I have a bee in my bonnet about hotels charging for internet connection. More of them are waking up to the necessity to offer free internet, but too many of them are, bluntly, ripping off their guests with charges of anything between £14 and £20 a day. It costs the hotel nothing (they would have internet for their back office functions anyway) so why charge the guests.
The Waldorf Hilton is a good quality hotel with excellent staff and super rooms. We paid £40 a night more for the upgrade to an executive room which gave access to the executive lounge for breakfast, high tea and canapés, so good value if you make full use of these things - and internet was free in the lounge.
The restaurants were also good and offered excellent value for pre-theatre dinner too. It would have been a five-stars from me but for the internet angle - if you are paying around £250 a night, you don't expect to be hit with an internet charge on top.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waldorf Hilton has one of the chicest addresses in town bridging the West End and the Square Mile to provide an excellent base for access to the City by day and the cultural delights of Covent Garden by night. Homage Restaurant pays tribute to the grand cafes of Europe, incorporating Good Godfrey's Bar and Lounge and the famous Palm Court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waldorf Hilton London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waldorf Hilton Hotel London
- Hilton Hotel London
- Hilton Hotel Waldorf
- Hilton London Waldorf
- London Hilton
- Waldorf Hotel London
- Waldorf Hilton London
- The Waldorf Hilton London England