“Housekeeping issues”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Stockholm, Sweden
“Housekeeping issues”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

A great location in the middle of theater district. This is a good Hotel but not a five star, rather a 4+. As a Diamond HH member, I usually get an early checkin. Counting I will get it here too, I was surpised to be directed to the lounge and had to wait there until 3.30 pm until the room was ready. There seem to be an issue with housekeeping. The rooms are by London standard big and all the amenities you can expect was there. The hotel is a little old and the design elements are of a mixed characted. Efficient chechin/checkout and helpful staff.

1 Thank tad_10
Sandra G, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for such lovely comments. All our team is working very hard and warm words like these are the best gift we can ever get.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delayed access to your room. We constantly strive to improve and our Housekeeping team is working very hard towards it.
We will be looking forward welcoming you back in the nearest future. I will personally ensure we have your room ready for your arrival.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (799)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed one night at the Waldorf. Arrived at 2.50pm. Receptionist said that room not ready but would be by 3pm. We were taken to the executive suite, and found other people also waiting for their rooms! In all about 40 minutes wait. This doesn't seem a lot but their terms and conditions clearly state check in will be by 3pm. When we pursued this we were told that they had had unexpected late check outs. That may be the case but the knock on effect is late check ins!!!! Apart from that a very nice stay to a high standard. However, when paying their prices you expect everything to be perfect. Also our toilet seat (room528) was very flimsy - akin to one from B and Q only a small point but I expected better!!!!!

Room Tip: Always get a room overlooking the aldwych on a high floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patricia S S
Dear Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable comments following your recent stay at the Waldorf Hilton.

We apologise for the shortfalls in service you experienced and we thank you for bringing these to our attention. I strongly believe that these issues you have rightfully mentioned are the exception rather than the rule however we recognise the need for improvement. Please rest assured that our Front of House management team is taking immediate actions following your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Waldorf Hilton hotel in the near future and in the mean time if I can be of further assistance, please do contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed 1 night for my wife's Birthday and found the whole experience fantastic. We used out HHonors points and upgraded to an executive suite which was well worth it. All the staff we meet were great and very helpful.

The location of the hotel is great near many theatres and Covent Garden.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel.
All of us here at the Waldorf Hilton take great pride in making our guests feel special and welcomed.
I hope that you will visit us in a near future and that I would be able to personally welcome you back.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My family visited the hotel for afternoon tea on 20th February but it proved to be a huge disappointment. The service was almost non-existant; there was a very long wait from being shown to a table until being provided with a menu and when the tea came we were totally ignored for the rest of the afternoon, to the extent that we couldn't even get the bill when we had finished. The food comprised some reasonable sandwiches, small scones and tiny cakes and although the selection of teas to drink was very good my wife and I had to share one pot (as opposed to the individual pots the other guests received) as we had both ordered the same type of tea. We would have queried this but we were unable to get hold of anyone to talk to. The final insult came when we did finally pay the bill and found we had paid a 12.5% service charge - you get better service at fast food chains. This was by far the worst afternoon tea I have experienced in London and would recommended leaving it well alone.

1 Thank Michael B
Dear Michael,

We were very saddened to hear of your Afternoon Tea experience which usually we are very proud of. Please rest assured that our management team is following it up to make sure that similar experiences do not happen again.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback that helps us to monitor and improve our standards. Please do contact me directly for your future reservations so I could make sure you have seamless experience.

Kind regards,

Maidstone
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Spent two nights at the Waldorf Hilton in February 2013. After arriving and them not having information about my reservation it did not get of to a great start. The room was very small (what do you expect for £230! a night) and there was no additional bed for our son. Quite how they got the additional bed in the room was a miracle.

The location was superb as we were going to see 'Shrek the Musical' and the staff were on the whole very pleasant and helpful.

Breakfast was pricey at £22 a head. This felt worse when it was an additional £8 to order something from the menu. However, the room was beautiful.

I guess my review is tainted as I expected true 5* and I guess in the main you are paying for the location.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback following your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton. All our team was pleased to look after you and was very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused due to unforeseen circumstances with your reservation. We are working closely with our Reservation department to ensure situations like that do not repeat again.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Celebrating our wedding anniversary we looked for somewhere special. Being fortunate enought to have accrued enough Hilton Honors points we decided to stay at one of Hilton's luxury 5 star hotels.

I should say that the location is superb. The Aldwych is in the Covent Garden area and surrounded by great restaurants, shops and theatres. The hotel's exterior, flanked by 2 theatres is very impressive. Once through the door (no doorman in site) we carried our bags into the small lobby. The bar area had a lovely live pianist but was somewhat overshadowed by being full of people sat with their luggage presumably awaiting transport.

The welcome from the desk could not have been warmer and although our room was not ready we were assured our bags could be left with the concierge who would ensure they were in our room (they were). We were also promised a complimentary bottle of mineral water (which did not arrive).

The room was nicely designed if a little small.

Our general view was that we enjoyed ourselves, loved the location but could not really understand why it was a 5* hotel having stayed in more luxuriously appointed 4* hotels. Stay here if you get a deal but not worth the rack rate

1 Thank Gary S
Dear Gary,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and service we that provide.
We are not perfect as yet, but we strive to be. And only with the help of our guests’ feedback we are able to do that.
I hope that you and your family will visit us in a near future and that I would be able to personally welcome you back.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is ideally situated for visiting London's theatreland. Drury Lane is only a step away and Covent Garden 3 mins walk. It is a central London hotel; so the rooms are adequate size and the prices comensurate.
Our room was big enough for our short stay, clean and at the back of the hotel so a bit quieter. We didn't eat in the hotel but there are loads of nice restaurants and cafes really close so it easy to find a reasonably priced breakfast close by. We did have a cocktail (once I had applied for a new mortgage!) and it was very nice.
Principally, I think that for British visitors this hotel is an ideal dormitory for visiting a show and everything you need other than a nice bedroom and descent bath/shower room is very close by.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased you are choosing our hotel for your visits to London.
Please do contact me directly when making your next reservation so I could ensure you have seamless experience.