“Great hotel, great location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #354 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Northern Ireland
“Great hotel, great location”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed here from 26th October for 3 nights. We had a family room for my daughter, 2 grand daughters and myself. There was a super sized double bed which gave us enough space not to bump into each other lol. There was a sofa bed for the kids (12 and 10) which was big enough to accommodate them and they are not small kids. The room was immaculate, the bathroom spacious and overall a very comfortable room. The breakfast was absolutely amazing. It was fresh, including a lovely hot buffet and amazing fresh strawberries, blackberries and melon. My daughter overheard an American lady say (as she piled her plate high) " there just isn't a very good variety" Well, I honestly don't know what people want. There was bacon, scrambled egg, delicious mushrooms, sausages, beans, tomato, creamy yummy yogurt, croissants, deli meats and they served the most beautiful wholemeal and white toast. My grand daughter loves porridge and it was available on request. More I cannot even remember. Yum, I'm making myself hungry!
The location is superb. If you cross the road, cut down the street, to the street parallel you can catch a no 10 bus which takes you right up Oxford Street. Alternatively, the tube is literally to the left of the Hotel (Warren Street). On our third night we just wanted a quick meal, two of us got noodles from an amazing place to the left of the hotel and 2 got McDonalds, situated to the right of the Hotel!!
If you turn left immediately into the next street and walk about 20mins you are at Madame Tussauds (btw, try and get vouchers from cereal boxes or Sainsburys and save yourself money). Also, visit the Tiger shop straight up Tottenham Crt Road, very cheap!
Anyway, I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, the staff are super friendly on the Reception desk and in the restaurant (breakfast) which is where we encountered them.

Room Tip: You are on a busy road, the traffic noise didn't bother us as we were exhausted at the end of th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dramaqueen50
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear DramaQueen50,

WOW!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel.

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your room! It is so motivating to read that your complimentary comments, I will be sure to pass this on to the entire Grafton Team.

I think you have covered everything a traveller would need to know when choosing accommodation, enabling our guests to make an informed decision. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back I the very near future.

Kind Regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Handy location, excellent food and service make this an obvious accessible spot for an early meeting in London. The buffet is excellent and freshly squeezed OJ surprisingly good for such northern climes. It's also a great spot for an after-work drink if that grabs your fancy too

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank InLondonAgain
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear InLondonAgain,

Thank you so much for sharing such a great review with us on Trip Advisor!

I am absolutely delighted to share your comments about breakfast with Chef who will be so pleased to know that you found his food excellent!

Indeed, Trunk Bar is the perfect place to wind down after a busy day to relax.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Washington, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights and nothing could have been better. Chris, the bar manager, was superb as was Gabriella who was an exemplary hostess. Hassan at breakfast added much appreciated humour to the early proceedings.

Food was splendid at all times and, again, could not be faulted.

Having the gym on hand was a real bonus.

I come to London a great deal on business. first time at this hotel though I have used others under the Radisson banner. This hotel is way ahead of any other I have used in London. I will definitely use it again whenever possible.

Many thanks for making my stay so restful and worthwhile.

The Crossword Man

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ian G
Dear Ian G,

Wow! What a great review – Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. It is very much appreciated.

The Chef and his team will be thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your food.

I would really appreciate an opportunity to thank you in person – It would be wonderful if you could contact me next time you are staying. I can be easily reached via reception.

Look forward to your return.

Shropshire / UK
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Perfect location easy to get to from Euston. Service was excellant. The room was perfect it had everything we needed for our stay. The air-con worked well and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were all very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We had a meal that was beautifully cooked and served and was reasonably priced for London. I could not find find fault with anything. We will visit again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Oswestrian
Dear Oswestrain,

I am delighted that you had an excellent stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton! May we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for choosing to stay at our hotel.

It is extremely motivating to hear that you could not find fault with anything! I will be sure to pass your kind comments to rest of the Grafton team who will ne thrilled to know they made a difference to your stay.

I trust we will have pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on and off during October 2013. Really enjoyed the hotel, wonderful location. My only moan about this hotel is that breakfast is not served until 7am during the week. This is far too late for business customers. On the last occasion I was there, people were waiting outside for the breakfast room to open. 630 would be a better time, will the hotel do anything about this? Watch this space.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Gartree
Dear Gartree,

May we thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

I will of course pass your comments regarding the breakfast timings on to the Food and Beverage Manager so that he may look into adjusting this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

Lewes, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

The Grafton Hotel is conveniently located a little outside the centre but very close to Warren Street tube station. Check-in was quick and easy and we were delighted to be given an upgrade to a suite which had a terrace with views across to the nearby Post Office Tower. There are lots of excellent restaurants in the area, mainly in Charlotte Street and the friendly Northumberland Arms pub is almost next door and stays open late. All in all, the Grafton is a great choice and we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank David O
Dear David O,

I am so pleased to read that you had such a great stay with us!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor and for writing this review – It will certainly help other travellers make an informed decision when choosing accommodation.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Grafton hotel!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights
Check in process was very slow
When I got to the room it was so small
The air con would not work and it was boiling in room
They changed my room to a far bigger room but again no air con
They brought fans to the room and said they would give an explanation on morning this was not done
This hotel is not good value and lacks leadership when it had problems

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Stevewales44
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear SteveWales44,

May we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel.

It is really disheartening to read that we failed to deliver the service that we aim to for our guests. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to the air conditioning not working sufficiently in your rooms. Unfortunately, we did have an issue with one of the chillers of recent, hence the room being too warm. I would like to assure you that this issue has been resolved and that our air conditioning system is now in proper working order.