“Comfortable and central”

Ranked #355 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and central”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was the first time my husband and I took our three-month-old daughter away. The hotel was exceptionally busy with a large number of guests from the US due to the NFL in town (we had noted there were no deals that weekend and wondered what was on).

Desk staff were helpful when we arrived and ensured we had a larger room for the travel cot. Our room was not large so everything else must be much smaller. Room size is probably my only criticism. Our room was a perfectly good size as one of the larger ones the hotel had to offer. A travel cot was supplied and fitted by attentive and helpful staff.

The hair dryer was alright for a hotel one, we didn't use the minibar or the tea and coffee making facilities. The toiletries were very pleasant with a strong minty smell. The shower was powerful and nice and hot. The towels were soft and fluffy. The bed was extremely comfortable and we all slept well.

Breakfast was extremely busy but we had a good-sized table and the offer of a baby seat, which we declined as little one doesn't sit yet. The breakfast was extremely good. My husband declared the sausage of a superior standard. I particularly liked the grilled field mushrooms and tomatoes on the vine. I will always praise good mushrooms. The continental selection had just one variety of cheese but it was superior. Top notch spreads and quality bread set it off well.

In all we were extremely satisfied with our stay and would recommend it to anyone visiting London as it is right next to Warren Street tube and in easy walking distance of Oxford Street.

Room Tip: Ask for a king size room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nimmykins
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Nimmykins,

May we thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel on your recent visit to London. Thank you also for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you were able to relax sufficiently with the little one. Please accept my sincerest apologies that on this occasion the room allocated to you was not to your complete satisfaction, however I am pleased that is the only negative you found in our hotel! When you return I kindly ask that you contact me directly as I am sure I have a room that you will find more than comfortable.

What really is a pleasure to hear is how much you loved the breakfast! I have already passed on your comments to the Head Chef and his team who were all extremely pleased to hear such kind words and to be recognised for their efforts.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was in London on business and stayed overnight, very compact hotel friendly staff, room service was quick and the breakfast was very good. Room itself was on the small side even for a double, but was clean and had all one would need for an overnight stay

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel were very quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank GTX4500
Dear GTX4500,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel, I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay with us.

Please accept my apologies that on this occasion the room allocated to you was not to your complete satisfaction, however I am confident we have a room that will be prefect for you. When you are next visiting London I kindly ask that you contact me prior to your arrival so that I can ensure we have a spacious room allocated for your stay.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were in London for one night in order to go to a Westend show.The hotel is ideally located for walking to the theatres and close to an Underground station. It is also close to Regents Park. There are plenty of restaurants/pubs for eating at if you choose not to eat at the hotel.
The front of house staff were very attentive and friendly. Our room was spacious and clean and the bathroom was spotless with plenty of toiletries supplied. The wardrobe was quite small and there wasn't very much storage space but as we were there for one night only it wasn't a problem for us but a weeks worth of clothes for two may have been a bit of an issue. The hairdryer is in the desk drawer and has a tight lead that doesn't stretch to be able to see in a mirror - we mentioned this at checkout and were told that this was being looked into.
There was a good choice at the buffett breakfast and the waitress went off to find me some marmite.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Brenda P
Dear Brenda P,

May we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton, it is much appreciated.

I am delighted that you found the Grafton Team friendly and attentive, I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the entire hotel.

With regards to your room, please note I will highlight your feedback to the Hotel Management Team so that they may look into correcting this for future.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Merseyside, UK
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have never slept in a single bed since I was a teenager, nor slept in student accommodation. This was my room at over £200 per night. Claustrophobic box room. No room to swing a cat. Wardrobe wasn't full depth. Larger people couldn't fit into the shower. You can wash your hands whilst sitting on toilet as bathroom so small. Nowhere to put your own toiletries.
Waiter struggled to find somewhere to place breakfast tray as there was nowhere practical to put it. Free water and clean glasses covered in plastic wrapping was great. No individual toiletries which is environmentally beneficial

Room Tip: ensure you enquire as to room size on check-in!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jimb0151
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel. Thank you also for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

It is disappointing to read that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies that the room allocated to you on this occasion was not to your complete satisfaction. I have sent you a personal message so that I can see what room type you booked as we do have superior room types available. It would also be good for us to have this information for future stays to avoid any disappointment. I do urge guests to contact either myself or the Front Desk team prior to their arrival so that we can do our level best to meet requests which will help us in delivering the best service.

I am glad that you enjoyed our facilities, complimentary wireless internet and water. They are incredibly useful when travelling either for leisure or business.

Once again, please accept my extended apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused. If you are returning to London again and I can be of assistance with accommodation do not hesitate to contact me as I am confident we have a room that will be perfect for you.

Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We chose the hotel because of its location (near Euston train station and next to Warren St. tube) and also the price (good discount given if booked in advance). We needed one night only and thus did not expect much but were pleasantly surprised. The staff were very friendly, rooms were spacious (we had one twin and one double), clean and comfortable. When checking in we were asked if we wanted “quiet rooms” that is those away from the traffic on Tottenham Court Road. They were on the 4th floor but a bit far from the lifts (over an internal bridge) but well worth it. Another surprise was our dinner in the hotel restaurant. The restaurant was rather dimly lit but the food was absolutely delicious. Very tasty, imaginative and well presented and reasonably priced. I chose prawns with chillies on a bed of thin pineapple slices, followed by sea bass with asparagus. All excellent. I hope to be back when next in London for a good night sleep and a tasty meal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Magda O
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Magda O,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, it is much appreciated.

I am absolutely delighted that you had such a fantastic experience with us!! Head Chef and his Team will be especially pleased when they hear how much you’ve complimented their menu and that you found your dishes excellent.

Next time you are coming to London do not hesitate to contact me prior so that I can ensure that we exceed your expectations once again.

Kindest regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I want to start our and thank Sophia for her fantastic communication and customer service, her help in getting me an early check in after flying in from the US, you have no idea how nice it is to be able to shower and climb into bed for a few hours after travelling for 15+ hours, thank you! I also want to thank Trevor for all of your great help and directions; you do your job well.
Now onto the hotel, the location is fantastic, right by the “underground,” lots of great shops and restaurants, the location is an A+.
As for the rooms or at least my room, it was extremely small, the furniture and carpet were old, the AC was extremely loud and did not get the room very cold. I barely had space in the room to open up my suitcase, and that had to be done on the floor as there was no space anywhere else to open it.
The breakfast was adequate, not a big selection, the scrambled eggs were very watery and the sausages were swimming in grease, the Radisson could definitely step-up breakfast a few notches.

Hotels in London are very expensive, the Radisson was definitely the best deal around for what I paid, I was definitely expecting a better room.

If it wasn't for the great service, I would have rated the hotel "average."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank AlwaysGl0beTr0tting
Dear AlwaysGl0beTr0tting,

Thank you so much for highlighting what great leaders Sophia & Trevor are! They are a credit to the hotel and true ambassadors of the ‘YES I CAN’ way of service.

Please accept my apologies that the room allocated to you on this occasion was not to your complete satisfaction. Due to the age of the building the rooms do vary in size and layout, however I am sure we have a room that would be to your preferences. I have passed on your comments regarding the décor of the rooms to the Hotel Management team so that they can use this information for the future.

When you are next planning a trip to London I kindly ask that you contact me as I would appreciate an opportunity to show how incredible the Grafton hotel is. I am easily contacted via the Front Desk.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Reasonable value compared to what I have heard you can pay for afternoon tea (£17).

The scones were more like rock cakes but the sandwiches and cake were very nice. We were a bit early so the atmosphere wasn't there but nice staff and a good location next to Warren Street station

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John G
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
location next to Warren Street station

Dear John G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent dining experience in Trunk! Indeed our Afternoon Teas are extremely good value, especially in comparison to what other properties offer.

I have passed on your feedback regarding the scone and atmosphere to the Food and Beverage Manager so that he can make improvements where necessary.

On this note, I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.