“Attending a wedding”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Attending a wedding”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is not a normal review as we were staying in the hotel because our friends were getting married there. We had a standard queen room on the first floor, which was bright and modern, with a view over the glass roof at the bottom of the inner courtyard. Everything in the room was fine, although we are used to sleeping in a king-size bed, so the bed felt a little small. As part of the wedding package all the guests had a private breakfast together, the food was great, but as it was a private buffet we can't review the normal hotel breakfast. We also had a room service meal which was perfect, and delivered quickly.

We did have some issues though, but they are unlikely to affect normal hotel guests. Our allocated room was not available at the promised time, which did not impress us, so we had to insist on taking a different room as we could not wait because we needed time to unpack and change before the wedding. This move of rooms caused all sorts of problems, resulting in us being overcharged for our stay, and also meant we missed out on our slices of wedding cake, we hope whoever stayed in our originally-allocated room enjoyed their surprise cake! The overcharge took a while to get refunded, but was sorted out in the end, with many apologies.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nader N, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I hope you have enjoyed your wedding and your time with us at Waldorf Hilton, although you had some issues with the room allocation.
On the other hand I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our breakfast and our room features.
I do hope we have another chance to have you with us and perhaps you can have more time to use our hotel facilities.
Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Nader Neishabouri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

A wonderful birthday weekend . Arrived a little early but room quickly found.
Very comfortable bed. Suggest get a high floor if possible.
Daniel Hubbard was such a helpfully greeter and made sure everything was organised for us throughout the weekend.
The food in the restaurant was some of the best we've had in London hotel and we normally stay at the Savoy . The Yarg souffle is to die for. try the chicken with lobster ravioli.
Restaurant staff were not phased at increasing table from 2 to 5 on a Saturday evening at short notice and were so attentive throughout despite having a busy restaurant.
Service at breakfast was again of a very high standard
Usually checking out in London is a pain. Not here .Car arrived in 10 minutes ( takes 45 at the Savoy) Daniel had bags waiting.
Thoroughly recommend Waldorf as a great hotel and so convenient for the theatre.

Room Tip: Try second floor and above
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will gladly pass your kind feedback to Daniel and to our restaurant Manager who will praise the staff on duty.
I do hope to see you soon in the near future and if I can be any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Harpenden
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just stayed for one night, free with Hilton Honors including breakfast and an upgrade to a refurbished room because I am a gold member. What could be better than that? Nice room thohgh difficult to get the temperature right. Great bar where we managed to spend a lot but very relaxing. Staff were all friendly and professional. Breakfast buffet was good but to be honest I've had fresher food staying in a B&B. However as a freebie, it was a lovely stay.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will gladly pass your kind feedback to our Bar Manager who will appreciate your kindness.
Although I am stunned to hear that you did not find our breakfast buffet as good as you would expected, we are famed for having a variety of fresh food from cold to hot dishes.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for your constructive feedback, rest assured I will pass your concerns about the breakfast buffet to our Food and Beverage Manager.
Please let me know when you are planning to visit us again so I can personally look after you during your stay.
Ontario
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Not our normal style of hotel when visiting London but used the Hilton Points and can't say enough about this lovely hotel. We were upgraded to a premium queen room. Tons of space, beautifully clean and quiet (courtyard room). Best location ever! would highly recommend for business or pleasure!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Our Queen Deluxe pluses are all newly refurbished and they all have plenty of spaces for business or pleasure traveller. I appreciate your positive feedback and I hope we have another chance to have you with us.
Please let me know when you are planning to visit us again so I can personally look after you.
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Simlpy one of the best location for your business or leisure weekend in London. Waldorf is 5 min from covent garden and all musicals are around the corner. Rooms could be not so large but so far i go all the time upgrade so really satisfied about it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Stefano R
nottinghamshire
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have just returned from a 2 day stay at the Waldorf, from the concierge collecting our bags from the taxi to putting them back in on our departure we could not fault the hotel. it was extremely clean and the staff lovely. the breakfast was exceptional and plenty of variety. on leaving my husband left his glasses in the bedside table but upon calling the hotel they arrived by special delivery to our home the very next day - fantastic service.
if i had a down side i would say that the hotel drinks were extortionate - 4 glasses of wine £33.80!!
would definitely go back

1 Thank sharonsteve_10
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at 7 Hiltons during our Europe trip. This one was the most expensive and by far our least favorite.
Upon Check-in, as Gold Honors, I asked about upgrade. The woman at front desk answered in a brusque manner that none were available. When I then inquired about Executive lounge, I was told, (in the same manner) we would not have access because we were not Diamond.
Now, I understand this is hotel policy...however, it could have been explained in a polite and pleasant way. It was not.
The location of the hotel is great, right around from Covent Garden and close to theaters.
The room was just okay, for 508.35 USD per night.
Even though we are now Honors Diamond, we would not stay here again

Room Tip: We liked the Hilton Heathrow better...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple