Premier Inn London Hammersmith Hotel
Ranked #419 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Reading, United Kingdom
“OK”
Reviewed March 25, 2008

On Arriving my initial thought was good location in the mid of Hammersmith near the Train station. The room were small but clean and had everything you needed I wouldnt like to stay in here for a week but 4 a couple of nights it was big enough.

Had Breakfast in the morning which took over half an hour to come and when it did, it was good but I would recommend asking for double everything as the Beans and Mushrooms portions were very small.

Overall it was an average hotel! nothing special

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed February 13, 2008

We arrived at the hotel on 1 January at 11:30 AM after an overnight fight. It was obvious that they had been full for New Year's even and quests were sleeping in. However, the very nice young lady at reception got housekeeping on the phone and had a room cleaned for us before we could finish our coffee. Location is great for exploring this part of London. Short walk to to Black Lion Lane and its three great London Pubs: The Black Lion on the Thames and the Cross Keys and Carpenters Arms. Each a good example of a 'locals' London pub. Also a short hike down Chiswich High Road to numerous good restaurants, shopping and watering holes. Room though not large was comfortable and a good value, especially for the location.

• Liked — Great value and good service
  • Disliked — Bar area
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Worcester, UK
Reviewed October 23, 2007

If you've stayed at a Premier Inn (formerly known as Premier Travel Inn) before, you'll know what to expect. It is a no-frills hotel. The rooms are on the small size - particularly noticeable for our friend from the U.S. - and being in Central London the prices are a little higher than their other hotels around the country, typically £90 per night.

However, as one correspondent has already put it, "it does what it says on the tin". My room was very clean and was well furnished. The service was excellent with all of the staff I came into contact with being extremely friendly and helpful. Surpisingly, the hotel was quieter than I expected. I usually take a pair of ear-plugs when I book into a London budget hotel but didn't need to use them on this occassion. My 11th-floor rooom had great views and the traffic noise was undetectable. The hotel is just 3 minutes walk from the closest Tube station (Ravenscourt Park) with trains into the city taking about 25 minutes.

Premier Inn hotels do not usually have their own on-site restaurant so Hammersmith was an exception in this regard. However, I would not recommend it. The service was great and the prices were OK but the pizza that I had was about the worst pizza I've ever eaten..... very greasy and artificial-tasting. The guys on the table next to me did not seem too impressed with their food either. Loads of nearby places to eat in however so best eat out I think.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank rammblings101
england
Reviewed June 6, 2007

This hotel is not in central london and it can take a while to travel to see the sites. Its about midway between london and heathrow so would be handy if you needed to be close for a flight. Its a multi storey affair which doesn't look all that nice from the outside, however the room and the reception looked nice. We stayed in a corner room on the 9th floor with our 15 month old son. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The cot for our son looked very new and the sheets were spotless. Check in was quick and efficient. Breakfast is offered at £7.50 for a buffet as much as you can eat, but its only a short hop on a bus to chiswick highstreet for all the trendy bars and restaurants. My only complaint would be the shower pressure which was abysmal. But we had a quiet 2 nights there with a good nights sleep.

• Liked — its cleanliness
  • Disliked — poor shower pressure
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
liverpool
Reviewed March 11, 2007

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for a family party. It was a Saturday in July, and we paid £90 for a double en-suite, which we thought a little steep, especially seeing as my partner's parents were staying at the 4* Novotel down the road for the same price. However, the location (about 1 minute from the tube, close to bars, restaurants, shops and on a major, but quiet, road) made up for it as it's ideal for those driving (in London!?) or on public transport.

The hotel itself was fine, pretty average really, apart from the beds, which truly were VERY comfortable (as the company promise). Check-in was a hassle-free affair, and the staff were very friendly indeed. They were happy to answer questions, and offer directions to the event we were heading to.

Our room was a good size with an equally good sized bathroom, with pretty boring, but not unpleasant, views across the car park. Most importantly, the room had air-conditioning, which was much appreciated after a 1hour trip on the underground on a 30 degree centigrade day...Moreover this was GOOD air-con (and anyone who stays in hotels regularly will apreciate this I'm sure!).

The bathroom was a bit basic, and took an AGE to get any hot water through the taps, despite turning my hand to all the tricks in the book to get them to run warm. But it had everything I needed; bath, shower, etc. Functional I believe is the word...

The room and bathroom were both immaculately clean, but there was a slightly odd, almost damp smell in the room, which I see another reviewer has mentioned. It was innocuous, but not being able to open the window didn't help. It didn't bother me in the slightest but it was noticable when I walked in the door

The room was quiet, as I say we stayed on a Saturday night in the school summer holidays and we didn't hear a thing, either from other rooms or from outside. Such a relief and a change from some other, more expensive hotels!

Breakfasts were good, but quite expensive for what is on offer (as I often find). Guests would probably do better to head out to one fo the local delis or cafes (5-10 mins away) to pick up a bite, but what was on offer in the hotel was perfectly passable and the staff serving were very kind and helpful.

All in all a very good, middle of the road London hotel. It's nothing special, but great if you need to head to West London for whatever reason, it's a safe bet. Would I stay here again? Sure, so long as the 4* wasn't cheaper again!

Stayed July 2006
4 Thank HacketteMcHack
solihull
Reviewed January 16, 2007

Myself and my mother had a family room with a king size bed, a single bed and a mattress on the floor. Both beds were extremely comfortable. The room was spotless when we arrived and was maintained that way each day. Reception staff were friendly and helpful.

10 min slow walk to Hammersmith tube station.

Downsides: Only had a small bath and the shower over the bath wasn't the best, the water tended to spray all over the place.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Shower
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2006

This no-frills, functional hotel resembles a university hall of residence, with endless corridors and swing doors to drag your bags through.
Our room was basic and smelled a little odd but it just about sufficed for the few hours that we needed it before an early morning flight from Heathrow.
We arrived at 1pm but were unable to access our room, so had to pile our bags into a storage cupboard and come back later.
The location is good for Ravenscourt Park tube, but if you are
considering this hotel because it is near to Heathrow, be warned that you will have to change trains to get on the Piccadilly line.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple