“Overrated”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #329 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in many Hilton's and I expected a lot more from a 5 star Hilton in central London. Wifi is not complimentary even for Hilton honors while this is standard in all Hiltons in the USA. I was appalled that they don't offer complimentary phones for calling locally. Apparently, you can call, but it will cost you £3.75 a minute!!! Rooms are small and working those funky lights is like rocket science. The bathroom sink doesn't drain well and the towels are beat up! I was so turned off by this hotel, I didn't bother checking their other facilities. Pointer: one of the doormen jumped on me while I was walking in asking if I needed something. I guess they are not used to my kind staying at this overrated joint. Of course I ignored him and headed straight to the lift. I won't waste my money or precocious Hilton points at this place again. Checking out tomorrow and going to a Marriott hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
YOTO2013, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

I would like first to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Waldorf Hilton London.
I regret to learn from your feedback that we had no chance to change your perception of our services during your previous stay with us. We are always keen to receive our guest’s feedback and acquire efforts to find a suitable solution for shortfalls if possible upon spot of those.

I'm also sorry to learn of your disappointment with regards to our telephone charges. We do continually benchmark our prices with our competitor hotels to ensure we remain competitive.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Waldorf Hilton London.

There are newer reviews for The Waldorf Hilton London

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed 22/11/13 for 2 nights, staff friendly and helpful, hotel clean, we stayed in 639 as soon as we opened the door the wow factor kicked in, breakfast lovely and the executive lounge amazing, food good and free drink - get in there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
YOTO2013, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

I would like first to thank you for taking to write a TripAdvisor review related to your recent visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to hear from your feedback, we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guest and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with our team.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed the one night-- our Queen Room was very clean,well appointed,smallish but was very comfortable. Good clean bathroom with a very good shower and fluffy towels!
The other Guests an our floor were NOT noisy,which makes a change !!! so there were no slamming doors and people talking with loud voices in the corridor, so we got a very good nights sleep ! The Breakfast in the morning was very good.There was an excellent choice of food and our pots of tea were piping hot!The Staff were very helpful,efficient and pleasant.
The Concierge Desk were also very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like first to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and that you had a good night sleep at our Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This hotel is making real improvements in it's appearance and facilities - within the confines of the listed building and antique nature of the building. The afternoon tea is particularly enjoyable with delicious herbal tisane and standard teas, and a host of delicious sandwiches, pastries and cakes served in delightful surroundings on china and silver , with the accompaniment of live background music. Theatre next door too!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am delighted to hear from your feedback that you were pleased with our services and facilities. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with our Food & Beverage team and our Executive Chef Mr. Johan Rox.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to our Hotel.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I keep coming back to this hotel each time I am in London. The rooms are small but comfortable. modern and very clean. Breakfast is a real feast every morning and if you upgrade to the executive level the lounge is a real treat. And on top of all is the great location: all the main attractions are within walking disatnce. Covent Garden is simply around the corner with all the surrounding theatres, restaurant and other activities.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the execuitive level
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our Hotel and your feedback is invaluable.

We were delighted to read your review and your comments goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team and rest assured your comments will be shared.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to the area.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night recently. We were going to see a nearby show ('Once'- fab, but that's a different review!), and it's location was superb for Theatreland.

It's close to everything you could need, so location is a big tick.

The room was small but big enough for us- nice furnishings and colour shades, great lights (including a nice night light which was built into the wall) and overall very pleasing.

Only thing I would negatively comment on is the expensive wifi- I'd expect it as complimentary in a hotel of this stature, but I guess Hilton have to reward their Gold members somehow (they get free wifi) to make them feel it's worth it.

Overall very nice. We even left our phone chargers when we left, like idiots. It was no problem, a quick phone call later, they quickly located them and sent them registered post back to us for no cost. This was a welcome touch, good job Waldorf :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

All guest feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were pleased with our services and that our Lost & Found team were able to recovered your phone charger; however, I'm sorry to learn of your disappointment with regards to not having a free Wireless connectivity in our rooms to all our guest, due to our HHonors Loyalty Hiltonworldwide program benefits. That aside, I'm happy to say that we do offer free WIFI in our public and lobby areas of our Hotel.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London Hotel.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was privileged to attend an Annual Dinner held last week at the Waldorf Hilton in London in the Palm Court and Adelphi Suite. The ambience in the Palm Court is very grand, and as this was a black tie occasion, everybody looked fabulous. The mirrored walls reflect the opulence and sense of occasion whilst people circulate to network before dinner is served. Once the master of ceremonies invites us to proceed into the Adelphi dining suite, there is great excitement to meet fellow guests and see who is sitting at your table and those close by.
The menu this year was excellent from start to finish, and compliments to the organisers and of course the chef. If you are thinking of arranging a dinner function for 250 plus guests, this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Not applicable as I was not a resident on this occasion.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

I am delighted to hear from your feedback that you were pleased with our services and facilities and your comments goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team and rest assured your comments will be shared with our Conference & Events team and our Executive Chef Mr. Johan Rox.