“Car Parking Issue”

Premier Inn London Hammersmith Hotel
Ranked #414 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was really disappointed on how Premier Inn Hammersmith regulate their parking space. I was only told on the second night that parking is not guaranteed and it is based on first come first serve, but I have paid for four days in advanced during check-in.

However, the reason given particularly by one member of staff is inconsistent and does not make sense. During my second night, after a long day and coming back to Premier Inn feeling really tired and having a stressful time to find a parking space, I was told to park anywhere by the Manager in charge (Saturday evening). Again for my last night in Premier Inn, there was no car park space and so I parked at the same space as before which did not block any other car. However, my family, especially my toddler was disturbed with repeated telephone rings from the reception. Additionally, the phone in the room was not working, but it kept on ringing. I made an initiative to call the reception with my mobile phone, only to know that apparently I was blocking other cars. I went down knowing that there was a car parked in front of mine that was far worst blocking other cars and it has no car pass on its dashboard.

I told the reception that I found there were about four cars without a pass. For my reference, I have photos and videos taken as proof. However, being defensive, the members of staff including the other Manager in charge (Sunday evening) said that they may have forgotten to put the pass in front of the dashboard of their cars. Having given them the benefit of the doubt, one should not issue car park passes more than what is available.

The day before, I was told by the Manager in charge (Saturday evening) that people do sneak in without paying and they find it difficult to contain this. But ironically, they were able to secure both the barrier (in and out) after the car park was full. The most hilarious comment by one member of staff was that the payment of £15 a day is for security, but there was a really big notice stating clearly that the Premier Inn does not hold any responsibility to any vehicles parked in their premises.

Another ridiculous advice from the reception is that you should not remove the car once you have found a space, but this is restricting guests from using their cars while staying at Premier Inn.

I am a long customer of Premier Inn in the UK and the UAE since 2006. The bitter experience will not hinder me staying in Premier Inn, but myself and my associates will never again stay in the Premier Inn Hammersmith.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SpA73
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn London Hammersmith Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Having stayed again at this hotel we found the staff exceptional and very friendly. Nothing was too much trouble and as we had stayed there many times before they made us feel at home. I asked for them to book a taxi for the early evening and they picked up the phone and dialled before I had finished asking. I had requested a room on a high floor at the time of booking and was not disappointed. The views are spectacular overlooking Southwest London and the Thames in it's majestic glory. The breakfast is reasonably priced at £8.95 for all you can eat and sets you up for the day.
Having travelled by car to London on this occasion I ensured we arrived early, as parking is limited at the hotel. It could not be simpler to reach the hotel from the North as once you leave the bottom of the M1 motorway you travel West on the North Circular and turn left into Chiswick at the junction of the M4 (Chiswick Flyover) and travel along Chiswick High Rd and the hotel is on the right as you enter Hammersmith. We will certainly be staying there again as it is a welcoming hotel and easy to get into the city by the tube from Ravenscourt Park station across the road. Yorkpensioner

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Bathroom dirty, in need of a decent clean and some sprucing up, room as expected for a premier inn, clean and comfortable bed. TV and kettle. Biggest concern here was it cost 15 quid to use their car park after paying £127 for the room, not exactly budget prices!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank peter w
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn London Hammersmith Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Many thanks for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.

Although we unfortunately do not have any control over the charges for car parking, we do notify you of parking charges on the Premier Inn website; you can contact the hotel to find out the specific charges.

Thank you once again for your review; we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

There is little point me reviewing the hotel itself as all premier inn's are much of a muchness. Our room was a little smaller than I had previously experienced but I guess that's London for you. That said, the room was comfortable & very quiet. We had a good night's sleep (thanks for the intro Lenny) and a lovely breakfast in the morning although that was an extra £8.50 per head. We only paid £49 for the room which, for London, was excellent and the hotel is well situated about 10 minutes walk from Hammersmith tube station. However, what did set this hotal apart was the staff. Everyone we interacted with were excellent & a credit to the Premier Inn brand.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Room was on 13th floor (the roof)...lift only goes to 12. so theres a flight of stairs to climb.

Parking spaces are limited and charged at £14 per night and I also opted to buy a dinner voucher which brought the cost of my stay up to £99

Room was was a bit tired and cold.. didn't really heat up, dirty windows (shame for a room with a great view) the bed was just ok and the bathroom though clean smelled a bit damp.

Diner was reasonable value...food was gastro pub standard, they made and error with my steak, (i requested medium well and it arrived medium rare), but this was very quickly rectified.

The inclusive glass of red was pretty poor and I'm not a fussy wine drinker...I'd choose Lager or a soft drink next time.

My main problem was trying to buy a bottle of mineral water at 11:45pm...the vending machine was out of order and hotel bar had already closed.

I was offered the option of a glass of tap water (from a hotel storage tank, no thanks), directed to the late night shop over the road or told to come back after midnight when they would have finished cashing up...I did without and made a cup of tea in my room.

All in all i didn't expect much for the price and thats exactly what i got...ok if you are on a tight budget in London.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn London Hammersmith Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Can not believe that this hotel is so cheap, really great location and fantastic staff, so close to the underground station, and with a big Primark in the same street, what more could you want, will be staying for all future trips to London.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor, liked the view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed with a group of ex-Servicemen for Remembrance Weekend. The staff were extremely helpful and proficient. The room was clean and airy and well maintained. The standard and quality of the breakfast was 1st class and well worth the cost. Like most hotels the bar was a little pricey, however, there was a very nice pub right next door.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends