Stayed three nights while in town for a meeting, and it worked fine for me. I chose it because I was covering the cost of the third night myself, and was looking for something reasonably priced. Also, having access to a small kitchen meant I could have some food on hand rather than eating every meal out. Reception was very friendly and organised. When I headed to my room I was a bit uncertain at first, as the worn brown shag carpet in the hallways didn't bode well, and my first impression of the room wasn't great. It was a basement room, with a sad little patio (the room was a 'large patio', but in November you wouldn't want to sit outside anyway, I just booked it because it was what was available), and it had that smell of stale smoke and whatever hotels spray to try to get rid of the smell. It was cold so I immediately went over to close the curtains, which were quite dirty along the top and falling down on one side. After I started to get settled in though, my impression changed. The place was immaculate, with real hardwood floors and a funny little kitchen with everything you would need. With the curtains shut and the heat turned on it became a cozy little oasis, and while I could hear my upstairs neighbours walking around, all was very quiet and I slept well. The smell dissipated, and there were lots of nice little touches, including good quality robes, coffee and tea, and even disposable toothbrushes and toothpaste (I travel quite a bit, but had somehow forgotten my toothpaste!). As noted by others, the bathroom was quite small, and the sink so small that it was impossible to wash your face without either smacking your head on the glass shelf or dripping water all over the floor. I put a towel down and opted for the second. There was room for a bigger sink, so not sure why they opted for such a small one. Checkout was efficient and friendly. All in all, I quite liked Studios2Let and would stay there again if I needed something budget friendly in London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Studios2Let Serviced Apartments is a recently renovated and modernized property located in the heart of Bloomsbury. All apartments have en suite bathrooms. Furnished and fully fitted with flat screen TVs and DVD players, safe box, bathroom amenities, beautifully designed kitchens, fully equipped with all modern appliances including top of the range ovens, microwaves and fridge/freezer. All our studios come with double mattresses and our luxury bed linens will ensure a comfortable sleep. Other facilities welcome pack, free internet, over 30 TV channels (including selection of Sky channels) 24 hour Concierge Service and CCTV, laundry room, Fob key entry system, roof terrace and communal garden and lounge, weekly maid service. Location: Studios2Let is ideally located in the heart of Bloomsbury. • For the discerning connoisseur of fine foods there is a wide selection of restaurants within walking distance. • For shoppers, Brunswick Centre, Oxford Circus, Tottenham Court Rd, Marylebone High St, Covent Garden and Camden Market are all a short stroll away. • A wide selection of public gardens and gymnasium on our doorstep. • The British Museum and the British Library are both within 5 minutes walk.• Tennis enthusiasts can gain access to the tennis courts opposite the accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Studios2Let Serviced Apartments - Cartwright Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Studios 2 Let Serviced Apartments Hotel London
- Studios2Let Serviced Apartments - Cartwright Gardens London, England