“Afternoon Tea”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #329 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely afternoon for my daughters 16th birthday.
Wonderful atmosphere with a pianist playing in the corner. Good service,relaxed and welcoming and a yummy tea served with Champagne or Orange juice.
Would highly recommend :)

Room Tip: Got a good deal on Travelzoo
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Sandra G, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience.
It was such a pleasure to hear that you were looked after by my colleagues in a restaurant for such special occasion.
We hope to see you back again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance.

There are newer reviews for The Waldorf Hilton London

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights last summer.This hotel is in a PERFECT location. walking distance to Covent Garden and Trafalgar square, and close to lots of theaters and things. Rooms were nice but could use more decor. The lobby and breakfast areas were beautiful though! Great executive lounge and service. Beautiful hotel overall.
I would definitely recommend, especially for the location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for such lovely comments. All our team is working very hard and warm words like these are the best gift we can ever get.
We will be looking forward welcoming you back for your honeymoon. Please contact me directly for any future assistance.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had an overnight stay at the Waldorf as we were visiting a nearby theatre. What a disappointment. The room was extremely small and cramped to the point that the bed was against a wall meaning one of us couldn't get in or out of bed without climbing over the other.
The room was also very tired and more worryingly dirty. Two of the pillows were dirty, When we went out for the evening we pointed this out at reception where they were very apologetic and even offered us a complimentary bottle of wine, when we returned not surprisingly the pillows still hadn't been changed and certainly no sign of any wine.
I know this is central London but the £200+ price was way above the service standards offered, a premier inn offers better value and service,
Certainly not worthy of a repeat stay

Dear James,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with other customers.
We very saddened to hear of your experience. Please rest assured that our housekeeping team is checking every room twice before it is given to our guests and we sincerely apologise that some housekeeping issues occurred on this occasion. We will follow it up with our Executive Housekeeper immediately.
Once again I would like to thank you for such valuable feedback that helps us to monitor and improve our standards. I would like to personally welcome you back to our hotel.

Please do contact me directly for your future reservations so I could make sure a newly refurbished room is allocated for you and that you have seamless experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Upon arrival nobody offered to help with our luggage, the lift ip to our room was bizzare as for every 2 floors it went up it would go one down. We stayed in a standard smoking room on the 7th Floor and it was in desperate need of refurbishment. We went down to reception to ask if we could pay extra to upgrade to a better room and were told the hotel was full so we couldn't. I have stayed in much better 4* hotels than this.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Trixie_trips

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable comments following your recent stay at the Waldorf Hilton.

We apologise for the shortfalls in service you experienced and we thank you for bringing these to our attention. I strongly believe that these issues you have rightfully mentioned are the exception rather than the rule however we recognise the need for improvement. Please rest assured that our Front of House management team is taking immediate actions following your comments.
In addition I am pleased to advise we are refurbishing our hotel bit by bit and it would be my pleasure to ensure you have a newly refurbished room for your next stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Waldorf Hilton hotel in the near future and in the mean time if I can be of further assistance, please do contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed here for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. We were upgraded to an executive room, which was spacious, extremely comfortable and beautifully furnished. The bathroom was large and immaculate, with a fabulous shower. Breakfast in the dining room was delicious and a great experience. We also had access to the Executive Lounge, with all the usual benefits - breakfast, snacks at lunchtime and in the evening, afternoon tea etc. all freely available, and of course free alcohol in the evening. This lounge is very comfortable - in fact it's one of the nicest Exec. Lounges we've ever used. The staff throughout the hotel could not have been nicer or more helpful - a real credit to the Hilton organisation.

1  Thank FlossieS
Nader N, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback following your recent stay at the Waldorf Hilton.
I am thrilled to read your comments and indeed our staff are all credit to our hotel, most of them have been with us for few years and they are all dedicated to their role in order to deliver exceptional service.
Our Executive Lounge is perhaps one of the best in UK as we have recently refurbished it. We have had so many positive feedbacks about our Executive Lounge and I am pleased that you find it relaxing and comfortable.
Once again, thank you for your kind feedback and hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I bought a voucher from Travelzoo, for afternoon tea for two with a champagne cocktail for two people. So my partner and I decided to redeem our offer last Sunday. Our booking was for 3:30pm and we weren’t seated till 4:15. As soon as we got there we weren’t given the cocktail menu, instead we were asked what fruit we liked. We opted for strawberry. We were bought a strawberry coloured fizzy drink which tasted vile! Then we were given the tea menu which was very limited, only four choices. We asked about a few of them and the waitress didn’t have a clue so we opted for the English as it seemed as the safest option! We were then bought our whole tier with four different sandwiches (egg and mayo, smoked salmon, cucumber and ham) two scones (raisin and plain) and four minuet pastries. I was a bit annoyed that they bought out the scones with the rest of the food, as they were getting colder and colder. The sandwiches were bland and stale. The scones were stone cold by the time we got to them. The jam served with the scones tasted like some cheap supermarket stuff. They gave tiny portions of clotted cream and jam so we had to ask for more and the waitress seemed annoyed that we asked for more. The little pastries were so so boring I wish I never bothered myself with the calories. We didn’t even get one each. Not once were we asked whether we wanted anything more. At 5:30 we were told to vacant the table as they had dinner service. I thought that was bang out of order seeing that we were seated 45 minutes late! Overall the afternoon tea here is poor, food is rubbish and I would suggest spending your money elsewhere. The service is canteen style (get them in and out), no personal touches at all. Take my advice and avoid!

1  Thank Saintlysinner

Dear valued guest,

I stunned to see your feedback about our afternoon tea, please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall in the service. We are famed for having one of the best afternoon teas in London and I will definitely share your feedback with our Food and Beverage Director who will seek for remedial actions to rectify the shortfall in the service.
Please contact me directly in regards to the future bookings as I would like to discuss this matter further with you and get more insight.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Second theatre stay at The Waldorf which continues to be a magnificent 5 star hotel.

At check-in we were asked what sort of roo we wanted, so just said quiet with double bed and had a lovely room on 6th floor overlooking Tavistock Street, home of the lovely COTE bistro (see review).

Breakfast as ever is wonderful here, ask to be seated in the big lounge you are not directed to a tabkle in there.

Outstanding service and if we go to London I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Booked through Hotels.com who were excellent and had great value.

Room Tip: Go as high up as possible rear of the hotel
1  Thank Mike_Edwards1950

Dear valued guest,

I am delighted to learn about your stay and I will share your comments with our reception team who will be pleased to see your feedback.
Please let us know when you are returning back to us.
Once again thank you for your feedback which helps us monitor and improve our service.