“Review of Le Meridien Piccadilly”

Le Meridien Piccadilly
Ranked #533 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Review of Le Meridien Piccadilly”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

It was a pleasant stay in Le Meridien Piccadilly.
Nicely located close to Piccadilly circus and Oxford Street.
The people were very courteous and helpful.
The business centre offered free internet service since I had not carried my laptop with me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, Rooms Division Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Stalin_Peace,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and the central location of the hotel in the heart of Central London.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments about our Associates. It is the goal of our Team to deliver outstanding service and to make every experience to a memorable one. I am glad to hear that our Team was able to fulfill your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Piccadilly in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Ramona McCarthy
Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Well located in the center of London.
Hotel reception was smooth and you know you come to the nice hotel.

BUT, the rooms were very small and old. The air conditioning makes noise all the time, you hear the running water through the walls, and shower had very little pressure.
I stayed there because of the fantastic swimming pool, but it only opens at 09:30 so that business travelers don't get benefit

1 Thank cake_0
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Cake_0,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

It was nice to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel as well as the service delivered by our reception team and our Health Club.

Our swimming pool opens at 6 am on weekdays and at 8 am on weekends - please accept my apologies if you were misinformed.

Rooms vary in size depending on the category booked - I would hope that you might consider giving us another opportunity and I would be delighted to personally assist you with your next reservation. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

ireland
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We found this hotel to be good in parts. The swimming pool and fitness centre together with the location were the main reasons why we returned here after a two year absence. We loved the fact that it is so central and being able to pop onto the tube and zip up to Paddington and then the Heathrow express is fantastic. We rationalised that what we spent extra on the room, we had probably saved on the taxi fares but I left after 2 nights regrettably thinking that it just wasn't worth the money. The reception were great but the bar is dated ,closes pretty early for a hotel bar. One of our party found that her sheets weren't changed, the bathroom shower pressure is very poor, the lift system schizophrenic. Our breakfast was included in the price but when six of our party went down and had the breakfast they were charged full price as they had eaten in the wrong section.The pool is great but the staff seemed incredibly disinterested. We had a poor first nights sleep due to a faulty air con but once pointed out the staff sorted it out within 1 hour. The rooms are pretty big for London.These are all undoubtedly first world problems but when you're paying this much per room each detail needs to be great, and the small print shouldn't be there only to trip the guests up. I wouldn't stay again and neither would any of our party. This isn't because it was dreadful- just not good enough

Dear Brockcork,

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the excellent location of the hotel as well as the Health Club and the size of our rooms.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not like our Longitude Bar - it was completely renovated in 2010. The bar closes at 1 am (midnight on Sunday) but does certainly stay open longer for resident guests if still busy at that time.

Starwood Hotels & Resorts operate a "Make a Green Choice" program and guests can choose whether they wish to have their bed linen changed daily by placing the card provided on the bed in the morning. Please accept my apologies if that was overlooked in one of the rooms.

I am also sorry to hear that you found the shower pressure to be insufficient - please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

All our guest lifts are new and operate with a security system that requires guests to enter their room key in order to access the guest floors. This is an additional safety precaution to deter non-residents from gaining access, I am sorry to hear that you found this to be an inconvenience.

I am a little baffled at your comment about breakfast - if your rate did include breakfast you should certainly not have been charged. Please do contact me directly to review the details of your reservation, we will be more than happy to refund the breakfast charge if we made a mistake.

I sincerely hope that you might reconsider your decision to stay elsewhere in the future, please do make your next reservation directly through my office so that I can assist you with your booking.

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Next to Piccadilly Circus and Regent street, Le Merdien is a perfect choice for a shopping weekend in London. I usually book this hotel through the usual discount sites and manage to get a decent rate (close to £100/room). For this price, you get a good value for money. The staff is friendly, breakfast is decent, rooms and bathrooms are small and could be refurbished.
If I would be paying the normal price, which is above £300/room, I would go somewhere else

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Stephane P,

thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Mérdien Piccadilly.

It was nice to read that you do enjoy your stays with us - you might want to consider booking a deluxe or club room for your next visit as they offer larger accommodation.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Los Altos Hills, California
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Le Meridien has always been one of my favorite hotels due to the location. An evening dinner offers great choices, being so close to the theatre district. Its a quick walk to Oxford or Bond street and cabs are available right on the kern. Situated in an old landmark building; the lobby is a bit cramped. Over the years, extensive renovations have resulted in modern rooms though there are a few sloping roofs and small rooms. Unfortunately, renovated rooms are on the lower floors therefore picking a modern room/ with street noise versus older/quieter rooms on the higher floors is a choice you have to make. The Terrace Grill has been redone nicely and a good place to meet with clients for a business breakfast to start the morning. The concierge is world class and very helpful, overall service is friendly and competent. Be warned- its London prices and vary widely according to the season. Still, Its always a pleasure to return back.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on higher floors if you want to shut out street noise.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was forced to stay at the Le Meridien for one night, as we were evacuated from The Cavendish Hotel due to a gas leak outside.

Was pretty excited at the outset to be staying here, but my excitement faded. The guy at reception seemed to just about tolerate us, even though he getting 3 room bookings on the spot. The room was fine, although the bathroom looked very dated and a little unclean, even a few stray hairs on the floor and in the bathtub. I'm not sure if it was just my room, but the walls seemed to be made of cardboard and I could hear my neighbour sneezing, snoring and moving around his room.

Maybe if I had more time at the hotel I would have found other aspects of it enticing, but can't say much about the short stay I had.

1 Thank Mulata_Mel
Dear Mulata_Mel,

thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Please accept my apologies for any shortcomings you encountered - the evacuation of the Cavendish late at night did indeed not give you much opportunity to enjoy the hotel and its facilities. I sincerely hope that you therefore might consider choosing us for your next visit to London so that we may hopefully improve the first impression you took away.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We love this hotel for enjoying London. You can walk to theaters, restaurants and shopping all close by. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Opt for their club rooms and get internet plus breakfast and cocktail, plus.

Room Tip: club rooms are worth it
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Roger S
Dear Roger S,

thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following you stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Super friendly and helpful are attributes that I am particularly glad to see in reference to our staff - I am certain your comments will serve as a great motivation for the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Oscaar del Campo