I have stayed in many premier inns around the country and have always had excellent service and experiences. Therefore when I was visiting Twickenham I immediately booked a premier inn near the ground.
The hotel appeared in good shape and actually thought from appearance in reception and the room it was probably the best we had stayed in. However, I found the service quite disappointing.
We booked a meal for 8pm. We arrived early after coming back from Twickenham and got to the restaurant at 7.45pm. We ordered about 5 minutes later. From where we were sat we could see the meals at the serving hatch. The first meal was placed on the tray, but did not arrive at the table for approx 5 minutes along with two of the other meals. The fourth meal came 5 minutes after this.
Whilst we were eating, the waitress started taking plates away while others were still eating - poor etiquette.
Next morning, housekeeping tried to clean the rooms at 8.30am while we were still preparing to go for breakfast. Considering check out time is 12, very annoying.
Again at breakfast, plates were taken from our table while people were still eating.
Overall a disappointing experience after a good weekend of visiting Twickenham to see England v Wales. We use the hotels regular. I am rugby referee and travel around the country and book a premier in the city nearest to where I am. I have also used Beckton in London for visits to the West End. I now expect a high standard from the Premier Inn when I stay based on the experiences so far......however this has changed my perception and hope this is not experienced again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get a bird's eye view of the capital from Premier Inn London Hammersmith, with incredible views across the Thames to the Shard and Southbank. Just hop on a tube and the city's at your feet, from Hyde Park to Oxford Street, with direct public transport links via the District Line. And you needn't venture far from your nest to see Hammersmith's own bright lights - the Apollo, Westfield Shopping Centre, Olympia and Earl's Court are minutes away. Based just outside of the capital's congestion zone, near the M4, with limited parking on site charged at 15GBP for 24 hours, we're extra-easy to get to. And once you've arrived, you'll find everything you need for a dream stay: a tasty restaurant, peaceful rooms and an oh sso-comfy bed. Please be aware our hotel does not have air conditioning! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn London Hammersmith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn London Hammersmith Hotel London
- London Premier Inn
- Premier Inn London Hammersmith Hotel England