“Better than NYC Waldorf” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #352 of 1,087 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Better than NYC Waldorf”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here using Hilton Honors points and was fully expecting the worse room there (as happened in the Waldorf Astoria in NYC) but very impressed with the room and service. It was our anniversary and a bottle of wine was sent up to the room with congratulations.
The hotel is near Covent Garden, Leicester square and not far from the West End so convenient location although not that close to a tube station.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mumof1soontobe2
Sarah B, Front Office Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review or our beautiful hotel and once again may we take this opportunity to wish you a very happy anniversary.

Our team work extremely hard to ensure that all our guest have the very best of experience here in the heart of the city we are delighted by your feedback, I am very much looking forward to sharing your comments with the whole team especially our dedicated pastry department who take great pleasure in making special moments such as these.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Waldorf Hilton to celebrate your next anniversary.

SARAH I Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Absolutely delighted with everything during my overnight stay at this hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful from the minute I stepped thought the door. The rooms were clean and the chamber maid was confident, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Margaret N
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind review of the Waldorf Hilton.

I was delighted to read that you were made to feel welcome from the moment you entered our beautiful hotel as we do strive to make all of our guest feel like they are at their home away from home. I am looking forward to sharing your fantastic feedback with all our team members, in particular our housekeeping team will be elated by your comments.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was our second stay at the Waldorf and I cannot find any faults. Its a special historic hotel in a great location in London. Walking distance from the river Thames, theatre land, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square and so on. Basically, its a great location for anyone visiting the capital.

I don't understand people who give this hotel a low rating, moaning about every little thing. I'm sure they live in pristine perfect mansions but come on!! Maybe they should just stay at home!!

Anyway, back to the hotel. I must say that the staff were brilliant. Every time we needed anything, they were more than happy to help. We were initially given a twin room, but asked if we can change and it was done. We asked for a late check-out and it was done. Little things like that go a long way.

Highly recommended

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Medsta
Sarah B, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review.

Our team work extremely hard to ensure that all our guest have the very best of experience here in the heart of the city we are delighted by your feedback, I am very much looking forward to sharing your comments with the whole team.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Waldorf Hilton in the near future.

Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

One of my favorite two Hilton's (the other is Antwerp). Everything about it is top notch. Rooms are well appointed and fresh; bathroom is huge; and the breakfast in the morning is first rate. The best thing about this hotel is the location. You can't beat it for theatre, shopping, eating, museums - basically everything. It's about a 45 minute tube ride from Heathrow and a short walk from the Covent Garden stop. This is the hotel I'll always try to stay in when I'm in London.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mja1982
Elisa B, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are always delighted and encouraged to receive such positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Elisa B
Guest Relations Manager
The Waldorf Hilton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I took my partner to London as it was out last weekend before I deployed on tour. We got put in a room which had dirty towels in on arrive which was sorted when I ask for them to be removed for fresh ones, however that was not the last of our worrys during the night the window started banging which caused us not to sleep when we reported it we got 50£ off our room but nothing else's was done. I left feeling very disappointed after the Waldorf in New York was amazing so this really let me down! I have written this as soon as I could as just returned home.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay with us at the Waldorf Hilton. I was however most concerned to read your feedback and would very much like to learn more of your experience and with whom you have been in contact with at the hotel to arrange the £50 refund to your account as form of an apology, we strive to make it right to our guests when things do occasionally go wrong and I am saddened to hear that we have not achieved this despite our very best intentions.

Please can you email me at lonwa_guestrelations@hilton.com so I can investigate your feedback further.

I look forward to hearing from you,

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Hard to beat this hotel for a central London stay. I have had four or five stays in the past year and each time have been impressed. The rooms vary a great deal because this an older style property but the staff take care to try to meet preferences. Variations in style mean that you can be lucky and get a very large room, the King Suite is a real treat. The Executive Lounge is small but very well run. I travel a lot and sound-proofing and a comfortable bed are key, both guaranteed here, the double glazing is v effective. The staff are charming. A very we'll run hotel. I am a Diamond Hilton member, and this is a particularly well run property, and compares favourably to the New York and Rome Waldorf properties. Have used this hotel for business and vacation, it is equally well suited to both types of stay.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms overlook the Aldwych, noise not an issue.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank reviewjunkie
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London as well for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

We were very much delighted and appreciative to read your comments about our staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. I hope you were able to enjoy our Covent Garden area whilst staying with us and we are very much looking forward to your next stay with us.

If I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Kind Regards,

Eline C.
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hotel itself is antique, and nice although the rooms are small and not very fancy. It was actually my second time to stay here. The first time was okay, but this time, especially the last day was awful. There was an event held at the hotel and the music was REALLY loud. We complained but they kept saying that there is nothing they can do about it except for the discount for the night (do not know how much yet as I am typing this while the party is still on). The party is supposed to go on until 1am but what kind of 5 star, hilton hotel allow this night-club-like party to be held when the travelers are trying to have some rest? I am very disappointed at what they think is okay to do. They shouldn't have accepted this party to be taken place at first place. I probably expected too much only because it was Hilton Woldorf, but you really should consider if you are looking for something that deserve what you are paying for. The location is amazing, though.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wantstobealondoner
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear guest,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your review through Tripadvisor related to your previous visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

We greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service.

I was really concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry you were very disappointed.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel against Hilton's high service and quality standards. I would like to learn more about your stay as it will enable us to continually improve, exceed quality standards, and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of the world’s travellers. Please contact me via email eline.christiaanse@hilton.com or by telephone +44 (0) 207 759 4255.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

I look forward to hear from you in the near future.

Eline C.