“Enjoyable”
Review of Adiva Restaurant - CLOSED

Adiva Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Whitechapel
Transit: Aldgate East and Liverpool Street Tube Station
Description: Adiva is a rare Lebanese Restaurant and Turkish Restaurant fusion that will leave you wanting for more. A luxurious yet affordable BYO restaurant in London Spitalfields and Aldgate East area. Lebanese and Turkish cuisines are both influenced by the ancient Arab Persian Empire followed by the Turkish Ottoman Empire culminating in a true traditional culinary fusion enjoyed by many around the world. The Adiva fare is a complimentary selection of classic mezzes and mains from Lebanon and Turkey. Fresh meat, fish and poultry is traditionally prepared with authentic herbs and spices and cooked upon order by fine healthy cooking chefs paying particular attention to authentic taste and presentation.
Hawkinge, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Lovely food, value for money, attentive staff (without being too attentive) Ice buckets supplied for BYO. Great all round.

London, United Kingdom
“Fairest priced night I have had in London”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

One of the best, fairest priced meals I have ever eaten. So many option from the set menu including lamb, chicken, fish and a veg option. Fantastic light mixed mezze to start followed by your choice of main. Each costing from £14.95-£20.95. You can bring your own alcohol which made our night very cost effective. The staff where very friendly taking the time to explain the set menu etc although they were very very busy, the poor waiter also had to explain this a few times as there was 22 of us!! The service leading up to the day was friendly, informative and accommodating and didn't disappoint on the day. Food came quickly and was brilliant! The belly dancer came to our table and asked us to join her in a dance. I can't recommend this place highly enough, will go back again and again when I am in London.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab night at Adiva”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We all had a fabulous time. Special thanks to the Manager Parveen and Colleague Mekan for being so accommodating. We were a family group of 22, it was spacious, relaxing, fun and the entertainment was brilliant. Already planning our next visit !

1 Thank Anwar B
London, United Kingdom
“Adiva? Should be Avoid Restaurant”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked this restaurant for a birthday meal for my friend, we booked a table for 8 for Saturday around 6pm with a deposit of £50.

The Service

Once we arrived at the restaurant we sat down and given set menu's which had barely any meals to choose from with a minimum of £20 per person with drinks as extra, I went up to the manager and kindly asked her if we could have the proper menu as we did not like what we saw on the set menu, she said we had a group of 8 and that we had to choose from set menu, I said to her again we don't like the choices and what was wrong with us having a menu, her response was it's my restaurant and I'll do what I like, at that moment I was furious and asked for a refund of my deposit, she refused, I said to her you did not tell us that we would have set menu at the time of booking, again I asked what was wrong with us having a proper menu as the restaurant was empty with only one couple there. She reluctantly accepted and gave us menu's and said to us we need to spend £13 each, I have been to many restaurants and have yet to go to one where there was a minimum spend.

To make things worse the waiter came up to us and with a rude tone of voice said to us, you do know you need to order drinks as well, to that I replied it would help if we had the drinks menu.

The Food

The food was below average at best, there are far better Turkish/ Lebanese restaurants around East London, the Mojito's we ordered tasted like water with a few limes and few mints, definitely not worth what we paid for.

I would strongly recommend everyone to stay away from this restaurant as this restaurant does not care what you like, as the manager so kindly put it 'It's my restaurant, I do what I want', so if you were feeling for a lamb shawarma, don't be surprised if a chicken shawarma turns up on your table.

4 Thank Afzal0712
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would definitely come back!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Fantastic food. Fun atmosphere. And very accommodating for such a large group of diners!

I look forward to our next visit!

• Visited July 2013