“Modern and nice, but small room”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #370 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I wasn't looking forward to staying here as I've had bad experiences in similar hotels from the group but I thought this one was good. The service was really good on arrival and at each point during my stay. The room was modern, very clean and well-equiped and generally comfy. However, as I had a single room it was very, very small, as was the bathroom, and I had a lot of work to do in the evening and struggled to sit at the desk with the bed right behind me.

That said, it was doable and the room itself was nice. I didn't realise there was a gym until I spotted it in a review on here and the gym is modern with good equipment and was quiet. This was an unexpected bonus.

The location is very central and is next two one tube station, close to another and is walkable to Oxford Street so pretty good on that .

My room faced into the courtyard so was quiet. I've rated the room 3/5 not because it was average in itself, but because it was small. If I wasn't planning to spend much time in there though it would not have been an issue.

I would stay here again as the service, finishing of the rooms and the gym are probably worth the compromise on size if staying for one or two nights on business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard to avoid street noise if that sort of thing bothers you.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Andrew,

I am absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton. May we thank you for choosing to stay at the Grafton hotel and for taking the time to share your experience.

Please accept my apologies that on this occasion the room allocated to you was not to your complete satisfaction. Our single rooms are bijou, however we do have superior rooms which are more spacious available.

Next time you are planning a visit, don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance with anything at all.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,814)

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Fantastic location, next door to Warren Street tube station. Friendly, helpful staff. We were able to check in at midday although the paperwork stated 3pm. Room was spotlessly clean with everything you you need for a short stay. Comfortable beds, fluffy towels, toiletries, ice bucket etc. breakfast was superb, plenty of selection, from fresh fruit to full on English. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anybody visiting the capital and will definitely go back when next visiting london.

Room Tip: Can be noisy with sirens as opposite a hospital, we were at the back and still heard them so expect...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Henrythedog_9,

May we thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

Our close proximity to travel connections makes our location perfect whether you are visiting for leisure or business. I am delighted you enjoyed the room amenities! Chef and his team will be thrilled to know that you found his delicious breakfast superb.

The team and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

my wife and daughter have just returned from their afternoon tea trip to your hotel and cannot praise it highly enough, the staff very courteous and very attentive, the tea etc was fine and so much so they want to re visit soon.

Thank you everybody.

Alan J Dudman

Room Tip: good value and close very close to the underground service
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Alan,

Thank you for taking the time share you review of your recent visit to Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Husband booked this as a birthday treat. It is extremely close to Warren Street underground and within easy reach of Oxford Street.
I had read previous reviews and was fully expecting a small room, however on check in advised that we had been given an upgrade. The room was on the fourth floor, and overlooked the internal courtyard - but I could see the Post Office Tower (as it was once known). The view was immaterial, and I can confirm is was quiet. The room was quite large (as large as the London Hotel we stayed in two weeks ago), a huge bed, a sofa and coffee table, and still room to move around. Slippers and a bathrobe were provided 9but for two guests only one robe!). Yes the bathroom was small and the toilet was right behind the door, however the shower was large enough for two and the toiletries were really nice, not the small bottles but large bottles in the shower and over the sink. The heated towel rail was really hot but how nice to snuggle into a warm towel after a shower.
The bed was comfortable and warm and our temperature controls worked very well. I do wonder sometimes about the number of objects that light up the room at night however and are they all really necessary?
I thought the small card with the name of the staff member responsible for our room was a nice touch and made it more personal. The bottle of water was really appreciated. Yes biscuits with the tea would have been nice and perhaps more than 4 milks but these are nit picky things personal to us.
In our view breakfast was plentiful and well presented. Signs were posted around the hotel to advise of the busy times at breakfast, so guests could plan when to eat.
Staff were extremely pleasant and I would like to say how lovely Trevor on front of house was. Again it made us feel a little bit more special.
All in all a lovely weekend and we would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank exhaustedFareham
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Happy Birthday on behalf of the Grafton hotel – I am delighted you had such a great experience with us.

Thank you for highlighting what a wonderful leader Trevor is! He is a fantastic ambassador of the ‘Yes I Can’ attitude we stand for.

I have noted your feedback regarding having biscuits, I think it would be a lovely amenities to provide for our guests! Also with regards to getting extra tea,coffee or milk just dial 0 whilst your in house and we will have them send up.

On this note, I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Very handy spot this, short taxi or walk from Euston, Kings Cross and St Pancras and feet away from Warren St tube (it's on the junction of Euston Road and Tottenham Court Road) This means your travel connections are dealt with and it's also very close to West End, British Museum and the like if you want to walk.

Very helpful reception staff, booking company had made a mess of my reservation and they were of great assistance in getting it ironed out. Plenty of staff so no problem checking out in the morning at the end of my stay (this can be a weakness in London.)

Food wise, I only had breakfast, which was buffet, but very pleasant (Eternal advice is echoed again: If you're going to eat in the hotel, prebook for the best rates.) Plenty of friendly staff on hand and good food.

Room was well laid out, mine had safe, minibar, US power outlets etc, believe this is the case for all rooms. Like the rest of the hotel, very nice decor. Not every room is double glazed, so due to the location, rooms overlooking the road can be a little noisy (you're round the corner from UCH so you can get sirens into the night.) Far from unique for London, but worth mentioning. Free wifi through the hotel, not just bar or lobby, which is always welcome. Only very minor letdown with the room was that there was no "comfy chair" just a desk chair.

Overall, very pleasant spot for business trip, short break or the like. Not the cheapest, but not excessively expensive for London given the standard of the hotel and rooms plus location. Would recommend to anyone.

Quick tips for food, Agra is a very pleasant Indian just round the back of the hotel that's been open for ever. Lots of places to eat in London of course, but if you're doing any theatreland stuff, you owe it to yourself to try Arbutus just South of Soho square. If you're tired or spent up, there is a Tesco Met and Sainsers local within a stone's throw of the hotel too. Best tip for London: If you're tubing or using the buses, get an Oyster card - cheapest and easiest option.

Room Tip: If you're not a deep sleeper, ask for rooms at the back
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Magic_Bryan

Dear Magic_Brian,

May we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton.

I am sorry to hear that there was some issue with your reservation however, I am glad that reception was able to resolve it quickly for you. Next time you are planning on staying don’t hesitate to contact me in advance so that I can ensure we allocate a quiet room for you. I am easily reached via reception.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location, at the top of Tottenham court road and within a 5 minute walk to Dustin station.

The hotel was clean, quiet and the staff were friendly and helpful.

The room was a bit on the small side for a twin room but it's only what I'd expect for a hotel room in London.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear PlainJaneLaura,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor, it is very much appreciated.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a well maintained hotel in a really good location in London. Lots of hustle bustle going on in the streets outside.
Rooms are fine very clean and a good size for the centre of London.
However it is the staff that make this a friendly place to visit and is the main reason I select it as my first choice whenever I am working in London.
Located right next to Warren St underground and an easy walk form Oxford St shops and the wonderful selection of restaurants around Charlotte St this hotel has a lot going for it.

Room Tip: Try and avoid the front of the hotel as it can get a bit noisy with Ambulances (hospital over the ro...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Roamingboy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay at Radisson on your recent visit to London.

I am absolutely thrilled to read your wonderful comments and that the team are the main reason you return to the Grafton! Rest assured I will pass on your kind comments to the entire hotel.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,