“Very nice hotel”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #339 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Upon arrival at The Waldorf, we were welcomed by friendly and efficient staff. The reception area was stunning, beautiful chandeliers and marble everywhere, just as you would expect.

Our room was on the 6th floor and it was lovely. Clean, comfortable and well equipped. My only gripe was that the bathroom door was frosted glass which meant there was very little privacy in the bathroom...fine if you are with your spouse but even so I don't think a solid door is too much to ask?! Noise from the traffic was minute.

Bathrobes and slippers were provided but as we were only staying for one night we didn't need to use them. Unfortunately I didn't get to sleep for a while due to the room temperature (was very hot) but thankfully I was able to turn the air conditioning on and it soon cooled down.

Breakfast was fabulous, the best I've ever had and I've had a few breakfasts! There was a good variety of both continental and cooked breakfast and it was all delicious! I enjoyed smoked salmon, pain au chocolat as well as a selection of cooked bits and pieces.

Check out was easy, walking away was difficult! I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,479)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We recently stayed four nights, there was a problem with our room initially, but we were upgraded to a deluxe room which we could not fault. Bed was very comfortable, furnishings were stylish, bathroom large with oversized tub. Breakfast was amazing, in fact I shall say the best Hilton breakfast yet, and I've had a few. As diamond members we were able to access the executive lounge, this was very busy on the first evening and didn't appear to be large enough, also I found the seating to be uncomfortable there especially for a short person, and this is my only criticism. The hotel is ideally situated centrally, the nearest station being Covent Garden only five minutes walk.

2  Thank Lynn_186394
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Ok older hotel. Opened in 1907. My room was small, very small but nice. The staff was very professional. The location was excellent with a brisk walk - 20 minutes to Buckingham Palace through wonderful vibrant neighborhoods. So much to see and experience. Cost to quality - location this is a WInner!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times in my trips to London. It has a comfortable location and the hotel service is amazing. Rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. Definitely a nice place to stay while in London.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed for two nights on the tail end of a weeklong trip to Europe.

I purchased my room on the net at a great rate. The room I was assigned initially was a bit of a design mishmash. The lighting was so so, and the shower wall ( frosted glass) faced the bedside......so no night lights were possible. The room had a bit of a stench, and i asked for a reassignment.

Without any quibble or argument, management assured me that they would move me, and they did in quick fashion to a lovely room. very comfortable bed, nice linens, great pillows, and quiet environment.

Room servicing was unobtrusive and reliable.
The bathroom was large, the shower strong, and sink storage sufficient.

All in, a very nice stay, at a nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The is sold as afternoon tea and a tour of the hotel, but on arrival we were sent straight for the tea. Asked about the tour and was told this would be sorted out. The afternoon tea wasn't anything to be impressed with and felt like being on a conveyer belt. After tea we again asked about the tour (which is part of the price) and was told 'no tour, its now late and you can't have it'. Reminded that the time was confirmed with them and was simply told 'no tour' and shown the door. Totally unimpressed, especially when I emailed several times to find out why they sell a tour that doesn't take place and the they wouldn't even reply. Disgusted, don't book it, this is a rip-off.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian C
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed for a long weekend for my wife's 50th. unfortunately we were unable to book a room with a bath either on line or by phone. However we did, with Hamilton's help, end up with a room with a bath.

The room was good, the service was great, the hotel's location was perfect for great access to Covent Garden, the London Eye, Waterloo, the British Museum etc.

All the staff were helpful and informative. The deal was great value as the hotel standards were high. The hotel was very busy and were also holding an external event i.e. Virgins Wines which made the front lounge very full.

We loved the breakfast service including the table management and the friendly staff.

Overall our experience was very good and given the price deal was very good. We are planning another stay.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a bath, request it when booking and arrive early and re-state your request...