“Excellent value for money in central London”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #330 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed there for one night in a basic double room which cost £220 exc breakfast through a discount booking web site. Room was smallish but very well designed and had everything you could need like iron, trouser press, tea/coffee etc. Modern design, very comfortable bed and reasonable air conditioning.

Staff were extremely helpful. Pleasant bar and public areas. Easy walk to river and public transport

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel, they are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Nader N, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers.
We are very delighted to hear about your stay. I am happy that you liked our room styles, just to let you know we have different room category with different sized to accommodate every guests requests and needs.
I hope we get another chance to have you here with us.

Regards,
Nader Neishabouri

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel is really nice and the staff are awesome! I love the location.

Room Tip: I got an upgrade so the room is on the top floor and really nice view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers.
We are very delighted to hear about your stay. It would be my pleasure to pass your nice comments to our entire team.
We are looking forward to have you with us again in the near future.

Regards,
Nader Neishabouri

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Key reason to stay here is the great location. Also a fitness center in lower level. Rooms are incredibly small and variable...you may have a reasonable room for one visit and a dreadfully small, tired room the next. Service is average...you'd expect at least that or better from a Waldorf.

Stayed: June 2012
Sandra G, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Dear Tracy,
Thank you for sharing your experience with other fellow travelers about our hotel.
We were very pleased to hear your praise to its location; however your comments about average service you experienced raised a concern. Would you be so kind to contact me with some more details about it so we could improve?
I truly hope that we will be able to welcome you back at the Waldorf Hilton in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us when making your reservation so we could ensure the service you expected in the first place.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This isn't the worst hotel I've stayed in, far from it, but it's amongst the most disappointing. The location is great, but that isn't down to the current management, that was decided in the early 1900s. I'm actually lay in the bed of one of the newly refurbished rooms and actually mustered enough inclination to write my first tripadvisor review.

I returned from the theatre tonight to a message on the answer phone checking that everything is okay. It's the modern idea of 'good service' but in reality, why is it up to me to report that the shower door doesn't open properly because it's hinges we're fitted incorrectly leaving the door scraping against the floor. Why would anyone in full control of their faculties not design rooms with doors on the toilet area. Wanting a door on my toilet area is the same reason I don't install one in the lounge at home.

To be honest, in terms of room quality, I look around me and wish I'd saved the money and stayed in a premier inn or something akin. At least at those establishments, I have set expectations based upon the price, the Waldorf Hilton meets the same standard but the cost doesn't compare.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Neil M

Dear Neil,
Thank you for taking your time to share with us your thoughts and feedback about our hotel. We are extremely proud of it and all the refurbishment that has been done recently; therefore we were surprised and disappointed of your experience.
Please rest assured that our executive management is aware of it and that we will do our utmost to rectify all mistakes immediately.
I hope that this experience will not deter you from staying with us again.
Please do contact me directly so I could ensure that the room is allocated for you according to your preferences.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had some points and I needed one night in London, and the Paddington Hilton wasn't available.
Pros- location is excellent. Convent Garden is around the corner. The River Thames, Trafagar Square, and Westminster Abbey an easy walk. It is a pretty older building, with a lovely lounge and bar area.
They knew it was our anniversary and provided us with a little treat, always appreciated. I also appreciated the complimentary plate for fresh fruit and chocolate. The best thing was being able to push back our checkout time - that was deeply appreciated and made our last day in London excellent.
Cons - concierges not particularly warm and not so knowlegable - gave my husband the wrong info on which bus to take. At check in I was told we were upgraded, when in fact we were not - it was the category I reserved. We stayed in 523, queen bed, a view of other rooms, with a half-cocked renovation - modern art and light fixtures (walls a nice color though!), but a worn bureau, and bath with cheap tile, a toilet that wouldn't flush, a lukewarm towel warmer, and lukewarm water in the shower.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to look after you and your husband and we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your wedding anniversary celebration.
Please rest assured that your feedback about the knowledge of our concierge team has been forwarded to Head Concierge to make sure that none of our guests leave with similar impression.
All of us will be looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed at the Waldorf Hilton twice in the 8 months. Both times, there were:
- an appalling lack of customer service
- no attention to detail
- poor followup and response time on messages/requests/issued raised

During my first stay, among other things, a simple request for a power extension cord was only attended to after half a day of waiting and many calls to check what the hold up was.

In my most recent trip 2 weeks ago, I checked-in in the late afternoon and encountered from the start, service unbefitting that of a Hilton branded hotel and issues that shouldn't have even been issues:
- the room was not ready
- there was no hot water
- the in-room safe was faulty

Inspite of my request and messages left at 5pm and my following up at 11pm, the situation remained status quo.

The day after, the hotel moved me to another room as they failed to restore hot water to my room. It wasn't much better, unfortunately. The water was tepid which defeated the purpose of a bath tub. And I was very casually informed that 'nothing can be done' by the staff.

The evening of my departure, I requested for an advance taxi booking to be made for my departure to the airport the next day. It wasn't attended to, again, inspite of multiple reminders.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg122011

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking your time to share such detailed feedback following your recent stays at The Waldorf Hilton.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the shortfalls in service you experienced. It is not our usual service standard and that is not what we tolerate. Rest assured that our management team is following it up to ensure that none of our guests leave with such a bitter taste.
I would kindly ask you to contact me directly so I could discuss your future stays and ways we could restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend with my sister and brother-in-law, at the begining of July to celebrate three birthdays.

We were greeted by the reception staff who were so friendly and informative, they took our bags and arranged for them to be taken to our room when the rooms were ready. They then showed us up to the executive lounge for light refreshments, where we checked in and waited for our rooms. Gratefully appreciated after our 4.5hr journey. (arrived at 1.30pm) Again the staff were very friendly and helpful, informing us as soon as our room was ready. (ready by 2pm)

As it was myself and husbands birthday a day apart, we received a cake and a complimentary sparkling wine and beer voucher in our room.

Unfortunately I had developed a stomach bug on Tuesday and my husband caught my bug on the Friday evening.
The evening meal tasted fantastic (I chose caesar salad with prawns followed by lobster) unfortunately I couldn't manage it because I was unwell. To make matters worse my husband became unwell during the evening meal and had to leave. My sister and husband were very impressed with their meal and my brother-in-law in particular praised the attentitiveness of one of the waiters to the restaraunt manager.

We spent the next two days in bed only getting up for an hour to have a couple of sandwiches in the executive lounge. We missed both breakfasts, but my sister and her husband said there was a superb choice for breakfast. The executive lounge also offered a wide selection including the full English breakfast.

On the Sunday morning about 5am my husband was so poorly that we rang the reception to see if we could get a Doctor or some medication to enable my husband to travel home the same day. After declining the offer of a Doctor, the receptionist rang back and advised that there was an all night food store behind the hotel which may sell imodium. As my husband was so poorly the concierge offered to go to the shop for him. Unfortunatley they did not sell it. But he said that Tescos were opening at 7am and would collect some then for us. He returned with the imodium just after 7am. This concierge went the extra mile for us. His kind deed enabled my husband to be able to cope with the travel home.

We had booked afternoon tea but we had to cancel this as we were unwell, however they extended our check in as our train was not until 5pm. We were also able to stay in the executive lounge while my sister and husband had their afternoon tea.

The hotel is exceptionally well located and only a stones throw from Covent Garden and theatre land. The hotel bedroom was large, clean and very comfortable, with a settee, armchairs and a desk, and the large bathroom had a rainshower. The safe in the room is free. There was also an iron, ironing board, trouser press, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities and a large umbrella.

The staff are excetionally friendly, informative and helpful and are truly a credit to this hotel. I would definately return again to this hotel the next time I am in London.

Room Tip: Book an upgrade to an executive room it is good value for money and you will not be dissapointed
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest,
We can’t thank you enough for such warm words and praises to our team following your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton.
It was a pleasure to look after your family, especially knowing that there were so many occasions to be celebrated. We are very proud to hear that some team members made your weekend so memorable.
Please contact our Guest Relations Team any time you are planning your visit to London. We will be more than happy to look after you again.