccadilly is set in the heart of the West End one of London’s most fashionable destination, and only moments away from London’s cultural attractions, including Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, and Covent Garden. The hotel features many amenities including meeting facilities and banqueting suites, the Piccadilly Health Club and one of London’s largest indoor swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood EMEA, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Le Meridien Piccadilly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Piccadilly Hotel London
- Le Meridien Hotel London
- Le Meridien London
- London Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Piccadilly London, England