“Great place to stay!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #372 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. I have never stayed in this hotewl before but found it very good. Transport links are great with it being so close to Warren Street Station for the undergorund and also not too far away from main stations.

The bedroom was very nicely decorated and comfortable. The windows had extra glazing to help keep the noise from the busy road outside out - which they did very well! The windows also had very good blackout curtains which helped to ensure I got a good night sleep.

I ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant in the morning and was pleased with the selection of items offered. Although I would have like to see low fat yogurt and milk options available (or at least an indication if they are available on request) both hot and cold buffet selections were good as was the selection of juices and cold drinks.

I will definately be making this hotel my hotel of choice for future business trips. It is a very nice hotel were staff are extreemly helpful, friendly and welcoming. A great place to stay where I felt relaxed and safe, even as a woman travelling and staying on my own.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Bethan,

May we thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel.

It is such a delight to hear such kind words regarding your recent stay with us, even more so that you will be using us for your future business trips! Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with making future reservations. Rest assured I will be passing on the recognition to the rest of the hotel as I know that it makes all the hard work worth it.

With regards to the suggestions for breakfast, that sounds like a great idea and one that I will definitely put forward to the Food & Beverage Manager.

Once again, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards,

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I loved my recent stay at this hotel although I was disappointed with the noise level outside. This is London so I expected noise but the double glazing did not help.

I know in future to stay at the back of the hotel. The room is perfectly appointed with everything a traveler should need. The bed was comfortable and big.

The breakfast room was bright and welcoming as were the staff. I could not fault my stay and will return

Room Tip: Chose a room at the back of the hotel if like me you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback with us! Rest assured I will most definitely be passing your kind words on the entire Grafton team who will be delighted that you had a great stay with us.

The team and I hope to welcome you back in the very near future - please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance with anything at all.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 weeks June and July. Love returning here staff very good rooms really comfortable. Location just excellent. Right next to Warren Street tube station. Loads of places to eat on the doorstep. The staff at breakfast are excellent along with the food. 2 stops from the west end ideal.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Gartree,

This is a wonderful review - Thank you ever so much for sharing you feedback with us! It is very much appreciated.

The team and I do hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

If I myself can be of any assistance with making reservation please do not hesitate to contact myself directly via the hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Overall this hotel was a positive experience. We were initially put into a dreadful little room that was barely large enough for one person and impossible for two--no room for suitcases, toiletries, etc., or for two people to move around. That was partly our fault because we arrived earlier in the day than expected. When a customer service representative called our room and asked if we were happy we said NO! and she found another room for us. It was literally twice the size of the first with a far better layout. It was located at the back of the hotel, away from the Tottenham Court Road traffic and ambulances. (Downside to that--heavy construction was going on in the area directly behind the room. That stopped at night, of course.) The room was clean and well furnished, although the carpet was a bit stained and dirty looking. And of course the city location is fabulous. Very good restaurants all around, and convenient tube stations nearby for several lines. The reception staff were OK. My complaints are minor. First, the hairdryer. Yes, there was one as advertised, but it was in the bedroom, not the bathroom, and it was firmly attached inside the desk drawer, requiring major contortions to use it at all. And the nearest mirror was five feet away. I admire anyone who can style their hair at that distance from a mirror. I can't. Also, getting to the room required maneuvering heavy suitcases down several hallways that had one or two steps up or down. The minibar: Reception will open it for you if you give a credit card number, but the prices are outrageous. There's a Marks & Spencer just down the road if you need snacks or drinks. Go there instead. The positives far outweigh the negatives, though, and I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel is far quieter than the front. Be careful with the minibar. Reception will ope...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel!

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights last weekend on a superbreak deal. Location was excellent 15 min walk from St Pancras. We arrived at 11:45am with the intention of leaving our luggage as check in officially was 3pm but was swiftly checked in and given a room within a few minutes. Friendly reception staff were great. Room was on the 3rd floor overlooking The front of the hotel. The room itself was small but well equipped. Only real issue was the noise from the hospital when ambulances arrived at night. Breakfast was the usual hot & cold buffet and we asked for poached egg rather than the scrambled, these were done to perfection. Didn't eat in the resteraunt but did have drink on the 1st evening when we got back from the show. My only real issue with the hotel was this drink. 2 large Pinot Grigio cost £16:35......do the maths! I expected it to be expensive but not 1 price for 1 glass & 1 price for the other. I was given a dish of mixed nuts, maybe I was charged hence the odd price for the wine but I had already paid when he gave me them so not sure. Didn't spoil however what was a wonderful stay otherwise. We were able to leave our luggage on Sunday until we needed to go to the station. Would definitely return and would have given a 5 if the price of the wine was divisible by 2 !!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Scunny,

Thank you ever so much for choosing to stay at the Grafton Hotel and for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience, it is very much appreciated.

It is absolutely wonderful to read that you had such a great time and that you will definitely be returning in the future. With regards to the wine in the bar, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience – if you have been charged different amounts for the same drink, this is a mistake on our part and we are more than happy to rectify this!

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Dear all,
First of all I want to say that Radisson Grafton is my favorite hotel in London, and am coming back in August.Stayed many times there and I can recommend it to all of you.
Rooms are ok, its just that I always ask the rooms opposite from Totteham Coart Road and all I can say there is full piece in my room all the time.
All is clean, never seen a spot of dust, nor in a room or anywhere in hotel.
Furthermore, breakfast is perfect,. all you want, ..oat meal, fruits, yogurt, full english breakfast, chees, ham...ALL. I really dont understand the others who comment a breakfast as negative experience.. My only suggestion would be..- theres really no need to charge extra for espresso, as for some Europeans the coffee in UK is not strong enough as we used to in Croatia or somewhere else.
I also have to say, never had ANY complains against stuff. Every employee is doing is best, and am sure we all dont need to be so harsh and sensitive about it. They work hard for their money,...and if someone doesnt give you a smile all the time thats fine too, better then to put a smile on a face without really meaning it. Thanks.Ivo Ivsac

Room Tip: opposite the Totenham Coart Road
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Ivo,

This is such a rewarding review to read, I am absolutley delighted we are your favourite hotel in London! The Grafton team and I will do our very best to maintain trophy.

Our Food & Beverage Manager will be so pleased to know that you love the breakfast and of course, we will pass your compliments onto the Chef as I know feedback such as this makes all the hard work and effort worth it. With regards to the extra charges for the coffees, I will put this suggestion forward so that this can be taken into account when changes are being made within in this department. With that said, after this glowing review - next time you stay with us your espresso's will be on me! Ask for Stacey.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Just got back from one night stay here. Positives: good room rate, room quite nicely done out, good location (if you like Tottenham Court Rd!). However there were too many negatives for my liking. Firstly, reception staff on arrival bit blunt. We were meant to get a drinks voucher for a complimentary drink which we never got. Breakfast was fairly terrible. We asked for a paper and fried eggs (only other option were some sloppy scrambled help yourself ones). Never received either- despite several reminders re the eggs. Had to ask 3 times for toast and this came once we had finished everything else. Food from buffet ok but not much choice and mediocre in quality / quantity.
Probably wouldn't come back here due to the above mistakes. Preferred sister hotel in Bloomsbury and wished we'd stayed there instead.
Room was ok but very hot. Windows frosted over so couldn't see outside and therefore no view and quite dark!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank phoward1981

Dear Phoward,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of Trip Advisor.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that this you were disappointed with your stay, it is very disheartening to read that we failed to meet your expectations due to service shortfalls. I will of course, discuss the incidents you have highlighted with the Front Office Manager and the Food & Beverage Manager so that they can speak with their respective teams to ensure this does not reoccur.

Furthermore, I do hope you allow us an opportunity to deliver the service we usually pride ourselves on providing for our guests. If you do have a change of heart you have my assurance of a much better stay, as I personally will oversee every aspect of your reservation start to finish – please feel free to contact me via the hotel or customer services.