Citadines Trafalgar Square London
galahotels.com
$288
$279
2,499 results
All reviewslondon eyecharing crossnorthumberland avenueembankment stationsherlock holmes pubgreat locationstudio apartmentsmall kitchenbuckingham palacenational gallerystove topbig bencovent gardensofa bedwalking distanceseparate toiletkitchen area
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This hotel is walking distance to Buckingham palace, it's on the same street the Trafalgar square is. Very convenient and close to train station. The hotel was great overall, but a couple of things were a let down. For example when we checked in, it took around 30min. The front desk was manned by one person and there was a few people checking in, to make it worse, nowhere to sit as there are only a few seats scattered here and there. Our flight being extremely long meant we were anxious to get into our rooms! The rooms were tidy, modern and clean. Walk to many restaurants close by. Breakfast isn't very elaborate so if you get bored with same stuff, go out. Overall, it was very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2012

OK, first off, this is an awesome place to stay in central London. Easy walk to two tube stations. Minutes from trafalgar sq, Parliment the River.... One thing you need to be aware of if you are staying in a two bedroom. It is on two floors, and the staircase is very narrow, circular, and VERY steep. If anyone in your party has difficulty with stairs, or balance, be very aware. Both bedrooms and the shower are upstairs. The toilet, and sitting area are downstairs. The staff was great, the coffee was great. Great stay. Would go back again. May stay away from the two bedroom, but would definately stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at the Citadine near Trafalgar Square this month when we visited London and it was a great experience. The hotel is very centrally located. We were able to walk to a lot of restaurants and sites and there is an unerground station nearby. It was very reasonably priced and our room (which included a small kitchen) was clean, well maintained, nicely decorated and very quiet in spite of being in the heart of London. I would definitely stay at the Citadine again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meg M
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Solid hotel in London. The location is very good in between Trafalgar Square and the Thames. Rooms were old and a little run-down. Cleanliness was only average. Found the service patchy with some staff helpful and others not. Value was good.

The stay wasn't terrible but when I go back to London I'll be looking for a different hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Espresso74
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The hotel is in a great location and a perfect base for business or tourism. The problem I have is that as a single female traveler I returned to find my hotel room door open having been out all day. I initially thought that housekeeping must be in the room but the room was empty. All my belongings had been left in the room. I obviously wondered how long it had been like that and who had been in. Housekeeping had been in since the time I left in the morning so I can only assume it was them. Whoever it was it was not a pleasant experience and didn't leave me feeling too secure. I didn't sleep well. The hotel management apologised the next day, said they didn't know what had happened, maybe it was housekeeping but the manager would ring me and they didn't. For this reason I wouldn't recommend the hotel or stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business