“Great stay”

Hilton London Angel Islington
Ranked #208 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 9, 2013

First time at this hotel, and this area of London, and very impressive it was. The hotel was very well decorated and beautifully clean. We were able to check in even though we arrived at 11 am, both rooms were ready for us. The staff were very helpful, giving us advice on buses etc and organising a taxi for us on Saturday evening. There was an excellent choice for breakfast both mornings and the staff were always on hand to help with anything extra we needed. We chose this area as we were going to the Sadlers Wells theatre and were delighted to realise how close it was. The area around the hotel has plenty of eating establishments for evening meals, and on the Sunday we spent a pleasant time looking around the local farmers market and little vintage/second hand shops. We would certainly return in the future.

Room Tip: We had rooms at the back of the building and it was exceptionally quiet, no traffic noise etc.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Petra C, Manager at Hilton London Angel Islington, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit. I am thrilled that you like all aspects of your stay, the location, the early check in, the staff and the breakfast.
Thank you again for taking the time to post your experience at the Hilton Islington and I do hope that you will consider staying with us when you next visit London.

Warm regards,

Assistant Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,749)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Firstly id like to start by saying how friendly the hotel staff were from beginning to end, they were polite and extremely helpful throughout our stay.
We were only at this hotel for 2 nights after our civil partnership and were firstly given a room upgrade to a suite followed by a breakfast upgrade, which was a complimentary breakfast in bed for both days, which was lovely and came plentiful.
On entering our room there was a path way of red rose petals which lead to the bed which was covered in a huge heart shape made of more red rose petals. There was also a bottle of champagne on ice for us to enjoy accompanied by a personal note from the manager. It was the prefect ending to a beautiful day and evening and we cant thank the hotel enough for their efforts.
we would strongly suggest this hotel to anyone who needed somewhere to stay no matter what the occasion may be.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hayz1981

Thank you for your wonderful review following your recent visit. I would like to pass on my congratulations to you both once again; I am thrilled that we had the opportunity to assist you with your pre-honeymoon and make your stay memorable. I am also delighted you had a plentiful breakfast and that you found our staff great and helpful.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was looking for a hotel close to the 02 in Islington as I was going to a concert there, so the Hilton was ideal. I booked it through AVIOS so can't really comment on the value for money but I would recommend it if you need somewhere near the 02 venue or Kings Cross station. The hotel was clean, friendly and secure at night. The bed was amazing, big tv, shower big enough for two...and buffet breakfast was delicious with helpful staff on hand. The area is ideal, one stop on the tube from Euston, short walk from Kings Cross and Angel tube station. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants..overall an great hotel in a great location. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Islington. It's a pleasure indeed to receive such positive feedback following your recent stay, and we're delighted that our location, facilities and service are well-suited to your needs.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Having stayed here many times I was looking forward to my first visit back since renovation. The rooms are very nice, however don't clean your teeth when you are fully clothed as you will get soaked from the badly designed bathroom sink & tap. Looks lovely, but totally useless. Also, on this trip very disappointed & disgusted when I have had to request (not yet complained) to have blood cleaned off the bathroom door. It wasn't my blood and wouldn't know how long it had been on the door!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gregor B
Holly S, Manager at Hilton London Angel Islington, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I understand our General Manager Stefanie Hardy had been in contact with you directly.

We hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Holly Shepherd
Assistant Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 4, 2013

There are several good things about this hotel: the staff is VERY friendly and helpful, the room is designed with comfort in mind, everything looks new, and it has a great location (5 minutes from a tube station, and lots of shops, restaurants and supermarkets nearby). My only two issues were bug bites I woke up with after the last night, even though I never opened the window, and no free WiFi. Since the bug bites only happened in the last night (out of two), I'll assume it's not a typical problem, but I thought it's worth mentioning. As for the WiFi, based on my experience with other hotels around Europe, I would've expected a free connection, or at least for the description to clearly state that it's a paid service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lenny L

Thank you for your lovely review. I am happy that you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful. I am also pleased to read that you liked our newly refurbished room. I was sorry to hear that you had some disappointing comments to make about the internet. Please rest assured we have taken all your points on board for immediate consideration...I have shared all your comments with the team and we all very much hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Islington in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Excellent stay, excellent district, excellent breakfast, client care and staff very nice. We will choose this hotel for every stay in London. There are a lot of pubs, restaurants near the hotel. We enjoyed a lot

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at the Hilton Islington. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I was also pleased that you liked our staff and our excellent breakfast.

Please do come again to visit us soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were attending a wedding at Fredericks (in Camden Passage) which was only across the road from the hotel. The hotel was perfectly located, the staff were attentive, and the rooms were very clean. Only downside was we couldn't use a trolley from the car to the hotel entrance. We should have emptied the car at the entrance level, then parked.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary I

I was absolutely delighted to read your very kind words about your recent stay at the Hilton Islington.
I am so happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you liked the location as well as our staff.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back.