“Really enjoyed our stay”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #339 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Really enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed for a week in October 2013, room 539.

Hotel staff were great. We had some special perks due to Elite status, and really enjoyed the daily free breakfast, tea and snacks in the afternoon. It curbs the appetite enough to really get you through your days without impacting your food budget! More money for nice evenings out. :)

It's location is just a jaunt to the best of shops in Covent Gardens, if you are there on the right days you can even stumble into the maze of shops at the Jubilee Market. Tube is close as well.

Great bedding, towels and a lovely towel warmer.

Concierge was more than happy to arrange for an early morning cab (3am), and were essential in getting me to where I needed to be on time. They were much more familiar with the bookings I had made than I was. Front desk was super accommodating, and housekeeping took great care of us. I have zero complaints and would stay here in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself.

Room Tip: 539 was perfect for 3 people.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Ben D, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Emily W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Ben Deane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (793)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Waldorf Hilton is a very good Hilton property in central London that is good for business travelers and couples. They have very nice rooms with tasteful decoration and the hotel's staff are well trained and helpful. The Hilton Honors Lounge is very nice and a special amenity. Very good breakfast, free newspapers and great coffee. The staff was quite friendly and helpful in every respect. Though I didn't score an upgrade I did get one of the larger standard rooms with a spacious bathroom and raised seating area in front of the windows. There are no views, but the newly renovated rooms are very handsome and well equipped. This is the nicest Hilton I've stayed at in the UK. My only complaint was the very standard and boring toiletries items. Thought the bathroom felt luxury, but the by now very familiar Peter Thomas Roth stuff didn't inspire me to raid the maid's cart.

Though its a ten minute walk to the tube, but the hotel is server by dozens of major bus lines. London bus service is great and it was convenient to walk out the front door and jump on a bus to nearly any destination.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank duchamp_98
Dear DuChamp_98,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Waldorf Hilton on TripAdvisor. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location allowed you to have a great time in London. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Estero, Florida
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My stay at the Waldorf Hilton was exactly what I expected it would be. The service was excellent at every turn. Drinks at Good Godfrey's were fantastic. The lobby and rooms were comfortable, clean and well equipped. And the location was great - we could walk to all the major sites of London comfortably. It didn't have the most "wow" factor of all my European hotels, but it was definitely a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank happycj24
Dear HappyJackman,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Waldorf Hilton on Trip Advisor. I am always happy to read reviews from guests that have enjoyed their experience at our hotel and hope that you will be returning very soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I stay here for business. It's a great place that is very good for the UK. It's close to the theaters, good restaurants, and Covington Garden.

Staff are nice and rooms are clean and newer. The bed is too hard but the front desk will fix it for you if you ask.

Cheers

Stayed October 2013
Dear PaulSMi,

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here after visiting a seminar for my business
It's location is superb close to all the theatres
We saw we will rock you at the dominion theatre and it was only a ten min ( safe ) walk from the Waldorf
Staff were excellent
Upgrade was perfect I could not have wanted anything better than great hotel ,superb company and great settings to explore. Ok it's a Hilton you expect quality well the Waldorf lived up to my expectations

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Steve T,

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Lovely rooms and very good service. Afternoon tea was perfect on our arrival day. Staff in the bar and lounges were attentive and very helpful. Not the cheapest hotel in the world but you do get what you pay for ;) would definitely recommend this hotel to theatre goers. Very close to the action!

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank GeoffDeGeoff
Dear GeoffDeGeoff,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor and for enjoying Afternoon Tea with us. I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage Manager who was very happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us.

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 30, 2013

A recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton is London was a real disappointment. I mainly stay there because I am a Hilton Diamond Club member and expect a certain level of service.

The trouble begin when a week before my trip I had to reduce my stay from four nights to three. They promptly charged me $50 pounds per night more! Of course, had I left one day early they never could have gotten away with that. Then when I arrived, I asked for an upgrade to a Junior Suite. The surly woman at the Friont Desk never even looked at the computer and told me their were none available. I found this somewhat ironic since literally 18 hours earlier I had received an email from Hilton trying to sell me (among other things) a Junior Suite!. I then asked the same surly woman for change and she said "we don't have any" as if I was asking for something insane.

Finally, at check out I literally had to fight with an extremelu unpleasant man to get a 2 P.M. check out.

This is the way Diamond Club members are treated at the Waldorf Hilton.

My advice to fellow travelers is to spend 10% more and stay at the Covent Garden Holel where they treat you like royalty (and the location is just as good!!)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Coducer,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Waldorf Hilton. I was disappointed to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations and that you felt that you did not receive our usual standard of service.

I hope that you give us the opportunity to show you that we are able to provide the exceptional service you expected and should have received during your stay with us.