Le Meridien Piccadilly
$200
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
$202
  • Pool
$208
$195
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$166
$231
$400
  • Pool
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$155
$200
$189
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$132
$110
Travelocity
2,594 results
All reviewsthe club loungeregent streetcan't beat the locationwest endsteam roomafternoon teaexcellent locationupgraded roombuckingham palacegreen parkcentral locationlarge roomtube stopcovent gardenlondon hotellondon eyehyde park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel has large rooms and is walking distance to the best shopping and theatre locations. It is easy to get to - take the Heathrow express to Paddington and then the tube to the Piccadilly. It is a half block from the tube station.

The staff throughout my stay was fabulous and the spacious room was a nice surprise for London. I had a nice sitting area, king bed plus a pullout couch. This room could have accommodated 4 people easily.

I will definitely return in the future - net time with my family1

Room Tip: The rooms on the restaurant level are very spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Beaucoupdetravel
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Beaucoupdetravel,

thank you for sharing your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

It is always particularly rewarding to receive praise for our staff and I am sure it will serve as a great motiviation - thank you for your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon here at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Had drinks in Meridien's Longitude Bar and were nicely surprised by the decoration and atmosphere.
The location is great, steps away from Piccadilly Circus and across Fortnum an Masons.
Even for non guests the Bar is inviting and the offering of cocktails is impressive. Not cheap but ok for this 5 star environment. The Bar is locates near the cloackrooms which I find convenient if you plan to stay for more than one drink.
Quality of the cocktails is good as far as the looks go, taste was rather bland we found. And a good cocktail needs more then just good looks unfortunatly. Staff could also be a bit more attentive as we had to wait some time for them to take our orders.
Would I go back? I guess so, it is a convenient location for Pre Theather drinks but I would probably not order the 'fancy' cocktails and stick with a Gin and Tonic.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear WeZoozExpert,

thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit to our Longitude Bar.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere in the bar and that you would return. Our resident Mixologist was somewhat troubled about your comments regarding the cocktails -
please do make sure you let us know when you are next visiting as he is determined to convince you that he and his team can turn around your initial impression.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The hotel is perfectly situated for the theatres, restaurants, Piccadilly, Regent and Oxford Street shopping, important museums and art galleries, Soho, China Town and Covent Garden.

However, room 620 is probably the worst 5 star hotel bedroom I have ever slept in anywhere in the world. It is dated and in need of immediate attention. There was not one electricity socket located for telephone or computer use and recharging or boiling the provided kettle for tea. The actual kettle was the cheapest, tackiest I have ever encountered outside a bed and breakfast. To plug it in I had go on my hands and knees alongside the wardrobe. The tea tray had just 2 teabags and 2 milks, plus coffee. The shower was inside the bath with no hand shower for use in the bath. Just 1 shampoo and 1 body wash were provided for 2 people. Bath towels (not bath wraps) were the smallest ever in a 5 star hotel. Biggest con - internet connection. 50p per minute or £20 per day. Free in the Cafe Nero coffee shop next door and across the street in the book shop. I left with the distinct impression I was in a room with reduced amenities reserved for discounted internet bookings. Upset by this, we decided not to spend in the hotel and took breakfast at Fortnum and Mason across the street and dinner elsewhere.

On our fist full day at the hotel we left quite early, before 9am. After breakfast at Fortnums we took to the shops returning back to the hotel at 2.pm, before rushing off to a theatre matinee, only to find our room had not been serviced. It is customary in many hotels, where guest comfort is considered paramount, to service the rooms of staying guests before departures to prevent what happened to us. I mentioned it to the receptionist whose only comment was "they work until 5pm". Some consolation.

Hotels should treat all guests equally and internet booking companies, Bookings.Com in my case, should state clearly that the price advertised is for inferior rooms only. My room was described as a "Classic Double". The dictionary description of classic is "standard" or "typical". If my room was typical of the rest then this hotel is definitely not 5 star and whichever agency graded it they should return for another look! Buyer beware! If you think you are buying a luxury 5 star break, your not at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before you check in - and reject it if you are disappointed, they are sure to have a better one.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Taffytravels

Dear Taffytravels,

thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following you recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Please accept my apologies for not having met your expectations during your stay. I can only assume that our Housekeeping department overlooked the fact that the room was for double occupancy and therefore the amenities where for one person only. A quick call to our Guest Service Department would have corrected that immediately, I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Should you decide to visit us again on your next trip to London please do reach out to me directly so I can assist you with your choice of room.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've had the need to stay at this hotel a few times and each time I am very pleased with the rooms, service and experience. Located just west of Piccadilly Circus, this centrally located hotel still provides you with an escapist feel - once inside the ambiance is relaxed and the noise level is peaceful. the bar here has a nice vibe to it also, with a great creative drinks service and nice snacks. The rooms vary is size depending on booking - and some floors offer hosted food/drinks in an executive lounge. As a Starwood hotel property rewards rooms are often available here too. The rooms I've been in are all modern, with new bathroom fittings, marble floors/counter tops etc.. Beds are comfortable with good quality linens. Larger flat screen TVs and mini-bar in all the rooms - and complimentary coffee/tea service in room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear LondonUnveiled,

thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stays with us in the past - I hope we will continue to be your hotel of choice for your visits to London and I look forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Piccadilly soon.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here with my mum for a one night theatre trip.

Initial impressions were very good, efficient check in, great staff on desk. Room was available straight away (11am) Room was small, but we had booked a basic room do this was acceptable.

We had done a lot of research and paid over my budget for a hotel with leisure facilities. We were really looking forward to this, but we're left dissapointed. Jacuzzi was out of service and pool was too cold to swim in. I'm from Yorkshire, I grew up swimming in the north sea. I can cope with a chillier than average pool, but this was really really cold.

Beds were very comfy, and I was looking forward to a great nights sleep. Sadly, the noise outside was terrible. Two single panes will not soundproof. I know its a historic building, but they will have to rethink this if they refurb.

Breakfast was great, lots of choice and fantastic quality. The restaurant is very beautiful too.

We had to queue a long time to check out, I was then over charged for my massage and when I questioned this, the girl was very abrupt, but it was sorted quickly.

Location wise this place is superb, absolutely ideal for all London shopping theatres etc, tube is right next door. The pay off is that is very loud. I won't be returning, but others will be able to overlook these faults for what is fundamentally a very good hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the lower floors at the front, very loud.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank knebworthkate

Dear Knebworthkate,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I am very pleased to see that you liked the hotel but I am of course sorry for some of the inconveniences you experienced.

We keep the water temperature in our pool at 28 degree celsius, with the outside temperature at 1 degree higher than that. This is based on the recommendations of the Pool Water Technical Advisory Group (PWTAG) and the Amateur Swimming Association. Any temperature higher than 30 degree celcius is deemed to increase the risk of proliferation of bacteria. I am very sorry to hear that you found this to be too cold.

Our rooms are all equipped with double glazing but the hotel is indeed located right in the heart of the city, directly on Piccadilly and Regent Street. Please accept my apologies for your discomfort. I am also very sorry about the confusion at check out but glad to see that it was swiftly resolved.

It would be shame, considering that you really liked our hotel, not to return on your next visit to London. Please do contact me directly for your next reservation and I will be happy to assist you with allocating an inside facing room that, whilst not offering views of Piccadilly or Regent Street, will be in a quieter area of the hotel and thus more suited for you.

Best regards from London,