“Excellent location, mediocre rooms”

Le Meridien Piccadilly
Ranked #517 of 1,076 Hotels in London

Positive:
I echo others' comments about this hotel's fantastic location. I stayed at the hotel for business and found that I was only a quick taxi ride away from almost everywhere I needed to be. At night I could walk to delicious local restaurants and one afternoon, I took a run down the street, through Green Park and around the Palace.

My room was clean when I arrived.

Negative:
The walls of the hotel are paper thin. I could hear nearly everything the guests on either side of me were saying and when a crying baby woke me up around 3am from the room next door, it was impossible to go back to sleep. My television didn't work and the thermostat was broken - the heat in the room worked but it couldn't be turned up, which made for some chilly nights. The bathroom had chipping paint.

Overall, this hotel was clean and the staff were kind but I don't think it's a 5-star establishment. It's best selling point is its location.

1  Thank yankeebelle44
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Yankeebelle44,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience experienced in your room - these issues should have been spotted prior to your arrival. I can only hope that once reported our Engineering team was able to swiftly fix them.

Rest assured that I have reviewed your comments with our Housekeeping team in order to avoid a recurrence in future.

I sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing Le Méridien Piccadilly on your next visit to London. Please do make your reservation directly through my office so that I may assist you with your room selection.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at the Le Meridien Piccadilly for 8 days during Christmas time and the hotel staff went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was memorable. We were upgraded to a recently refurbished suite that made the time spent in the room all the more comfortable.The hotel has a perfect location with the tube right out side the front door and Piccadilly Circus a two minute walk. The Club Room Lounge offered a pleasent respite from morning until night to just grab a quick bite, or catch up on the news. We highly recommend the hotel for those wanting to visit London and be centrally located.

Room Tip: We opted for a room at the back of the hotel facing inward...although the view was minimal, the room...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aetofolia

Dear Aetofolia,

thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay in December at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

It was nice to see that you enjoyed your time with us - and thank you for your compliments about our Club Lounge, it is indeed a small oasis of calm serving small snacks at lunch and dinner time as well as a complimentary continental breakfast.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon here in London at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Next to Picadilly Circus, i.e. the exact centre of the London map: enough said!

One enters the hotel through a small but modern lobby that works well with the traditional architecture to create an atmosphere of functionality. I found check-in and check-out to be fast and the staff to be generally helpful. Room service was quite efficient (specially by comparison with the often undemanding London standards). I was particularly impressed with the doorman's assistance in flagging taxis within seconds of every time we exited the hotel: very handy.

The restaurant on first floor serves good continental food in a bright and urban setting; did not try the bar.

Given the otherwise high standard of the hotel, I was underwhelmed by my room. It was tiny, with minimal space for storage or for moving around, with a less than ideal layout (main door opening directly onto the bed, with the bathroom at the back). The hotel is located in what appears to be the reunion of several buildings from various periods, suggesting that the size and layout of rooms must vary substantially. As to the fixtures: bed comfort OK; bathroom functional but a touch spartan; decent heating despite the freezing temperature outside; some noise from the adjoining rooms: altogether the feel of an older 4-star room in a 5-star hotel. On the plus side, a super-fast and steady WiFi connection.

I was charged almost 300 pounds per night (corporate rate): quite expensive, but the hotel was full during a busy London week, and is in a position to charge a premium for class and location.

1  Thank vwhk

Dear Vwhk,

thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the outstanding location of our hotel and the friendly and efficient service - our associates certainly are our biggest asset and I am sure that they will find your comments very encouraging.

The hotel was opened in 1908 and whilst it does consist of only one building, it does have a Piccadilly and a Regent Street wing. As is the case in many historic hotels the layout of rooms as well as their size can vary depending on their location within the hotel and on the category of room booked. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience experienced and please do feel free to contact me prior to your next booking to review your preferences so that we can make sure that we meet your expectations.

I look forward to hearing from you and to hopefully being able to welcome you back to Le Méridien Piccadilly soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was terrıbly ıll and went to hospıtal and no one ever called or acknowledge how you feel..there ıs no customer servıce at all
Also when ı check out they see ın the system and asked me how ı am...how sılly ıf ı come to desk specıally for check out than ı should be fıne
Most of the staff ın the entrance do nothıng besıde lookıng for assıstance to make a tıp ...rooms are to dark...they saıd you are spg but gave me terrıble room..honestly one of the worse starwood expereınce ı ever met although ı am a hotellıer shame on busıness collegues

Room Tip: Make sure they dont gıve you a locker as room!
1  Thank josephtherye

Dear Josephtherye,

thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I am very sorry to hear that your felt that the response of our associates to you having been taken ill was not appropriate. Having reviewed the incident with my team I can honestly say that they acted quickly and with your best interest in mind throughout the incident. Your friend had become concerned as he was knocking on your door but you were not responding. He contacted our associates and they rushed to your room immediately. The Night Manager arranged a wheelchair to take you quickly down to a waiting taxi and rush you to hospital.

We did not have a contact mobile telephone number and hospitals in the UK do not disclose any information about patients over the telephone but you were accompanied by your friend and did return the next morning. This is when our associates during check out asked how you were. I am sorry you felt that this was "silly", I can assure you that they were simply concerned.

Once again my apologies for not having met your expectations in handling this situation but I can assure you that our team acted correctly and with your safety and well-being as their main priority at all times.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great location,stayed for just two nights,short theatre break.
Very warm welcome from the receptionst,(Verginie I think!)who had informed us that we had been granted an upgrade to a deluxe room,I wonder what the classic room was like,I woould n't have like to have paid for a deluxe room. The room was a reasonable size in comparison to other London hotels,however the room was extremely shabby and the bathroom was even shabbier!
The room was fine for such a short stay and we managed to get it at a reasonable price.
Breakfast was ncluded in the price of the hotel.The breakfast room was a trifle busy and chaotic. There was a reasonable range of breakfast items,but no access to fresh eggs.
I couldn't fault the location of this hotel.

Room Tip: If breakfast is not included there are plenty of other breakfast options in the vicinity.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sambucada

Dear Sambucada,

thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was very sorry to hear that you did not like your room - please do feel free to reach out to me directly to describe in more detail what led to your dissatisfaction so that we can take the necessary steps to remedy the situation. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Our breakfast buffet offers a large selection of items including scrambled eggs. Fried or boiled eggs as well as omelettes can be ordered a la carte (included in the price of the full buffet breakfast) and will be freshly prepared in the kitchen.

I very much hope to be able to welcome you back on your next visit to London, please do book directly with me so that I may assist you with the room allocation.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at Le Meridien Piccadilly for two nights on a recent business trip to London. I had a million meetings planned all across Central London, so the location was just superb. At first glance upon entering the lobby, you're struck the hotel's modern decor and friendly staff. I was a bit surprised by the steps in the hallway to my room and even more surprised at the layout of my room. Really awkward with a split level, small window and old fashioned bathroom. The breakfast, lunch and lounge facilities were superb. Internet connectivity was a bit annoying.

2  Thank undutchable2010

Dear Undutchable2010,

It was nice to see that you enjoyed your time with us, in particular our dining and breakfast offerings.

Our Hotel opened its doors back in 1908 and has been a landmark in Piccadilly ever since as well as a prime example of "Regency" architecture. As such the layout of our rooms varies throughout the building. Please do contact us directly prior to your next visit so that we may ensure that we allocate a room without split level.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Absolutely wonderful stay. Room was first class,breakfast was amazing, location unbeatable. In particular though, would like to praise Virginie on the desk, who was both professional and welcoming...an asset to any hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Bexfrench11

Dear Norwegiancoulthard,

thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will most certainly share your comments with Virginie.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon here at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Kind regards,