“Disappointment”

Ranked #414 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

I have stayed in many premier inns around the country and have always had excellent service and experiences. Therefore when I was visiting Twickenham I immediately booked a premier inn near the ground.

The hotel appeared in good shape and actually thought from appearance in reception and the room it was probably the best we had stayed in. However, I found the service quite disappointing.

We booked a meal for 8pm. We arrived early after coming back from Twickenham and got to the restaurant at 7.45pm. We ordered about 5 minutes later. From where we were sat we could see the meals at the serving hatch. The first meal was placed on the tray, but did not arrive at the table for approx 5 minutes along with two of the other meals. The fourth meal came 5 minutes after this.

Whilst we were eating, the waitress started taking plates away while others were still eating - poor etiquette.

Next morning, housekeeping tried to clean the rooms at 8.30am while we were still preparing to go for breakfast. Considering check out time is 12, very annoying.

Again at breakfast, plates were taken from our table while people were still eating.

Overall a disappointing experience after a good weekend of visiting Twickenham to see England v Wales. We use the hotels regular. I am rugby referee and travel around the country and book a premier in the city nearest to where I am. I have also used Beckton in London for visits to the West End. I now expect a high standard from the Premier Inn when I stay based on the experiences so far......however this has changed my perception and hope this is not experienced again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank PaulFincken1972
darius_postma, General Manager at Premier Inn London Hammersmith Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Hi there,

Please accept my apologies that you felt it was not up the usual standard.

If you'd like to contact me at the hotel I would be happy to discuss your complaint with you.

Darius Postma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

The Premier Inn London Hammersmith was recommended to me by friends we were visiting. The rooms although small by US standards are packed with value. Our room was clean, orderly, and very adequate. It was pretty warm in London when we visited and the air conditioning was really good. The bed was big and fairly comfortable. The bath was clean and water pressure was excellent. I liked the tea/coffee service and the blow dryer was really nice. Anything we requested of the staff was granted. They couldn't be more helpful. Breakfast was good and could include ordered poached eggs or porridge (which was quite good). The organic yogurts were nice as well. We really enjoyed our stay at the Premier Inn. These are rooms to hang out in all day, but really nice rooms to base yourself as you tour London.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view. The views toward London are really nice.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank athena22in
Hi there,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you find my staff to be very helpful.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times. The rooms are clean and what you would expect from a budget hotel. They have recently been upgrading and decorating rooms and have not yet finished. The double rooms are quite spacious with king sized bed and bath with shower over it. If you are looking for a single room, expect a very small room with a three quarter sized bed and shower cubicle that is so tiny that you can hardly turn around in it, and I'm not a large person . This hotel caters for large groups of young foreign students visiting London. They can be very loud in the restaurant in the morning and in the evening with very little supervision from their teachers or the Premier Inn staff who seem oblivious to the noise or the comfort of other hotel guests. They can also be a problem running up and down corridors late at night and shouting at the top of their voice. The sevice in the restaurant is normally OK with friendly staff, but I along with a few others did walk out on one occasion in the evening after waiting 45 minutes without even being asked if I required a drink! Some others had been in there an hour and had only had their starters.
There is a small car park at the rear with a few spaces at the front for disabled parking. There is a charge for parking, so check the price before you book. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to Hammersmith underground station.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

very nice,excellent breakfast and helpful staff.moved me to a larger room because ofa problem with the toilet. Was glad to be in a double because the single would have been very cramped.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
darius_postma, General Manager at Premier Inn London Hammersmith Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2011

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm delighted you enjoyed our breakfast and found my team to be helpful.

We are always happy to do ‘whatever it takes’ to ensure you have a great visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime soon.

Ledbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Overall a good stay, especially enjoyed the breakfasts. Room very clean and recently refurbished.

Do bare in mind though that it is an old building and as such the standard rooms are tiny in comparison with newer Premier inns. The rooms did get very hot and the air conditioning needs upgrading - quite noisy and less effective than an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping. It seems a shame to have to keep the curtains closed all day to stop the room turning into a green house (we were on the 10th floor and had a super view).

Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback.

Our rooms do vary in size and I would advise that you enquire on the availability of an alternative room from my reception team should the one that is allocated to you not be suitable.

We have just concluded a full review of our air conditioning system and I am pleased to confirm that everything is working fine. The curtains are closed during the hot summer months to keep the room cool for your convenience.

I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime soon.

Bournemouth, Dorset
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

We were looking forward to our stay. The reviews on Trip Advisor helped us make that decision to pick this hotel.

We were not quite aware of how far we were from Hammersmith tube station. It was a good 10-15 mins walk. Upon arrival, the reception lounge was noisy & filled with students. We could barely get through with the pushchair & suitcase.

The room itself was very compact and our 2 year old daughter's bed was merely a mattress on the floor right next to our bed. The room was clean, comfortable and neat with everything we required to stay. Bath, shower, tv, soft duvet, hairdryer, air conditioning, lots of lighting, towels, tea, coffee, kettle etc...

Our first night, we could not find anywhere suitable in Hammersmith to eat, so we ended up back at the Inn, after a drink at The Rutland Arms on the Thames off Hammersmith Bridge which was nice. We'd already paid to have a continental and premier breakfast, but the staff were more than happy to change this so we could have their £22 meal deal which included a very nice 3 course meal, with drink & the full brekkie! We were more than delighted with this great deal.

The staff were very polite and friendly at all times. They could not be more kind, always greeting us and chatting to our daughter and making her laugh. They offered us extras like hot chocolate for our daughter and the option to have poached or boiled egg, if required.

Our room was situated on the 2nd floor at the front side of the building, the view was of the road, car park and a skip (although we were informed of refurbishments going on before we booked, which did not interrupt us at all). At night it was very loud. Our room was near the stairs too, so we could hear people going up them late at night and into the hall. Outside traffic could be heard late at night and early in the morning. The binmen arrive early Monday morning too.

I think Premier Inn would have been better putting us in a room at the top as we have a small child and will be using the lift anyway, so we would not be disturbed at night. The lower level floors could be used for the students and younger singles who are there to stay up late etc...

Overall, the stay was OK (staff were fantastic though!), but after staying at a Travel Lodge (their double room was huge) in Southwark, we would not consider staying at this Premier Inn again.

Room Tip: Higher floor, the better but we did get a choice when we booked online
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Emirates-TRIP
darius_postma, General Manager at Premier Inn London Hammersmith Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2011

Thank you for your feedback.

Ravenscourt Park Tube station is literally just a couple of minutes away from the hotel. It is the next stop on from Hammersmith on the district line and I would advise any guests to use this station is Hammersmith is a 10/15 minutes walk away as noted.

I'm delighted you found my team to be 'very polite and friendly' at all times.

Please be advised that reception is 24 hours and should you experience any problems with noise or other we would deal with is straight away. For your convenience there is an in-house phone in every room from which you can reach reception by dialling '1234'.

Erlangen, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

Stayed at the Premier Inn with friends the first time. Price, stars and location persuaded us to pick this hotel. In general, we have not been disappointed. Ok, but just for a weekend.

Location is fantastic, right next to the River Thames, lots of original pubs and breweries. And even the Hammersmith tube station is not far away (10 - 15 minutes on foot ).

Room cleanness overall was acceptable for a 3 star hotel. Room was very tight, too tight, but for two days still ok.

The bathroom looked newly tiled. Standard bath furniture, everything unbroken and clean. However, being 6.1 ft tall, it took some time to get a shower, anything but enjoyable: shower head not adjustable in height, so that I had to uncomfortably bend over while hair washing. Ceiling height was much too low, made me feel a bit under pressure.

Bed was too short for regular European people caused mainly by an overhanging part of the wall at the head of the bed leaving just a few inches of head room. Fortunately, the bed could be easily pulled forward. Matressee was rather comfortable compared with all the other hotel matressees I can remember of.

Carpet has already lived its live. Since a nice carpet deals as a sort of highlight of a room, in terms of customers' satisfaction I think a new one would really pay off.

TV was fantastic. Big flat screen with a perfectly clear picture. Plus point.

Windows' quality was a bit disappointing. Old glas, broken and ugly looking window frames. Durty little chamber in front of the window. The view, however, towards the London skyline (from the 11 th floor or so) is breathtaking. Never seen anything comparable. This view has risen my overall rating. The 12th floor too kept most noise to a minimum yet there is lots of traffic all around the hotel and clock.

Receptionists and all the other staff were very kind and forthcoming.

Breakfast was ok, the usual.

The price, well, compared with similar hotels and locations in London, I must say, it is slightly unappropriate. 15 pounds cheaper and breakfast included would fit the bill.

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the upper floors to get the chance of having a fantastic view over the London...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
darius_postma, General Manager at Premier Inn London Hammersmith Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2011

Thank you for your feedback.

As you rightly mentioned our location is superb both for local amenities or travel into central London. Ravenscourt Park is just 2 minutes from the hotel - next stop on the district line from Hammersmith. I would recommend you use this stop and not Hammersmith as it is literally just around the corner.

Please do feel free to enquire from reception on any return visit about the availability of a bigger room if the one you are allocated is not to your liking. We are presently undergoing a full refurbishment during which we will replace all carpets, beds & curtains throughout the hotel as well as do a complete redecorating. These works have no impact on our normal day-to-day operations and should not inconvenience our guests in any way.

The views are spectacular from the higher floors and in my opinion some of the best you can get anywhere in London.

I'm delighted you found the team 'very kind and forthcoming'. Please also be reminded for any future visit that reception is 24 hours and we would be glad to assist in any way we can to ensure you have a great stay with us.