Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
$288
$279
Orbitz.com
4,984 results
All reviewswarren street tube stationtottenham courtsingle roomnorthern lineexcellent locationwest endlovely hoteltheatre breakoxford circusquiet roomstandard roommini barcentral locationbooked this hotelan upgradebritish museumstayed for one night
Reviewed January 10, 2014

No lounge, not very polite service and elegant waiters and waitresses and not very close to city centre.
no swimming pool and no state of the art gymnasium and sauna and jacuzzi!
Vey close to city centre. no Amazing art in rooms and no great sofasets in the room too.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Anisharyan,

Thank you for your review on your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel.

It is disappointing to read that you found the Grafton to be a ‘Budget Hotel’ and have to say I do feel that is an unfair comment, however appreciate your feedback.

With regards to some of the comments made, I do feel I need to clarify so that our future travellers know we have these facilities - we do have a very popular lounge for our guests as well as Trunk Bar and Restaurant, our location is within a 10 minute walk to Oxford Street, Camden, Soho and Leicester Square, which is fairly central depending on which part of London you are after, also we do have rooms which have sofa sets however they’re in King Deluxe bedrooms and upwards, whereas the room type you booked was a double standard, we also have a gym which has been equipped with the latest machines.

If there is anything I can be of assistance with please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I've never seen smaller and more disfunctyonal room in my life! When I opened the door I thought I mistaken it with storage, unfortunately it turned out to be a room, which I was charged for! As I was pretty tired, I decided to give it a chance and not to act like a spoiled baby girl. It was Radisson, it couldn't be that bad after all, right?

Well, it could! I have to decide wheather to have my suitcase open or to be able to go to the toilet. I had no chair and no table in the room, only a bed, which was smaller than the one I had when I lived in a hospice! I had a thermo jug, but no place to put it, as I had 2 phones on the 2 small round tables (size of a plate). I had literally no space to put my cell, not in my small bed, not on the piece of table I had next to the bed.

In return I had one big armoire, where they put a mini fridge, the thermo jug and some tea...well, I would prefer them gone in favour of some space to open my suitcase! On the armoire they have one of those charger iphone devices, which was not working... as a curious handy person, I decided to check what's the problem - guess what, the device was attached in a way that its cable couldn't reach any of the contacts in the room (by 5 centimeters!), but they decided to leave it like that!

I still don't understand why they left an ironing table in my room considering that there was no place to stretch and iron on it at the same time?!? Or maybe they expected me to iron outside the room? My colleagues who came to see the room said that there is no carpet, but it doesn't matter as if I want to slip and fall, I will need to open my the exit door first.

I would really like to show you this room in picture, but I couldn't stand away enough for my object glass to be able to take a picture of it. However the picture won't show how noisy the room was. As it was on the first room, when lying in my bed I was able to watch in the eyes the passangers on the second floor of the buses! Literally! and I was able to hear the engines of all vehicles passing on the street.

I couldn't sleep, so on the next day I asked for a change! I said I don't like my room as its too noisy (I was really modest!) - the receptionist didn't even applogize! He just gave me another room like I was the 100000000 customer with this kind of request...well maybe I was.

Just a quick overview of the bathroom - sitting on the toilet is so stressful as my first attempts to park my car backwards! You need to be in the right position and move slowly as one wrong move and you will hit the sink! Besides you don't succed from the first time! You need practice! If I was 5 months pregnant I wouldn't be able to get it in and I would use the McDonalds'next to the hotel!

My new room was on 5th floor, 528, I was able to open my suitcase (yeeey) as it was few inches bigger and I was really happy after the alwful night I had. However the room was small and lower, if you're more than 1.70m it won't be very comfortable (thanks God I'm tiny person), but I wouldn't say it was more quiet. I had a table and a chair! I even make myself coffee!

After such unpleasant stay, you learn to appreciate a lot of things! But I would never ever chose Radisson in any country/ occasion! They should be aware that in our century, good reputation and the name is everything, and they don't care enough to stop offering such bad conditions...well they are on my black list and I'll make sure none of my friends or colleagues would chose them!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Diana K
Stacey J, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Diana,

I would like to start by apologising for the poor experience you suffered during your recent visit, it is extremely disappointing to hear that we have failed to the point where a guest will no longer stay with our hotels.

I have sent you a message as it is imperative that we follow up on the issues you have highlighted about how your request to move rooms was handled and to see if there is any way in which we can make this right for you.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused and I truly hope to hear from you soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2014

One night stay. Lovely exec double room. Spacious, spotless, very comfy bed and pillows. Excellent breakfast. Would stay again without a doubt. Lots of wonderful places to eat nearby. Just about 10 mins walk from dominion theatre, which is why we chose here. Our room was first floor, front of building. Noise didn't bother us.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kthorny123
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Norma,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel.

I am absoutley delighted you had such a fantastic time her at The Grafton hotel. If I can be of any assistance with making future reservations please do not hesitate to let me know, I can easily be contacted via customer services or the hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We arrived early expecting to leave our bags and check in later, to our delight we got checked in straight away, quickly and efficiently. The room was of adequate size, clean and comfortable. Our breakfast was excellent and the staff helpful and friendly. Location was perfect for getting around London.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roselyn_mcfarlane
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Roselyn,

This a wonderul review – Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

The Grafton team and I look hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Hotel is clean and tidy and with lovely features.

Just a shame the staff are deaf... either that or they are just the most inconsiderate humans to ever grace the Earth!

I booked the hotel for a nice break with my husband. We have a 2 1/2 year old child and more often than not he has me up 3-4 times in the night for various reasons and then arises at 5am to start the day. So, we were both looking forward to some sleep to be honest!

But no

I would have honestly been better staying at home and being woken up by my child 3-4 times by my son.

1am - door SLAMMING, staff talking loudly in the corridors, more slamming
2am More slamming
3am more slamming and a Chinese member of staff banging buckets on a wall (yes really)
(repeat in hourly intervals)
6am - Slamming and what sounded like some sort of mechanical robot walking around the corridors
7am member of staff loudly slamming door and wheeling laundry baskets down the hall whistling loudly - at this point I opened my door and shouted at him, he apologised and looked shocked that a guest was actually staying in a hotel
7.30am Indian member of staff loudly talking on his mobile phone, again I shouted at him- he carried on his conversation
Followed by a nice 8am knock at the door (check out was 11am)

So at this point we gave up attempting to get any sleep, both far too fuming to sleep anyway.

Spoke to the manager on check out, who wrote our complaint on a notepad - which really helped and made us feel valued .........NOT

Will definitely be taking this further

Paid £159 to be kept awake all night by the inconsiderate idiots that work here

Room Tip: Don't sleep in 513
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rachael j
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Rachael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

My apologies that on this occasion you did not enjoy your stay.

I do hope that you would consider staying with us in the future so that I myself can make this right for you.

Kind regards,