First of all the hotel is in a fantastic central location, smack bang in the middle of London and a short distance from the entertainment district and tube station.
We booked a standard guest room at The Waldorf Hilton in London for a weekend theatre break. First impressions were very good, we were met by concierge who took our bags from us. The check in was very quick and the staff at reception were very polite, asking if there was anything they could do to make our stay more comfortable.
We proceeded to our room and although clean and tidy it just didn't have the wow factor expected of a 5* hotel when we walked in. I expected more from what we paid per night.
Don't get me wrong it was nice but the room felt tired and old, the bathroom was OK but you could see in parts that it was crumbling away. We stayed in a courtyard side room which was a little noisy at night due to air conditioning. Maybe in a refurbishment they could improve the windows to cancel out background noise, not a great problem as I went to sleep quite quick.
In the morning, we went to breakfast which I must say was fantastic! After a small wait, you are taken to your table by a member of staff in a elegant old ball room fitting for a 5*. The waiters were very polite and promptly bought refreshments. A great selection of either quality hot or cold food.
Overall, a enjoyable stay with great service. Would I stay again, yes, but I would probably look to upgrade my room next time to a Deluxe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waldorf Hilton has one of the chicest addresses in town bridging the West End and the Square Mile to provide an excellent base for access to the City by day and the cultural delights of Covent Garden by night. Homage Restaurant pays tribute to the grand cafes of Europe, incorporating Good Godfrey's Bar and Lounge and the famous Palm Court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waldorf Hilton London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waldorf Hilton Hotel London
- Hilton Hotel London
- Hilton Hotel Waldorf
- Hilton London Waldorf
- London Hilton
- Waldorf Hotel London
- Waldorf Hilton London
- The Waldorf Hilton London England