“Hotel in the bustling heart of the theatre district”

Le Meridien Piccadilly
Ranked #508 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The last time my husband and I were at the Meridien Piccadilly was in 2001. They have renovated the property extensively since then, and are part of the Starwood Hotels group.

Mind you, this hotel is situated on Piccadilly and Regent street, and it gets quite busy both during the day and at night. However, you are quite a busy part of London, a stone's throw from shows and many nearby attractions. Given that London is a walking/tube city, the location of this hotel is ideal.

The Junior Suite club level room we were in on the 9th floor faced the quieter side of the hotel, thus our sleep was not disturbed from the throngs of people gathered below. The room was quite large, with a separate sitting area. The double sinks were good, and the room was clean. Bed was comfortable and temperature was easily set. Housekeeping service arrived later in the afternoon; but we were out all days but one, so this was never a problem. The only problem we had with the room was that the towel warmer in the bathroom didn't work. Someone came to "fix" it and, although he said it was fixed, it was not. We had no robes in our room, and within five minutes of calling the desk for them, they arrived.

The club-level lounge serves a decent breakfast spread and food and drinks throughout the day. We took advantage of this often, as it was part of the package.

Front desk staff were helpful, although more than two would be good. Doormen/bellhops were always pleasant and helpful as well. We had breakfast once in the Terrace restaurant and actually preferred the club room breakfast. Eggs seemed powdered and the coffee was not great.

Relaxation room is always a big draw for mus, to unwind after a long day. There was a family in it one day and really shouldn't have been used by children, since they were going in and out and talking quite loudly. Thankfully they left within a few minutes of us arriving, else their parents would have heard it from me :)

Pool and hot tub were inviting, but the steam room was incredibly hot that my skin and lips started to burn. Had to leave within three minutes.

Overall, we had a nice return visit.

Room Tip: Suites are obviously larger. Ask to not face the hustle and bustle of Picadilly Circus. ROom 912 was...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your favourable review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

It was a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments regarding your stay and that you had a most enjoyable time with us. I will forward your comments to our entire team who I am sure will be pleased with your kind words. The Hotel indeed has an enviable location within the heart of London with all the hot spots being easily accessible and the popular tourist attractions just a stone's throw away.

I was delighted to hear that you found the Hotel’s facilities comfortable especially your well-appointed suite. However, my apologies for any inconvenience cause by the malfunction of the heated towel rail in your bathroom which I have addressed with the Property Manager.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Le Méridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Le Méridien Piccadilly

Write a ReviewReviews (2,559)

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed here recently when attending a concert at The Palladium (which is 5 minutes walking distance away). The room was exceptional - clean, decorated to a high standard. The hotel staff were polite and efficient. Couldn't fault this hotel at all!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your favourable feedback on the TripAdvisor website following your recent stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

We were delighted to read that you had a pleasurable stay with us, that you found the Hotel’s facilities comfortable and that you appreciated your well-appointed room. It was marvellous to learn that you valued the level of service provided by our associates as they are an excellent asset to the Hotel.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and for choosing to stay with us, we very much look forward to welcoming you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly on your future visits to London.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Located on Piccadilly a stone's throw from Piccadilly Circus, Shaftesbury Ave and all that goes with theatreland this hotel is in a very old building that has been renovated and converted. As such it has few draw backs, its layout takes some getting used to, high ceilings mean the heating takes a while to work, and the plumbing can be noisy. But for one or two nights to see London its fine. Other than that it is a very nicely decorated and furnished property although it does feel like they need stronger lighting. The facilities are good (pool gym), restaurants very good, food excellent and the service from the staff is above average for central London.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your stays with us at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the Hotel’s facilities confortable with its well-appointed Health Club. I was also pleased to read that you appreciated the food served in our outlets. It was encouraging to learn that you appreciated the level of service provided by our associates as they are a great asset to the Hotel.

Our location is indeed ideal for moving around London and for visiting most of its major attractions, sites and theatres.

Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Le Méridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We very much look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I love staying at this hotel. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly, the rooms and beds more than comfortable, and the location can't be beat! The lounge for platinum members is an extra bonus and the gym is great. It even has a beautiful indoor pool and sauna. Overall, a great hotel!

Dear Guest

We were delighted to read that you had another enjoyable stay with us and that you appreciated the comfort of your room as well as the Club Lounge facilities. The Hotel’s location is indeed ideal for moving around London with ease and for visiting most of its major attractions.

It was hugely encouraging to read that you appreciated the helpful service provided by all of our associates. Our associates are a great asset to the Hotel and I have shared your comments with them.

Thank you again for your review and we very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We ( 2 x adults & 2 x children 12yrs) stayed here early Feb and had a great time, the location is fantastic for the west end, regents st, etc. the Consierge was very helpful for restaurant bookings. I'd recommend it for families wanting to be 'in amongst in London'.

We had 2 adjoining rooms which were nice/comfortable, the basement bar is very nice with good service, the pool is bigger than expected and the hot tub/steam room etc were all clean.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the 2nd floor at the rear of the hotel, surprisingly quiet for centre of London.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Like2getaway01

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your favourable feedback on the TripAdvisor website following your stay at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

We were delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you appreciated the comfort of your rooms as well as the Health Club’s facilities. The Hotel’s location is indeed ideal for moving around London with ease and for visiting most of its major attractions.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Stayed for one night, 15/2/12, and really disappointed as I had expected it to be higher quality that experienced.
Firstly the location is excellent and that is the main reason you would stay there...that really is the only reason! Excellent for tube/shops etc.
Lobby is clean and modern, looked promising but the room really was nothing special. Lighting poor, outdated bathroom, very noisy floors (creaking floorboards constantly from upstairs, especially annoying at 6 am!).
Some parts of bathroom, around taps were grubby. Bed was comfortable but pillows were incredibly high and slept with neck at funny angle!
Also had a problem with the lift not stopping at the floor I had pressed, something another reviewer has mentioned!
The main gripe, and I think this was probably the final nail in the coffin..was the poor breakfast. I have stayed at many hotels, worldwide and have enough experience to know the selection was not good enough for a five star. There were not side plates or cutlery for toast on table. The buffet was very limited, if I had wanted anything other than scrambled eggs I would have had to order it, this was a bit late to find out when my plate was already used with the meagre offerings. The plates themselves were only side plate size and not warmed. We had to constantly go up and down to retrieve things...butter,knives,marmalade. Really not impressed when I have stayed at other London hotels that are as expensive but feel like a real treat!
Basically stay there for location and eat out for breakfast, some much better value and standard breakfasts nearby! Probably good for the business traveller, but my husband (who travels around the world and stays at some of the best hotels in the world) would definitely not return here!
What a pity, I definitely think some of the others reviewers who have rated it highly may not have the experience of others hotels to compare it with. I wish I could be more positive.
Lastly,on checkout we did mention the poor night sleep due to the above floor but the desk attendant could not have been less interested. Poor.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review following your recent stat at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed the Hotel’s amazing location in the heart of London, it is indeed well placed for business and tourism.

We were truly sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your recent experience at our Hotel. Our guests are our upmost priority and we strive to ensure that every guest has a very enjoyable time at the Hotel. I would add that the Hotel’s lifts are guest-key operated giving an added level of internal security, my apologies if found this system inconvenient.

I have noted your comments regarding breakfast which I will be discussing with our Chef de Cuisine and Food and Beverage Manager to ensure that LM Brand standards are delivery in a consistent manner.

Once again, I am truly sorry for any shortcomings you may have experienced and I sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing Le Méridien Piccadilly or Starwood Hotels for your next visit to London. Please feel free to contact my office directly so that I may assure you of my personal attention.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

We liked the location of the hotel--close to many restaurants, shops, and metro lines. However, we did not like the room. Parts of the room looked newly renovated, while others (like the wood furniture in the living room and aspects of the bathroom) looked old and in need of renovation. The lighting in the room was poor, in part because the windows faced another building. We also had a terrible time getting a cab in front of the hotel when we needed to return to the airport. After 20 minutes of no available cabs, we had to haul our luggage to the tube and take that to the airport. Despite the convenient location, we didn't like the room and it wasn't a great value, so we wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review on the TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at Le Méridien Piccadilly.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our Hotel, it is certainly ideal for moving around London with ease and for visiting its major attractions.

Le Méridien Piccadilly recently underwent a soft refurbishment of all its rooms. The design does mix more traditional elements with modern touches reflecting the rich history of the hotel since its opening in 1908, whilst at the same time achieving a more contemporary look and feel. Our rooms vary in size and views as they do in most hotels in Central London, please accept my apologies for not having met your expectations on this occasion.

I hope that the experience will not deter you from choosing Le Méridien Piccadilly or Starwood Hotels for your next visit to London. Please do contact my office for your next stay and we will be pleased to assist you with the room allocation.