“Lovely food, lovely staff!”
Review of The Corner Cafe

The Corner Cafe
Ranked #30 of 1,247 Coffee & Tea in London
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 21, 2013

It may not look much from outside - my wife was a bit nervous the first time we walked in - but goodness me what a friendly welcome. There's a choice of various "set" breakfasts but you can ask for what you want. So for me, bacon, sausage, egg, bubble & squeak, toast, "real" coffee - and all for less than a fiver! And such a large portion that I didn't need any lunch after eating breakfast here.
We were staying at the nearby Days Hotel but breakfasts at the Corner Cafe are half the price and twice as good. The clientele included builders in their hard hats and businesmen with their Mercs and BMWs parked outside.
The service was fast and friendly, and the place was spotless - my wife was most inpressed with how shiny the salt and pepper containers were, and how the sauce bottles didn't have a single drip down them!
We went for breakfast on four consecutive days and were very pleased to have found this place.

2  Thank WillieEckerslike

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

The corner cafe is not the average greasy cafe.
You can order the norm eggs bacon sausages beans and 2 toast with a mug of coffee or get a full well cooked meal i.e. lamb chops and mash and boiled veg or even a roast chicken and vegetables or even rice and salad. The choice is yours or if your on the move get a quick sandwich to go the fillings are vast.
It's clean the food is reasonably price for central London and the staff and service is second to none.
I would recommend this all in one cafe to builders or office staff even tourist.
The only draw back is parking. But if you want to feed your face with good food you won't mind to pay at the meter after all its central London, plus it's well worth every bite.

1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This place was jam-packed when we entered, and we certainly stood out as tourists from America. We figured it had to be busy because the food was good, but we were wrong. . . the food was great! The selection was so vast, I just gave up and pointed to something on the menu. That strategy paid off handsomely when our food came only moments later. Absolutely delicious, and with very generous portions! I probably called attention to myself as I eagerly ate off of my daughter's plate, and then my son's. . . but perhaps the locals didn't mind. This place made me wish I were a local! It got better when I paid the bill; inexpensive certainly, but by London standards, downright cheap. I'm still trying to duplicate at home the superb coffee they served but with little success. When my family finds a cafe nearby our home that pays the same attention to high-quality ingredients, good portions, and reasonable prices that Corner Cafe shows, we'll become regulars. Until then, we'll just have to keep our passports current!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Might just be the sandwitch I ordered. I will try it again because of the friendly staff but will order something different next time. The hamburgers looked awesome.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The choice from the breakfast menu is vast, we were served by lovely ladies in a true old fashioned London cafe style, cheeky, fun and filling.