“Location, Cleanliness, and Tea”

Premier Inn London Hanger Lane Hotel
Ranked #167 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Litchfield, Connecticut
“Location, Cleanliness, and Tea”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed with a group of friends in this hotel for three nights while on a trip around Western Europe. London was our last destination after staying in three different hotels prior to the Premier Inn in three different cities. In the previous hotels, there had been a plethora of issues, from a lack of air conditioning during the hot Roman summer to a broken elevator to broken toilets. We were travelling on a serious budget, so we arrived in London with our fingers crossed and it worker. We were not disappointed by this hotel.
Firstly, you can't go wrong with the cost. Free breakfast is included, as well as a small bit of living space (read: area to walk. We were really on a budget), and a sizable bathroom. For what amounted to less than 100 USD, it was a steal.
The hotel was very clean. The beds were absolutely pristine when we first arrived, and stayed that way for the three nights we were there. Housekeeping came every day, which was a step up from the service I'm used to in the States. The breakfast area was very clean, and the bathroom was also sparkling clean. Very impressed.
The location could not be more perfect; for anyone who wants a good night's sleep, the hotel is not right in the most populated part of London, so there is not a lot of noise. It is, however, quite literally a hundred yards from the tube. This makes it very easy to access the rest of the city. I cannot stop singing praises about the tube as well, as it is by far superior to American subway systems.
The staff was all very friendly and helpful, especially considering how many people of varying walks of life were staying there. There were some nights were I saw businessmen, and some nights where there were men in kilts passed out with alcohol spilled on them. The staff was very courteous to everyone.
There's free tea, too, so I really don't think it gets any better.
The only issue I had was that a few rooms down there were some very drunk men who were catcalling and attempting to converse with my friends and I. This would not have been an issue except that it persisted after we all went to our rooms and tried to sleep. That being said, the men apologized the next day and it did not happen again.
Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Meagan P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very friendly staff. Comfy room. Some painting needing done on a few of my bathroom skirting boards. Lovely breakfast. Quiet location, with excellent access to Tube (Central Line). Some people might be put off by the close proximity to the busy outside roads, but in all fairness this is clearly mentioned on the website, plus my room was an "interior" room, and I slept soundly till my alarm went off !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank squinthorizon
Melbourne
Reviewed September 24, 2013

After reading the reviews on this site for weeks I choose this hotel for my recent stay in London We were travelling as a group of 6 including 3 kids 6,6,14. Check in was great we arrived super early 10am and they found a room for us to get into early and the girl on the desk was friendly and helpful. Rooms were as promised clean , comfy beds , neat clean bathroom . We had 4 beds in each room . 4 bed rooms are hard to find in England. The location was 2 min walk to the tube which we used every day of the 4 night stay it was about 25 min to centre of london kids loved the train ride following along the stops. Breakfast was super and free for all the kids under 16yrs and buffet style so the kids all loved choosing what they wanted. Food was all the typical breakfast foods for 8.95 pounds per adult. At night time the restaurant was packed we wanted to eat in our room as the kids were tired and the wait for the order was over 1 hr ! We actually all fell asleep waiting for it but the food was lovely . One of the nights I asked about the wait time and was told again it would be over 1hr so went went next door and got takeaway pub food which was an experience ! I would stay here again and recommend to friends not wanting to spend an arm and a leg on hotels right in london city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kylied
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We travelled from South Wales for a visit to London and stayed here from Friday 20th Sept-22nd Sept 2013. It cost us just over £200 for a double room, b&b, for the two nights. We were looking for somewhere convenient to stay to be able to travel into Central London and couldn't have got much better than this! Hanger Lane tube station is literally a minute walk away from the hotel and it takes roughly 15 minutes to get to Oxford Circus (Oxford street centre). The hotel is lovely too, every member of staff we met were extremely friendly and continued to ask how we were doing. The rooms are relatively basic but have all you will need (television, bath/shower, kettle, comfy bed, good wardrobe space etc) and are very clean. The restaurant in the hotel is great, we had breakfast both mornings and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was a selection of hot food for a full English breakfast as well as cereal, fruit, yoghurt, croissants. We also ate here on Saturday evening and it was a beautiful meal. I had rump steak and the soup while my partner had garlic flatbread and curry, we would recommend these meals greatly. Overall a brilliant stay here and will definitely be returning and recommending to others!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank LoisR93
Bronx, NY
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Premier Inn Hanger Lane Sept 3-10.. For the service, price and convenience involved, it cannot be beat! Spacious rooms (almost too much so, I guess it's a European thing but no dressers?) Friendly staff and a hop, skip and a jump to the nearby central line tube station. Park Royal (a leisurely 7-10 minute walk on flat ground) is another option if you need to go on the Piccadilly line. Anyway, back to the hotel-
Pros:
1- good water pressure and heat for the showers
2- friendly staff... pretty much all of them!
3- EXTREMELY competitive prices
4- spacious rooms (like, "are you kidding me, I cannot BELIEVE I have this much space (in comparison, I was at a different hotel 10 years ago in a room 1/3 the size!)
5- GREAT restaurant (Thyme restaurant, excellent curry)
6- they have paid parking but we didn't drive in London, the tube is SO convenient!
Cons:
1- I wish we could have stayed longer!!!
All in all, I would DEFINITELY return to Premier Inn London Hanger Lane!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank NakasBronx_NY
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on Saturday 14th Sept 2013. The hotel is a mere stones throw away from the nearest station. It was very easy to find and in an ideal location for traveling into London city centre. The room itself was large and spotlessly clean! Bathroom was ample size and again very clean. Lots of hot water. Nice big comfortable bed with a choice of hard or soft pillows. We didn't eat an evening meal there, though we did see people eating and the food looked lovely. We did however, have breakfast and I have to say it's probably the best breakfast we've had in a UK hotel! It was a buffet style eat all you like. Cereals, fresh fruit salad, toast, crumpets, yogurt, full english (nice and hot) with a choice how you want your eggs cooked! Tea, coffee and fruit juices, all this for £8.95. Kids under 16 eat free. Seriously great value. The staff were fantastic. Very friendly, helpful and genuinely look as if they enjoy their job. I'd like to give a special mention to Lola, who was in the breakfast room. She was really lovely, friendly and helpful. Would we return?? Most definitely. In fact we're looking for a reason to return to London just to stay here :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank debswood
Worcestershire
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Excellent stay staff very friendly nothing was to much trouble. Excellent value for money, excellent location as we staying with children tube was just across road via underpass which gave access to central line straight into central London.The fact it has a secure car park was a big plus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family