“Awful ”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #339 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

By far the worst hotel I have ever had the displeasure of staying at .
We booked and paid for a "executive luxury double room" - this was far from how I would describe it!!
We were given a room (705) on the 7th floor , obviously the forgotten floor , even carpets leading to our room were filthy !
On entering the room (we were expecting something nice for £370 a night!) we were greeted with the stench of cigarette smoke ??? The bedding was filthy , thick black dirt all around the valence , the bathroom looked like it had never been cleaned ( we have photos of all of this) , windows wouldn't close , air con didn't work , the list is endless !
Called room service this morning for 2 coffees , a further 2 calls and 45 mins later they arrive - no apology - nothing!!
So then we ventured to breakfast , cold scrambled eggs , undercooked sausages and something that once could've resembled bacon ! What a disappointment . First and last visit to this hotel . Avoid at all costs .

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jo C
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review through Tripadvisor.

I have contacted you by sending a message to your profile as I would gladly get in touch with you regarding your recent stay here at the Waldorf Hilton.

Please feel free to contact me via eline.christiaanse@hilton.com or via phone number: +44 (0) 207 759 4255.

I am looking forward hearing from you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Eline C.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,479)

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located for the theatres and Covent Gardens. The staff are friendly and helpful. I left my chequebook and they were brilliant and helpful in getting it back to me. Rooms are good size, clean and nicely decorated.

• Stayed: February 2014
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Mfennon,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor, your feedback is invaluable.

We were delighted to read your review and your comments about our staff which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. I was glad to read you enjoyed our location and you where happy with the room you had booked with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to London.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have to be honest and admit I am basing this on the executive rooms but you get what you pay for. Room was good, service was good and the general demeanor of the hotel was good. Location is perfect for so many places, Theatres, Covent Garden, the Strand et al. Lots of good restaurants just up the road near Covent Garden. Will definitely use this hotel again when in London in 2 weeks time.

Dear TrevB56,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I was glad to read that you took great advantage of our location and that you will be visiting our hotel in the near future.

If I can be of assistance regarding a reservation in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the Waldorf Hilton.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

stayed in king hilton suite. furnitureand room very tired and not as per website.pool doesn't open early at weekends. bar service very slow .1/2 hour for 1 drink. location good, but staff could do with more training.weren't greeted as hilton honours guest and requested upgrade was not given

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank James B

Dear Mr. James B,

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to share your review through Tripadvisor related to your previous visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

We greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service.

I was really concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry you were disappointed. I noticed from your comments that you stayed in one of our suites and I am sorry to learn that this was not up to what you expected.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel against Hilton's high service and quality standards. I would like to learn more about your stay as it will enable us to continually improve, exceed quality standards, and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of the world’s travellers. Please contact me via email eline.christiaanse@hilton.com or by telephone +44 (0) 207 759 4255.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

I look forward to hear from you in the near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

thoroughly enjoyed the hotel - great room (traded up with hilton gold card) - nice staff. lounge pleasant (loads of american tourists). everything as expected - worth staying here as loaction is good for theatreland and good value.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Essexreviewer1958,

We were delighted to read your review about the hotel and that you were satisfied with our services and facilities.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was our second stay at the Waldorf and again it cannot be faulted. The hotel is in an excellent location for exploring the sights and also for the theatres and night life. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant on two occasions during our stay and the food was delicious and very well presented. The rooms are very luxurious and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Request a 'non smoking' room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sjors2012,

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

We were delighted to read your review and your comments about the staff goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your meals in our restaurant and rest assured that your comments will be shared.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Lovely hotel ,fantastic staff,great location but little sleep due to noise all night possibly from a lift??High levels of customer service but food & drink prices reflect the description of iconic London hotel -£24.80 for 1 x Bacardi & Coke ,& 1 x Vodka & Tonic !!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Gary A,

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. I was sadened to read that you were not able to sleep well, would you be able to let me know in which room you where staying so I can look into this? I also would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.