“small but nice quiet room and helpful staff”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #329 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 24, 2014

the room was a standard room; it was small but had a nice bathroom and good guest toiletries. the hotel/room was spotless and had lots of pillows to choose from and a large flat screen tv. i found the staff friendly and very helpful. breakfast was what you might expect of a modern hotel but not 5*. the hotel is in a great position on the strand, minutes from the national gallery, trafalgar sq, westminster and china town and shopping. take a walk along the embankment to the tower.
food was cheap away from the main areas .

Room Tip: i asked for a quiet room and was given one, well done hotel reception. if i had more money i would c...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank peterattwood
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear guest,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I have taken on board your comments in regards to our breakfast services and please note that I have forwarded your comments to our restaurant manager to look into.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

There are newer reviews for The Waldorf Hilton London

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night to celebrate our anniversary. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They were friendly & welcoming.
Breakfast was also great - plenty of choice.
Room was spacious and also very quiet.
We didn't go to the pool but definitely will next time.
The hotel is ideally located for the shows & Covent Garden

2  Thank beenaroundagain

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London as well for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

We were very much delighted and appreciative to read your comments about our staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. I hope you were able to enjoy the Covent Garden area whilst staying with us and we are very much looking forward to your next stay with us.

If I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great location and wonderful service, however, I was extremely disappointed by our room.

We were on the 6th floor and the room was extremely 'tired'. The bathroom was in need of modernising, the furnishings in the room were old.

The room did not smell fresh, it contained only one chair - not ideal when two guests are staying, and attention to detail was sadly lacking.

The lampshades were crooked, the toilet was leaking into the bowl, there were water stains left on the stainless steel bathroom fixtures.

I had expected more for my money.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 6th floor!
1  Thank Sazzule

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments related to your recent stay at the Waldorf Hilton London.

I would like to convey my sincerest apologies for your disappointing experience. I was saddened to learn that your expectations were not met and I fully understand as to why you were disappointed.

I take onboard your comments in regards to the overall experience, especially the short falls you encountered with the room type which you booked. Please note that the hotel does have 10 different room types but unfortunately some are not refurbished yet. We are in process of refurbishment and we hope to finish this project by this time next year. We are known for our excellent customer service, however on this occasion this was not the case and I understand how frustrating it must have been for you.

As Hotelier's we aim to exceed expectations at every opportunity and on this occasion we have clearly failed. I truly hope that you give us the opportunity to prove that this was a one off disappointment that you experienced and look forward to meeting you on the occasion of your next visit.

Please feel free to reach out to me in the future if you need any assistance.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Nice hotel, great location and breakfast, also very nice service.

The only thing a bit uncomfortable was the A/C in the room that is in front to the bed, then the following day I woke up with sore throat and cold. It was very hot day ( Saturday the 21st of June) then I didn't have any option rather have the A/C on.

Also the waiting time in the breakfast room on Sunday the 22nd of June, a bit longer, even when they had some tables available. The receptionist in the breakfast room, a bit slow!!

But in general, very nice hotel!

Room Tip: Make sure the A/C is not in front to the bed
2  Thank MARCELA M

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I have taken on board your comments in regards to the air-conditioning as well as our Homage receptionist and this has been discussed with the relevant departmental heads to look into and investigate. I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention as we continuously try to improve our service standards were and when needed.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stay in about 30+ Hilton properties every year; this hotel ranks in the top five Hilton properties we have ever stayed at. The location cannot be beaten. If it a five minute walk to Covent Garden, maybe eight to Trafalgar Square, and a ten minute walk to the south bank over Waterloo Bridge. We usually visit London about once a year, sometimes more, and have been staying here exclusively for the last five years. The Executive Lounge is excellent. The staff are all very courteous. The rooms are very quiet.

Room Tip: Some of the "Executive Floor" rooms are very modern and minimalist ... complete with frost...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim G
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear guest,

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand as well as for The Waldorf Hilton.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward meeting you upon the occasion of your next visit.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The check in was flawless and took a short time to have our room allocated, the room was spotless and large with everything you could wish for. beds were very comfortable and a great sleep after an exhausting day walking around London. Breakfast the next morning was excellent and afternoon tea was very good. Would certainly recommend to all,staff made our stay very good and really looked after us.

1  Thank Ray069

Dear guest,

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I am glad to learn you enjoyed our afternoon tea as well as our breakfast items and services and we are very much looking forward welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit with us.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Booked this hotel because of the Hilton Brand to treat myself. Booked a suite also.. The room had no air conditioning for more than half my stay. The front desk did not answer the phone when i called many times. So disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review through Tripadvisor related to your previous visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

We greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service.

I was really concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry you were very disappointed. We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel against Hilton's high service and quality standards. I am glad that I was able to contact you personally in regards to your recent stay with us here at the Waldorf Hilton and I hope that this was satisfactory.

If I may be of any further assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out to me.