The Waldorf Hilton London
galahotels.com
$288
$279
4,658 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecovent gardenafternoon teahomage restaurantthe theater districtdiamond membertheatre landwest endan upgradejunior suitetrafalgar squarestandard roomlovely roomfantastic locationstayed for one nightaldwychconcierge
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I booked the Waldorf as a special treat for my mum as she had been invited by Their Royal Highnesses the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall to a reception at St James's Palace in recognition of the voluntary work she does.
The staff and hotel did not disappoint........ I booked us an Executive Room with access to the Executive Lounge as a special treat and as she had not stayed in this type of accomodation before was absolutely delighted.
The room was very spacious and contemporary in design and the staff in the Executive Lounge were very accomodating yet discreet.
We ate in the Homage Grand Salon Restaurant which was a beautiful room and the food was very very good. We had the set menu (£25.00 for 3 course and a glass of sparkling wine) which was exceptional value for money.
It is true what they say....... "It is the staff that make a hotel special" and the staff certainly made my mum feel special on very special occasion!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mini66NorthofEngland
Nader N, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Waldorf Hilton.
I am sure you had a great time with Royal Highness and Duchess of Cornwall!
I would be more than happy to share your lovely comments about our staff; they have a immense role in making the Waldorf special indeed.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards,

Nader Neishabouri

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We decided to stay here because we had a dinner to go to nearby. When we arrived I had to search out someone to park the car, they were excellent.

What a mess in the lobby, it is dark and dingy. I was horrified when I saw the queue for checking but this soon thinned out.

The room, we had a suite on the fifth floor, it was spacious and airy but they were the good points. It was a soulless room. It did have an extra visitors toilet but this was something that could have been in a school changing room.

This is a tired hotel and urgently needs some loving attention.

It is very difficult when booking to find a standard. Do you go for the Savoy, with mind boggling prices, or go for somewhere like the Waldorf which badly needs an upgrade?

Customer service is so important, at the Waldorf they didn't seem to bother.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SJPape
Sandra G, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear valued guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments with other travellers about our hotel following your recent stay with us.
I have shared them with our concierge team and everyone was very pleased to hear they provided excellent customer service.
Regarding your comments about the refurbishment, I am very pleased to advise we will be refurbishing a part of our hotel this winter. Very proudly we will be offering newly refurbished rooms to our guests for seamless experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Waldorf Hilton hotel in the near future and in the mean time if I can be of further assistance, please do contact me directly.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have stayed at the Waldorf for nights every year at this time of year for the past 4 years. I was lucky enough to stay the previous weekend at Hilton Park Lane so I can make some current direct comparisons
Arrival limited concerge service, they were short staffed and involved with valet parking. Reception was friendly and effcient, Room disappointing. We were at the front of the hotel and the secondary glazing glass was detached from the frame so I dare not touch it. We were on the second floor and heard the traffic all night. A part of the wardrobe woodwork was detached from the frame and laying against the wall. Room was a little tired and showing signs of wear and tear. There was only one bathrobe and I noticed the maid was next door so I asked her for a second bathrobe. She was Polish and had extremely limited english. By playing a game of charades I demonstrated that I wanted a bathrobe and then the light came on to which she said 'finished'. I called housekeeping who arrange for another one to be delivered within 10 minutes. The maid also arrived with one.
Next day we had no bath towels but again a call to housekeeping and within 10 minutes they had arrived. I should not have to call anyone to ask them to complete their tasks
Buffet breakfast on both days was warm to cold rather than hot. On both days I had to wait for one of the 'hot' dishes to be replenished meantime my other items on my plate were getting cold
Compared to the Hilton Park Lane The Waldorf is miles behind. Sorry but I will not be returning

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not in the front of the hotel. The other rooms either overlook the roof of the Palm Court, roof of other buildings or the quiet road at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank BillericayEngland

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable comments following your recent stay at the Waldorf Hilton.

We apologise for the shortfalls in service you experienced and we thank you for bringing these to our attention. I strongly believe that these issues you have rightfully mentioned are the exception rather than the rule however we recognise the need for improvement. Please rest assured that our management team is taking immediate actions following your comments.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Checked in to be advised that hotel overbooked and they would be asking me to downgrade to a standard room and accept wine, chocs, fruit and free wifi to make up for it.
Not acceptable. Sorted it with some quiet diplomacy!
Waldorf is brilliantly located in Theatre District close to Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, etc etc etc. Old worldly charm, and a little frayed at the edges in places. Staff, however, are friendly and helpful. Food good, & nice bar ambience if you can get in.
Room did not match those on the website in either style or appearance. No robes to get down to pool.
Being a Brit staying in London I was almost embarrassed by the hotel's failures which would no doubt be noticed by regular international travellers.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter cos they will probably change it when you get there!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Richard W

Dear Richard,

We were very saddened to hear of your experience in our hotel which usually we are very proud of. Please rest assured that our management team is following it up to make sure that similar experiences do not happen again.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback that helps us to monitor and improve our standards. Please do contact me directly for your future reservations so I could make sure you have seamless experience.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

From the moment I pulled up outside the Waldorf I realised I was in for a bad experience. I had a number of boxes with me and so asked for a trolley from the bellman. He said that because there was a 'step' into the entrance he couldn't bring a trolley. When I asked how wheelchair users were supposed to access this 'Luxury London Hotel' he then popped off right away and fetched a trolley.
Next I asked to have my car valet parked as I was in a hurry. I had checked online to see that this was offered. I was then told this was only available for residents and as I was not staying it was not possible. When I queried this he suggested I ask his boss if he could do it for me. His boss turned out to be the incredibly surly concierge. He is actually featured on the hotel's website in quite a different mood, but when I spoke to him he was very abrupt and dismissive refusing point blank it even listen to my explanation of why I really needed the hotels assistance in this matter.
The next nightmare revolved around tea and cake. My colleague had booked a table for me to entertain some guests ahead of an evening event and dinner for approximately 120 people with which I was involved. Once settled we were informed that we could not have cake in the room where we had been seated. After some 'discussion' we were moved to were afternoon tea was being served. We were asked there if we had reserved a table (the room was at least 2/3 empty). We explained we had reserved a table, but it had been reserved for us in the wrong room. The Host then informed us that they had stopped serving. It was EXACTLY 4pm! Following further 'discussion' she finally took pity on us and offered us the dessert menu and tea. We were extremely fed up at this point, and I was particularly embarrassed. One of my guests suggested that in a hotel this size one would think they could at least scare up a scone. To her credit the waitress did then produce some very nice scones with clotted cream and jam... all we had wanted in the first place!
The final nightmare was the 'dinner'. We were supposed to be served an 'American themed buffet' for which we were paying a very high 'per head' price. The meal (for those who managed to get anything) consisted of one canapé size burger a spoonful (that was the implement used to serve them... so literally a spoonful) of french fries, a couple of potato wedges, a spoonful of macaroni cheese and two chicken wings. How could any respectable London hotel possibly create such an unbalanced, flavourless and frankly vile combination of dishes? Unfortunately (or possibly not as it turned out) they had run out of food before my table was called to eat, although we certainly had fewer at the event than were meant to be catered for, as is always the case with these sorts of events. I was simply appalled by the miserable and demoralised staff, the dreadful organisation and the diabolical food. The hotel itself is beautiful. What a terrible shame it is being so badly managed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank CarolineDS

Dear Caroline,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience following your recent stay at the Waldorf Hilton.
First of all I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the level of service you have experienced. Please rest assured that this is not what we usually offer to our guests and we will definitely be following it up with the Food and Beverage manager.