The last time my husband and I were at the Meridien Piccadilly was in 2001. They have renovated the property extensively since then, and are part of the Starwood Hotels group.
Mind you, this hotel is situated on Piccadilly and Regent street, and it gets quite busy both during the day and at night. However, you are quite a busy part of London, a stone's throw from shows and many nearby attractions. Given that London is a walking/tube city, the location of this hotel is ideal.
The Junior Suite club level room we were in on the 9th floor faced the quieter side of the hotel, thus our sleep was not disturbed from the throngs of people gathered below. The room was quite large, with a separate sitting area. The double sinks were good, and the room was clean. Bed was comfortable and temperature was easily set. Housekeeping service arrived later in the afternoon; but we were out all days but one, so this was never a problem. The only problem we had with the room was that the towel warmer in the bathroom didn't work. Someone came to "fix" it and, although he said it was fixed, it was not. We had no robes in our room, and within five minutes of calling the desk for them, they arrived.
The club-level lounge serves a decent breakfast spread and food and drinks throughout the day. We took advantage of this often, as it was part of the package.
Front desk staff were helpful, although more than two would be good. Doormen/bellhops were always pleasant and helpful as well. We had breakfast once in the Terrace restaurant and actually preferred the club room breakfast. Eggs seemed powdered and the coffee was not great.
Relaxation room is always a big draw for mus, to unwind after a long day. There was a family in it one day and really shouldn't have been used by children, since they were going in and out and talking quite loudly. Thankfully they left within a few minutes of us arriving, else their parents would have heard it from me :)
Pool and hot tub were inviting, but the steam room was incredibly hot that my skin and lips started to burn. Had to leave within three minutes.
Overall, we had a nice return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Piccadilly is set in the heart of the West End one of London’s most fashionable destination, and only moments away from London’s cultural attractions, including Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, and Covent Garden. The hotel features many amenities including meeting facilities and banqueting suites, the Piccadilly Health Club and one of London’s largest indoor swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien Piccadilly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Piccadilly Hotel London
- Le Meridien Hotel London
- Le Meridien London
- London Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Piccadilly London, England