“Way to hot !! ”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #369 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights as on a training course, hotel looks like a posh once you get inside although the room I had was pretty small and the air con unit clearly didn't work as even at 12 degrees warm air was pumping out even after telling the staff they said the hotel was full so I couldn't change rooms !! They didn't even have a fan !! So I had to leave the window open and with all of the noise outside I didn't sleep too good :-(. The breakfast was okay hot food wasn't great although good selection of cereal and fruits. Then to top it off when I checked out they told me I was on a prepaid room so didn't need to pay on checking out then 3 weeks later I get a call from the hotel telling me to pay for the bill !! Not a great experience

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Dav1dWoolford

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. Room was quite far away from reception showing just how vast this hotel is. There had been an error with my booking meaning I would have been staying in two separate rooms, the hotel sorted this out efficiently and made sure I wouldn't have to move around.
The room service was great and portion size was very good. Breakfast is tasty but I would like to see more continental options like cold meats on offer. The bar in the evening has a great atmosphere and the staff are very friendly. Room was spacious and housekeeping was very thorough.
Great location- close to Euston and Warren Street station.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to staircases to avoid a very long walk.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda J
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Went yesterday as I was given a gift certificate for my birthday. I've been to different places over the years for afternoon tea and I can say this is the worst experience I ever had. 1st the waitress was rude and didn't understand why, as a vegetarian, I wanted my sandwichs on a separate place from my friend who isn't vegetarian. Then she didn't want to ask the chef if the cakes contained gélatine. I had to ask someone else. We waited 45 min for the food to arrive. And what a disappointment. The sandwichs must have been prepared early that morning and left out. The bread was all dry on top. Absolutely tasteless. The scones where about the same size than the miniature jam pot and very flat. Crumbled like a biscuit when trying to cut it in half. 4 mini cakes for 2 people. A chocolate brownie which tasted like flour, a heavy lemon drizzle, something orangy and another small cake. The only thing that was ok was the tea and the decor. I will never go back there.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shea32

Dear Shea,

Firstly may I apologise for the poor experience you suffered, rest assured this has been brought to the attention of the Food & Beverage Manager who will follow this up immediately.

It is extremely embarrassing that on such a special occasion you did not receive the special treatment we aim to deliver to our guests. We usually pride ourselves on being flexible and catering to all our guests needs & dietary requirements.

On this note, I do hope you will reconsider and return to us so that we can make this up to you and display the level of service and detail we are proud to give our guest – If you ever need to make a reservation, do not hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Had this hotel as part of a Theatre Package, easy to get to and find, some decent pubs and eateries close by. The fact it's pretty much opposite Warren Street Tube Station means it's easy to get around London. Room was good size and breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank bevyboy

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I'm currently staying here on business.
The staff are very helpful and friendly in particular the waiter 'Rony' who always makes sure we have everything we need. Always happy to help and very welcoming.
The rooms are great and very clean. Housekeeping do an amazing job also. :)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Fally86

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Wow, loved this hotel. Its location was great. Literally 50 yards from Warren Street tube station. Rooms were lovely, if a little small and view wasn't great but the bathroom was huge.
Breakfast was fantastic. I opted for the lovely fresh fruit salad followed by freshly poached eggs, smoked salmon and flat field mushrooms. Yummy. Also some great freshly brewed coffee.
We used the luggage room which was very useful.good air con in the rooms, which was really needed as rooms were quite warm. Hotel lobby area is quite stunning with huge chandeliers and all staff were very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rara1979

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed here on a recent visit to London. I chose this as it was local for Euston station and I had an early morning train to catch. It's also close to Warren Street and Euston Square tubes so very convenient for getting around London and getting into the West End in a couple of stops or so. I didn't have breakfast as there are cheaper places in the vicinity, and the restaurant was expensive...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo