“The best spot in London Central” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #357 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Jakarta, Indonesia
“The best spot in London Central”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

It was a very indeed easy experience staying in this wonderful unique Edwardian hotel in City central. Next to the hotel is the Warren Street tube station, I knew it that I needed to travel around to my HQ everyday and it took only 25minutes max from here. But the most important thing, within walking distance I can anything I want while staying as a strangers in London. Coffee shops, Groceries, and other shopping essentials are perfectly located at the neighbourhood.

The best part staying in this hotel is the room and the atmosphere... I just fall in love with this hotel easily, I seldom say a direct compliment to the front desk officer.
This time, I said it out laud ... I will be back when I visit London next time when my project will be rolled out in Winter 2014.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room when you want to have a good rest, sometime the room facing the street will h...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton.

I am absolutely delighted you had such a great experience with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Again, another hotel that's better than average but not very good. Good is how i would rate it. Stayed for 2 nights over a weekend. The location is superb. It probably cannot be beaten. 2 tube stations within a 3 minute walk and another maybe 10 minutes away. 20 minute walk to traf square etc. Walked home from Soho in 20 minutes. Stayed in London loads of time so the location of this is it's best selling point. Breakfast in bed was very very good. Good food and most importantly was nice and hot when served. Rate for B&B approx 180gbp per night - not cheap but given location and breakfast included wasn't bad I guess. Staff that we encountered were all nice enough. The first room we had was ok - a reasonably good size and the main bedroom had been renovated fairly recently I would say. 2 problems though - the shower absolutely poured water onto the floor - the seals were broken I think. Not the end of the world but the climate control didn't work at all and as such the room was stifling hot all night (mid October). Moved for the second night - a smaller room though which was a bit annoying (I would have thought you should be upgraded if the room has an issue and not downgraded!) We didn't mind too much anyway as we would be out all day but maybe one of the mangers should note this! The climate control in the second room was average - it kept the room at maybe 21/22 degrees so we slept fine. It wouldn't go any lower than this although I selected on the indicator 15 degrees - in reality it was nowhere near that. I don't think the hotel has any proper A/C so in the middle of summer there may be issues with heat. The 2 rooms were fairly quiet both from road noise and internal noise. Both rooms had a double bed but it was not like any other double bed in a hotel I’ve stayed in before from the point of view of width. Very narrow and we’re both slim! It was comfortable though. Couple of other things – both rooms had issues with the safe – the first one the door jammed when closing so you might think that you had it locked when in fact it wasn’t and if you pulled hard at it, it would open. The second room the safe was sitting on a shelf secured to nothing. I joke you not. I literally picked it up in my hands and could have put it into a suitcase if I desired. As somebody else said maintenance in the hotel needs to be looked at – these are all pretty basic things. Would I stay here again? Probably given its location but I would ensure the climate control is working before unpacking!!!

Room Tip: Check the climate control works before unpacking!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank max29
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Max29,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on your recent trip to London.

It is disappointing to read that you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused due to the faulty air conditioning in your room. I have highlighted the issues raised with the Hotel Management team so that they can look into them and take the necessary corrective steps to resolve any of the issues.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our location. It is also encouraging to know that you would return on that basis as it allows us an opportunity to give you a memorable stay for the right reasons.

Next time you are planning a stay with us I would appreciate it if you contacted me prior to your arrival so that I can ensure everything is to your complete satisfaction. I am easily reached via the hotel reception.

Kindest regards,
Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed at Grafton for 3 nights in early October with a couple of friends. My overall impression was exceptional. There is a nice clean lobby to welcome you, the checkout was smooth and fast. The staff is very pleasant and willing to bend over backwards to fulfil your needs. The rooms are very clean and unusually equipped and the room service is accommodating and responsive, but the highlight of my stay was definitely the breakfasts. Whether you prefer tasty classic full english or just light one with a lot of fresh fruits you'll be satisfied. The only little flaw I would say was the size of the room, but considering the enormous king-size bed it was just fine. I didn't come there to dance after all. Walking distance to Oxford street is just a cherry on the top.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ondrej F
Dear Ondrej F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! Thank you also for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel on your recent trip to London.

I am overjoyed to hear that you found the staff so accommodating – they truly are wonderful people to work with. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team.

Thank you also for highlighting how great our delicious breakfast is, so much variety and choice to keep you satisfied until lunch time.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed here from 26th October for 3 nights. We had a family room for my daughter, 2 grand daughters and myself. There was a super sized double bed which gave us enough space not to bump into each other lol. There was a sofa bed for the kids (12 and 10) which was big enough to accommodate them and they are not small kids. The room was immaculate, the bathroom spacious and overall a very comfortable room. The breakfast was absolutely amazing. It was fresh, including a lovely hot buffet and amazing fresh strawberries, blackberries and melon. My daughter overheard an American lady say (as she piled her plate high) " there just isn't a very good variety" Well, I honestly don't know what people want. There was bacon, scrambled egg, delicious mushrooms, sausages, beans, tomato, creamy yummy yogurt, croissants, deli meats and they served the most beautiful wholemeal and white toast. My grand daughter loves porridge and it was available on request. More I cannot even remember. Yum, I'm making myself hungry!
The location is superb. If you cross the road, cut down the street, to the street parallel you can catch a no 10 bus which takes you right up Oxford Street. Alternatively, the tube is literally to the left of the Hotel (Warren Street). On our third night we just wanted a quick meal, two of us got noodles from an amazing place to the left of the hotel and 2 got McDonalds, situated to the right of the Hotel!!
If you turn left immediately into the next street and walk about 20mins you are at Madame Tussauds (btw, try and get vouchers from cereal boxes or Sainsburys and save yourself money). Also, visit the Tiger shop straight up Tottenham Crt Road, very cheap!
Anyway, I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, the staff are super friendly on the Reception desk and in the restaurant (breakfast) which is where we encountered them.

Room Tip: You are on a busy road, the traffic noise didn't bother us as we were exhausted at the end of th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dramaqueen50
Dear DramaQueen50,

WOW!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel.

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your room! It is so motivating to read that your complimentary comments, I will be sure to pass this on to the entire Grafton Team.

I think you have covered everything a traveller would need to know when choosing accommodation, enabling our guests to make an informed decision. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back I the very near future.

Kind Regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Handy location, excellent food and service make this an obvious accessible spot for an early meeting in London. The buffet is excellent and freshly squeezed OJ surprisingly good for such northern climes. It's also a great spot for an after-work drink if that grabs your fancy too

1 Thank InLondonAgain
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear InLondonAgain,

Thank you so much for sharing such a great review with us on Trip Advisor!

I am absolutely delighted to share your comments about breakfast with Chef who will be so pleased to know that you found his food excellent!

Indeed, Trunk Bar is the perfect place to wind down after a busy day to relax.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Washington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights and nothing could have been better. Chris, the bar manager, was superb as was Gabriella who was an exemplary hostess. Hassan at breakfast added much appreciated humour to the early proceedings.

Food was splendid at all times and, again, could not be faulted.

Having the gym on hand was a real bonus.

I come to London a great deal on business. first time at this hotel though I have used others under the Radisson banner. This hotel is way ahead of any other I have used in London. I will definitely use it again whenever possible.

Many thanks for making my stay so restful and worthwhile.

The Crossword Man

1 Thank Ian G
Dear Ian G,

Wow! What a great review – Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. It is very much appreciated.

The Chef and his team will be thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your food.

I would really appreciate an opportunity to thank you in person – It would be wonderful if you could contact me next time you are staying. I can be easily reached via reception.

Look forward to your return.

Shropshire / UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Perfect location easy to get to from Euston. Service was excellant. The room was perfect it had everything we needed for our stay. The air-con worked well and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were all very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We had a meal that was beautifully cooked and served and was reasonably priced for London. I could not find find fault with anything. We will visit again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Oswestrian
Dear Oswestrain,

I am delighted that you had an excellent stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton! May we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for choosing to stay at our hotel.

It is extremely motivating to hear that you could not find fault with anything! I will be sure to pass your kind comments to rest of the Grafton team who will ne thrilled to know they made a difference to your stay.

I trust we will have pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.