“A Centre of Excellence”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #371 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed here 29-30 May, then 19-20 June. The hotel is quite superb. Everything is crisp and efficient, yet it is friendly and homely at the same time. The staff are welcoming and helpful, without being overbearing. Such a nice touch when they remember you and add a cheery comment. That really does make you feel valued.

On reception Marisa could not have been more helpful. At dinner Chris organised his staff superbly as we had a special evening booked for the first visit. Discreet attention to detail was the hallmark of the night. Victoria organised a sumptuous meal for us which went down well.

At breakfast, on both occasions, we all commented about the kindness of Hasan and Edna, both of whom continually smiled and offered useful advice.

Overseeing all of this was the delightful Stacey who quietly kept checking that all was in order. It was, and it always is.

Take time to visit this gem just 2 minutes from Euston.

Room Tip: Speak with the staff, they will help where possible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are delighted to hear that you had a great and memorable stay. Here at the Grafton we try our upmost to meet our guests’ requirements if at all possible and I am glad to hear you were pleased with where your rooms were situated according to your requests.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast and the service you received in the restaurant. Hassan is a real credit to the company as are all of our employees and your feedback will be passed onto him. Thank you for your feedback on what a good service you had, it is this feedback that drives our employees forward in continuing to achieve these high standards.

When booking your next stay with us, do not hesitate to contact me and I will personally allocate you a room that meets all your requirements. Also if you enjoyed the breakfast, then you will be delighted with our new restaurant ‘Steak & Lobster’ and you can make a reservation through asking anyone at the reception desk.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,759)

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Just back from 3 nights stay. Requested quiet rooms and adjacent rooms as my husband and I took my mum away with us and she is on her own. Both requests met we had rooms at the back next to each other! Rooms are a little small but have everything you need and are spotlessly clean. Lovely clean bed linen each night, white fluffy towels,lovely. Breakfast very good, hasan the meeter and greeter is an asset to the hotel,friendly and professional, in fact all staff, reception,bar all very friendly. I have no complaints and would recommend and happily stay again, thanks!!

Room Tip: Quieter at back
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Let me begin by thanking you for sharing your feedback with us. It is always rewarding to receive such wonderful praises from a guest. We always try our best here at the Grafton to run like clockwork, whilst still delivering a personalised service to all our guests and I am delighted that this has been reflected in both of your stays.

Your lovely comments with be passed onto the mentioned employees who are all a real credit to the company. It is feedback like this that really empowers and motivates all the employees at the Grafton to continue delivering a high standard of service.

I am glad you enjoyed your private dining meal and that we were able to make your stay a special one.

We are eager to welcome you back for more memorable stays.

Stacey Jaseiwicz

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed here in March with friends. Great hotel, clean large rooms, left ipad charger behind and hotel sent out following day. Great service. Beautiful breakfast. No faults, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us in March. Here at the Grafton we pride ourselves on delivering a top class service to all of our guests and providing rooms that not only meet but exceed their expectations.

I am glad that you were more than satisfied with the breakfast buffet. For any future stays you have with us do not hesitate to ask anyone at reception for a reservation in our new restaurant ‘Steak & Lobster’, so you can enjoy more tasty experiences during your visit.

We are eager to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

That's rather a bizarre tag line I know. But bear with me. I was booked in here for one night one night as I had an early start in the morning and my hopes frankly weren't high. I got to the foyer and the decor smacked me between the eyes somewhat...it's a little bit...well...it's rather potent. There is marble. There are decorative mirrors. Thre is a whiff of Louis XIV about it. However, the service was epic. It turned out that I had been given a single room and single bed, which wasn't much use given my ridiculous height...and so the sainted Ebenezer - yes he really was called that - upgraded me immediately for no charge so I didn't have to sleep in a ball. I got to the room and it was small yet well organised enough, comfy and warm. The decor is, again, a little odd, especially (a-hem) those curtains, but no specific complaints. They even gave me a copy of Harpers Bazaar, which is a nice gesture if a little odd. As ever, however, this hotel excels in eyre me of service. Upon discovering I had forgotten my toothbrush I out in a not especially optimistic call to the front desk and about 45 seconds later the sainted Ebenezer appeared with a disposable toothbrush/paste set. Given where it is and what it costs, it's a great place to stay over. Stay. And make sure you say hello to Ebenezer from me!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank LSO1973

Dear LS0,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at the Grafton hotel, it is very much appreciated.

It is a little disappointing that the décor was not to your preference, I do believe that this is a matter of personal opinion, however I am sure that I would be able to find a room that would exceed your expectation. With regards to Ebenezer, he is indeed a real credit, not only to the hotel but the entire organisation, as we say so often in hospitality – it is the people that make the difference, they create the atmosphere and most importantly, look after our guests!! Rest assured your feedback will be passed onto Ebenezer directly as it will no doubt serve as great motivation to know that his efforts, along with his colleagues do not go unnoticed. Thank you once again for taking the time to highlight his wonderful service.

Next time you are planning to stay in London, do not hesitate to let me know directly so that I can make sure allocate the perfect room for you. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed here Sunday 15th June. Loved the location just around the corner from Euston and next door to Warren St tube. I was greeted with a lovely warm welcome and my request was met. I had a superior single room 507, the very comfortable bed was just smaller that a double, the room was spacious enough for one with plenty of storage if needed. Road noise didn't really bother me too much and didn't hear any noise from next door or the corridor and I slept very well. Also had a call from reception to check everything was ok which I thought was a nice touch. Check out was a breeze again with pleasant staff. Would love to return in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and will help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in London

It is always wonderful to read that we have been successful in our aim of delivering 100% satisfaction for one of our guests. Thank you also for highlighting our fabulous location, indeed there are many great tube connections, Charlotte Street is but a 5 minute walk away so there is are plenty of delicious restaurants to dine in – not to mention our own new restaurant ‘Steak & Lobster’ which is simply – steak or lobster, beautifully done! Next time you stay with us, you absolutely must dine – I assure you, you will not be disappointed.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in very near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Did not meet a 4.5 Star rating.
Booked a business suite with upgrade. Waste of money!!

1. Requested early check in, request was granted, at arrival at hotel was denied made us wait 3hrs after a long flight.

2. Requested a non smoking room, instead received a smoking room which was absolutely foul of stench, after complaining was given down grade with no compensation.

3. Staff was terrible. Which even made our stay even worse.

Raddison blu motto "100% customer satisfaction guarantee" please review hotels values.

Do not recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Phuong P

Dear Phuong,

Thank you for staying with us at the Grafton hotel. It is a real shame we did not meet in person whilst you stayed with us and to hear first-hand your feedback which I am really most grateful for.

I must say it is very disappointing to read that you had such a poor experience at the Grafton hotel! Rest assured this is far from our usual standard of service and I would very much appreciate an opportunity to speak with you regarding the team at the hotel – I am surprised that you found the Grafton Team terrible, this is a very rare complaint, however one which will be discussed with the Head of Departments.

With regards to the early check in, we always allow our guests to check in early if the room is ready. However we never guarantee an early check in, but we always note any requests and do our level best to ensure they can be fulfilled. I do feel I need to clarify that the check in time is 15:00, if you wish to secure your room for a time earlier than you are welcome to book the room for the night prior to your arrival.

On this note, I do hope you consider choosing the Grafton when you are next travelling to town and I will ensure you are extremely well looked after. Please feel free to contact me at any stage should I be able to assist you with your plans.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed at the Grafton on 8th June and found the staff to be courteous, helpful and pleasant. The room was spacious well presented and comfortable. Breakfast choice was wide ranging and tasty, all in all I had a most enjoyable stay and would heartily recommend it to anyone. Extremely convenient for Euston station which is only 5 minutes walk away.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank douggarrett
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Doug,

This is a great review! I am absolutely delighted that you had such a wonderful stay with us and found the team to courteous, helpful & pleasant! Rest assured you praise will be passed on to the entire hotel.

With regards, to our location, I am ever so glad to read that you found it convenient. On this note, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay in the hotel in the very near future.

Stacey Jasieiwcz