I stayed one night at this hotel. I like this kind of apart-hotel, which are now much developed in London (I don't expect to have breakfast at the hotel, as there are so many excellent and cosy cafés everywhere in London to start the day...).
This one is globally a good solution when one has to take an early-morning Eurostar, as King's Cross is at less than a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
I was positively surprised by the size of the room (number 16, 1rst floor), which was unusually spacious at Londonian standards, chiefly regarding the selling price (less than GBP 120). It is really an apartment, where one can fill at home. The whole room is clean and the bed is comfortable.
The bathroom is somehow tiny compared to other apart-hotels, however very clean and provided with all the amenities of a luxury hotel. Hot shower was perfectly well working (good to mention as this is often the drawback of Londonian mid-range hotels).
If one whishes to use the kitchen (which was not my case), the apartment kitchen is really spacious, with both a microwave and an oven.
All needed services to work at home (free wifi etc.) work perfectly.
The only drawback, as mentioned in other travellers' reviews, is the lack of isolation between rooms, walls seem to be really thin. The client of my neighbouring room fortunately caughed only three times that night, however those three times I had the impression that she was right in my room, so I can imagine what this lack of isolation means when one is not as fortunate as I was (for instance if my neighbour had been a family with screaming children, or a group of drunken friends, etc.).
If the hotel were able to fix that isolation issue (which might not be so easy to fix unfortunately, I don't blame the owner...), this hotel would be near perfection!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Studios2Let Serviced Apartments is a recently renovated and modernized property located in the heart of Bloomsbury. All apartments have en suite bathrooms. Furnished and fully fitted with flat screen TVs and DVD players, safe box, bathroom amenities, beautifully designed kitchens, fully equipped with all modern appliances including top of the range ovens, microwaves and fridge/freezer. All our studios come with double mattresses and our luxury bed linens will ensure a comfortable sleep. Other facilities welcome pack, free internet, over 30 TV channels (including selection of Sky channels) 24 hour Concierge Service and CCTV, laundry room, Fob key entry system, roof terrace and communal garden and lounge, weekly maid service. Location: Studios2Let is ideally located in the heart of Bloomsbury. • For the discerning connoisseur of fine foods there is a wide selection of restaurants within walking distance. • For shoppers, Brunswick Centre, Oxford Circus, Tottenham Court Rd, Marylebone High St, Covent Garden and Camden Market are all a short stroll away. • A wide selection of public gardens and gymnasium on our doorstep. • The British Museum and the British Library are both within 5 minutes walk.• Tennis enthusiasts can gain access to the tennis courts opposite the accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Studios2Let Serviced Apartments - Cartwright Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Studios 2 Let Serviced Apartments Hotel London
- Studios2Let Serviced Apartments - Cartwright Gardens London, England