“Location Location”

Ranked #517 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Templepatrick, United Kingdom
“Location Location”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel is located in Piccadilly and is convenient to main shopping area's such as Regent Street, Oxford Street and many of the city's other attractions including restaurants and theatres. We had a bit of a drama with our bathroom in that it got flooded while we were out. The night duty responded immediately and we were located into a junior suite which was excellent. The breakfast choices were as you would expect and all the staff I encountered were both very friendly and helpful. Despite the bathroom mishap I really enjoyed the stay here and it's location is just fantastic. I will have no hesitation in going back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Jim B

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly and for taking the time to post your constructive review on TripAdvisor following your stay.

It was great to learn that you had an enjoyable time as well as appreciating the Hotel’s facilities, especially the junior suite. I was truly sorry that you had to move rooms due to the emergency maintenance issue in your bathroom, however, I was very pleased to read that the Night Manager handled the situation in a professional and efficient manner.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and for posting your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Le Méridien Piccadilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, MB
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a lovely 4-night stay at this ideally situated hotel in central London. Standard room was large and comfortable. Turn down service at night - with bottled water and chocolates - much appreciated. The hotel is steps away from Picadilly Circus, Regent and Oxford Streets as well as Soho. It does not get much better in terms of location...
Staff was warm and friendly - I was sick one day and requested the room be made up after 4 pm; the woman on the Service line when I called was so sweet... we didn't eat or drink or use the fitness room - too busy out and about having fun! Would stay here again in a heart beat.

Dear Travellingnurse50

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly and for taking the time to post your kind review on the TripAdvisor website.

Our location is indeed ideal for moving around London and for visiting most of its major attractions, sites and theatres. It is difficult to be more central in London than at Le Méridien Piccadilly. I was also pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that in particular you appreciated your spacious and well-appointed room.

It was encouraging to learn that you appreciated the level of kindness and service provided by our associates, especially on the day that you were unwell, they are a great asset to the Hotel. I have shared your kind words with all of them.

Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Le Méridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We very much look forward to seeing you again.

Luxembourg
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We visit London frequently and this is the third time we stay at le Meridien Piccadilly. Its situation is great, , but not only that. All staff we met was very attentive and friendly. This time Virginie H. at the Reception Desk was very helpfull to solve any potential difficulty. Many thanks! We like it a lot to have diner at the terrasse restaurant. No doubt that when in London, it will be le Meridien Piccadilly again.

Room Tip: Try to book a Suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Luxembourg

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay as well as appreciating the Hotel’s facilities. It was hugely inspiring that you appreciated the high level of service provided by our associates and I have shared your kind comments, as everyone works very hard to deliver Le Méridien Brand standard of service.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and for choosing to stay with us, we very much look forward to welcoming you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly on your future visits to London

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Cosy hotel in imperial style with z modern touch. We've had spacious suite on the 8th floor with access to the business lounge. The snacs and breakfast served were good. The only annoying thing were the families bringing unlimited number of misbehaving children to the so called business lounge. There should not be accepted with 10-12 kids running around. Alternatively business lounge should be renamed as "busy lounge". No one seem to control which guest had access there.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear THREOslo

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with Le Méridien Piccadilly.

We were delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay and that you appreciated your well-appointed room. Also, it was great to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast and food served in the Club Lounge, our apologies if you found it to be slightly busy during the Easter Holiday season.

Once again, thank you for posting your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The only thing five star about this hotel is its location.
I had booked a twin room with my 15 year old son and on arrival was told we had been "upgraded" to what turned out to be a room with a double bed and a camp bed for the junior person (who is 6 feet tall) - with the additional bed there was not room to swing the proverbial cat !!!!
We were then given what I was told was a much larger room which could accommodate an extra bed - after waiting for another hour the room turned out to be exactly the same as the first one. More discussions then took place which resulted in us being " upgraded" again to a family suite - now you may think this was something special - how wrong could you be. The "suite" - number 628 - consists of a bedroom with a double bed and a separate seating area with a sofa bed - perfectly acceptable space wise - unfortunately there was very little natural light. The bedroom had a tiny window with a slightly larger one in the sitting area - both windows looked out onto an inner wall which is just a few feet away. At this point I had however given up as regards the accommodation.
The icing on the cake happened on the Saturday night - returning at approximately 10.45 for a nightcap we found that an extremely thoughtful beverage manager had sublet both of the hotels bars to private parties so not only was a drink out of the question there were no public areas to even sit down.
Would I return to this hotel? - not even if it was free.
Do also bear in mind when reading this review that I have never before felt the need to complain about service, accommodation, or anything else over many years of both business and holiday travel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Southend-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here one night 13th April 2013, the room not what we expected we arrived early and was just going to leave our luggage but was told a queen size room was available and ready and was assured it was bigger then a double bed, which it was not our double bed is bigger, the room was very dusty, spending £300+ a night could at least dust the sides, the mini bar prices compared to many hotels we've stayed in in London are ridiculous £4.50 for coke, the sink was dirty, there was only one plus socket in the room without unplugging the table lamp, which with two phone chargers, we had to for go charging one phone so I could dry and straighten my hair, the decor it's self was no more then 3 stars was nothing special and the view wasn't great but in the middle of London what do you expect, the breakfast in the morning was below nice, we had inclusive breakfast the bacon was dry despite just being brought out, the fact that people pay £27.00 for a breakfast if it was anything like what we had I would be wanting my money back, the bar was closed from 7.30 which was quite annoying as we had planned on coming back from the theatre and having a drink and wasnt warned ahead of time and had to find some were else were.

This was my birthday weekend and my partners and we feel the hotels 5 stars lead us to believe it'd be great and we'd be in luxury, when it was nothing more then average 3 stars at most and for those who feel its do with not being a Starwood member we already joined before visiting.
The only plus was the fact it was right near the theatre.
Very disappointed at this, the price and the time looking forward to it, has made me even more upset that our money was wasted on what we hoped was luxury and was far from it.

Not only that but the older door man was great but the younger one jus stood there saw us at the door with a case and shopping and my other half had to hand me the bags to open the door.

Dear Sarah G
Thank you for posting your review on the TripAdvisor website following your stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.
We always endeavour to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable and pleasant time at the Hotel whether they are a platinum member or not. Our hotel is a historic landmark in the heart of London and opened in 1908 and the rooms may vary in size and views as they do in most hotels in Central London. As such it maintains many of the original features whilst at the same time offering a contemporary look and feel, please accept my apologies for not having met your expectations on this occasion.
I was also concerned to read that you found that our concierge failed to deliver LM Brand Standard of Service, for which I sincerely apologise. I have also addressed all your all comments with the team especially with the Property Manager and Housekeeper Manager.
I do hope that your mixed experiences will not deter you from choosing Le Meridien Piccadilly for your next visit to London when we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Toronto
Reviewed April 14, 2013

It's hard to imagine a hotel with a better location in London than Le Meridien Piccadilly. It is literally half a block from Piccadilly Circus. West end shows are a five minute walk. The major attractions around the Palace are a fifteen to twenty minute walk. Everything is quickly accessible by a tube station very close by. It is tourist London, to be sure, but for a tourist the location can't be beat.

London hotels are tremendously expensive, so paying more than $300 a night does not mean you get the best room in the best hotel. It is a normal rate, and you get a pretty normal hotel.

In this case, we were lucky enough to have an upgrade, so we got a suite on the top floor made up of a nice, if small, sitting room and a reasonable bedroom. Two bathrooms was an added plus. Normal cost of the room, probably $700 or so. All of the fixtures and accoutrements of the room were very nice, but in an older style. Nothing bad, but typical European hotel style.

Reception is, as with many European hotels, small and crowded, and we were surprised to find that the check-in process took quite a bit longer than we expected. We ultimately had to wait for a couple of hours in the club lounge for our room, despite being told on checkin that it would be ready in 45 minutes. Not to worry. Those things happen, and we did arrive from our flight very early in the day.

In general, service was crisp and knowledgeable. Like many hotels, staff react to their perception of a person. When we came through the lobby dressed like slobs after a day running around town, we were treated with markedly less deference than when we came in after dinner or theatre, dressed to the nines. A little off-putting, but such a small thing that it could be ignored.

The bar in the basement is a pleasant downtown hangout, clearly popular some nights with London professionals before and after theatre. Pricey, but not unreasonable.

Two things I really didn't like.

First, the club lounge is very small, with downscale furniture and clearly insufficient space for the people eligible to use it. The food and beverage service in the club lounge also a little bit limited, plus its location overlooking the lobby is less classy than I have come to expect in Starwood hotels. Service here, as elsewhere, was competent but not really memorable. Don't pay for an upgraded room in order to get club lounge access.

Second, one of the nights we were there we were awakened in the middle of the night by a fire alarm, and had to evacuate to the lobby. That is fine. Good that everyone was brought to safety quickly, and fire alarms are a fact of life in hotels. What was less acceptable was that it took more than ninety minutes to investigate, with everyone cooling their heels in the lobby. Apparently (I'm guessing, in light of the staff and firefighters running around in apparent disarray) the hotel does not have a modern fire control system, where the firefighters can identify the source of the alarm immediately and go there. This is really not acceptable in a first class hotel, and in my view Starwood should require the hotel to rectify this situation.

I read back through this, and it seems like all I am doing is complaining. That would give the wrong impression. This is a reasonable hotel in a great location, and the next time I go to see something in the West End I'll certainly stay there again.

On the other hand, you can sense my lack of enthusiasm. Some hotels I will rave about. Not this one. A decent choice, but not in the same league as some of the others I have stayed in (and reviewed).

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor do not have direct access to the mezzanine, where the club lounge is located...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jshepherd
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear jshepherd

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor following your stay in January with us at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

The location is indeed ideal for moving around London with ease to visit most major attractions, sites, shops for tourism and business.

I was pleased to learn that on the whole you had enjoyable stay with us as well as appreciating your upgrade to a well-appointed junior suite. Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced. Whilst our associates do their utmost to guarantee a speedy check in, sometimes waiting time may occur during busy periods.

Please be assured that our fire alarm system is very modern and our fire panel shows exactly where any fire is located, only Fire Brigade have to give the all the clear before guest may return to their bedrooms. Furthermore the safety of our guests and associates is paramount to us and our emergency procedures are constantly reviewed with the local fire authorities to ensure that the Hotel is in complete compliance with the United Kingdom Fire Regulations.

We do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Le Méridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Oscar del Campo