“Not Bad at All!”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #331 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A lovely theatre visit to London and stayed at the Waldorf. Not quite as homely as The Savoy and the bar was not that welcoming to have a drink in so we went out. Breakfast was really lovely but there are a few nice cafe's just outside the hotel that I think were probably better priced. Overall, a nice room and good value for the price but I'm afraid I'm a bit of a Savoy lover with Claridges coming a very close second. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon D
Nader N, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with other travellers on TripAdvisor.
I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us, although you mentioned you will prefer other hotels in the area but if you ever wish to stay at the Waldorf please let me know.

There are newer reviews for The Waldorf Hilton London

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We visited on a Saturday afternoon and I had booked it as part of my husband's 40th birthday celebrations on our weekend away in London. The hotel itself was very nice, we were placed out in the sort of open palladium bit, which was okay, but I felt the atmosphere might have been better in the Homage room itself. We were dissapointed by the service we received, I am not sure if our waiter was new to the role. He was friendly, but after our food arrived, no-one asked how it was, checked our tea or even poured it for us (thinking this should be a part of the whole experience?). I had to ask twice for more tea to another waitress who said our waiter would be with us which I felt we shouldn't have had to.There was no acknowledgement that it was my husband's birthday which I had state On the positive side the food was very nice, just a shame the service wasn't up to standard.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BoffyBriggs

Dear valued guest,

Please accept my apologies for the shortfall from the restaurant, we are very famous for our Afternoon Tea, however it seems we have failed to deliver our standard service in your case.
Please contact me directly when you are planning to visit us again so I can personally look after you to make sure you have an amazing experience with us.
Please extend my apologies to your other half and wish him a very belated happy birthday.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Waldorf Hilton. Sadly it fell well below my expectations. The room was small, with no drawer space for clothes, other than above the hanging cupboard. The air con didn't work when we arrived, so i asked for it to be sorted. A very helpful man arrived, and tried to sort it. Eventually he said it was fixed, but I'm afraid I couldn't feel any difference in the air flow from the unit at all. There was no pricelist in the mini bar and no room service breakfast list to be put on the door. I asked for both of these, which were delivered quite promplty. The breakfast menu had clearly been photocopied quickly, using a spare piece of paper - there was printing from something unrelated on the back, and 2 small holes had been punched in the top - never going to be useful for hanging it on the door. When breakfast arrived next morning, the waitress sadly dropped some of the contents off the tray - sausage eggs beans mushrooms etc all over the floor, the chair and my husband's shoes! She scraped the worst back onto the plate, and disappeared, promising to return with a replacement, and that cleaners would attend to deal with the mess. The replacement breakfast arrived; the cleaners didn't, so we cleaned up the mess. We did see the funny side, and accidents happen. We certainly didn't want to get the waitress into trouble, so didn't complain - maybe we should have.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear valued guest,

I am saddened to read your review, please accept my apologies for the shortfall in various areas such as Housekeeping and Room service. Rest assured that I will pass your concerns to the relevant Managers for remedial actions.
Please let me know when you are planning to visit us so I can personally look after you during your stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The staff were professional and friendly and couteous.
The room was quiet clean and well serviced. walking distance to many theatres good eating places . @ minutes walk to that great west end show TOP HAT dont miss this!!
The breakfasts in the grand dining room were super excellent really upscale wonderful service selection a real WOW!!!
The cocktails in the bar are awesome i had the best classical NEGRONI I have ever had and I let the bar man know VERY VERY GOOD.
We stayed 2 nights in early May 2013 just before going down to South hampton to connect with Queen Victoria

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leonard4979

Dear valued guest,

I am delighted to read your review, thank you for your feedback about our Bar Manager, Nelson, who is really passionate about his job. I will make sure he gets rewarded for his professionalism and amazing service.
Also you complemented our breakfast options; I would happily share your feedback with my restaurant manager and the rest of his team.
I hope to have another chance to welcome you back to the Waldorf in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed overnight in a Suite and were pleasantly surprised by the decor and size of room. Our stay including using the Club Lounge was exceptional, that is until we stepped into the swimming pool (part of LA Fitness) If it was a public, council run pool it would have been closed down. My husband and I got in for 5 minute and then I could bare to look at the crack and dirt around the pool anymore so we left. A real shame as the hotel, staff and food were exceptional but every time I remember our stay I think of that swimming pool!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nader N, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear valued guest,

I am delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and also our staff members were friendly and professional during your stay.
Please note that LA fitness is not managed by us and it is managed by LA fitness group, this information is published in our website. I would like to apologise on their behalf for the lack of cleanliness and I will definitely pass your concerns to their management for remedial actions.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

With one night in London the Waldorf provided a fantastic location to theatres and the excellence of the staff and accommodation made this an outstanding experience. One felt very welcome to the hotel and all staff showed a smile and willingness to help us.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank murray950
Nader N, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear valued guest,

I am extremely pleased to see your review, we are all striving on a daily basis to deliver personalised service.
I will happily share your feedback with all of my colleagues who will appreciate your comments.
Please let us know when you are planning to visit us again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I LOVE this hotel, everything about it. I LOVE the location, GREAT neighborhood, I LOVE the level of service you get, there is always someone at the front door to greet you and help you, and not just your average doorman. I LOVE that it's not some massive hotel, it has a smaller cozier , classic elegant feel. The rooms range from being modern to being older and classic, they aren't large, but they are very comfortable. The breakfast is great. The people are great, and I will mention it again, I LOVE the neighborhood, plenty of restaurants, bars, theaters, shopping etc.
I am in London frequently for business and when I can get a good rate, this is ALWAYS my first choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hrtlgt1

Dear valued guest,

I am delighted to learn about your stay, this is perhaps the best reward we can get, to see that our effort has paid off by exceeding our valuable guest’s expectations.
Please let me know when you are planning to visit us so we can recreate this memory.