Tis hotel has many very good features and some not so good. The best way to review it is to just list them.
Excellent location. Central/west end area. Easy access to both Charing Cross and Embankment Tube (subway) Stations. Easy walking to area restaurants in Covent Garden and along The Strand. Close to many theaters or easy access to them by subway.
Price: £190 + £38 vat per night
Rooms: good size room with lots of light. Has a nice kitchenette with frig, stove, microwave, sink. Bathroom is modern and has good lighting too. The bed was extremely comfortable. Tile and hardwood floors. No carpeting.
Breakfast: not included ( at least not in our package). £12 per person. Self serve waffles, breads, yogurt, fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage, and pastries. Coffee Machine makes about any kind of coffee you would like. Hot chocolate too
Free coffee and tea 24/7
Bad/ not so good
Maid service: the room was very clean when we checked in. That's good but it wasn't cleaned well the entire 7 days/ 6 nights we were there. Basically we just got clean towels and the bed made daily. They didn't sweep or vacuum the entire stay. The bathroom was cleaned once. Lotion/cotton balls, q-tips never replenished. Coffee or cream never replenished. Didn't get any service 2 of the days. We were gone all day until around 4:00pm and that's when they wanted to clean the room. Strange time to clean as most hotels do that early in the day. I just cleaned the floors with the bath towels.
Front desk: basically very nice people but not a lot of help with restaurant info
I would stay there again but try to engage the maids to clean the room by leaving them a tip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated for 2012 and located just a few steps away from Nelson’s Column in Trafalgar Square, Citadines Prestige Trafalgar Square London is a short walk from the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. You are also close to Buckingham Palace, St James’s Park and the National Portrait Gallery which houses one of the greatest European art collections in the world. In this area, busy streets are lined with shops leading down to Covent Garden and Oxford Street. Nearby, St James' Park is a perfect place to take a break from the bustle of the city. The Apart'hotel offers you 187 air conditioned flats over 9 floors, including 126 studios for 1 or 2 people, 49 one-bedroom apartments that sleep up to 4 people and 12 two-bedroom duplex apartments for up to 6 people. In the studios, choose between a double or twin pullout sofa bed. In the one-bedroom apartments, there are twin pullout sofa beds in the lounge area and a double bed in the bedroom. In the two-bedroom apartments, there are double sofa beds in the lounge area, and double beds in the bedrooms.Each studio and apartment of the residence houses a bathroom with hairdryer, a fully-equipped kitchen area complete with cooking hobs, microwave, fridge and dishwasher, complimentary internet access, TV with satellite channels, a direct-line phone and safe deposit box. Ideal Location.Many of the major sites of London are on your doorstep, including the Houses of Parliament & Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey. Being very close to the River Thames, your apart’hotel offers easy access to the Southbank Centre and its wide selection of theatres, bars and restaurants as well as the London Eye observation wheel. Culture lovers will enjoy visiting the National Gallery which houses one of the greatest European art collections in the world. Citadines Prestige Trafalgar Square London is convenient for Charing Cross and Embankment Underground stations, providing easy connections to all parts of the capital. Immerse yourself in the lively atmosphere of Piccadilly Circus and take in a show in the heart of Theatreland and then head to one of the plentiful traditional English pubs to round off your evening before heading back to your Apart'hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Citadines Trafalgar Square London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Trafalgar Square London Hotel London
- Citadines Hotel London
- Citadines Trafalgar Square London England