“Not the quality that I expected from the price”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #366 of 1,069 Hotels in London
London, England, United Kingdom
“Not the quality that I expected from the price”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I took my girlfriend away for the weekend for her birthday. Arrived at the hotel, looked very nice, staff were very friendly. Expected a 4* hotel, the room way tiny, loud guests outside the door made it difficult to sleep. The fan/heating system was very loud. When turned off, you can hear the fans in the other rooms. The bed was extreamely uncomfortable, solid matress and hard pillows. Like I said, hotel is nice, room was not up to standard. Breakfast was ok but food was not fantastic, seemed as if it had been left out for a while. Not planning to stay there again.

2 Thank Lee H
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your time you have taken on post this review which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

Your comment on the noise and bed has been noted and will be discussed at our next product meeting. I regret, if this had been highlighted during your stay, we would have made the things right for you.

I sincerely hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Street Hotel sometime in the future.

Fasih Khan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (672)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times in recent years for work and on city breaks to London. My husband and I stayed here on return from holiday (for a long weekend) before heading back up North. We landed at Heathrow very early morning and went straight to the hotel even though we officially couldnt check in until early afternoon. Upon arrival a man on reception (from Durban) greeted us with a warm welcome, when we explained our situation he booked us in. Upon realising i had stayed here before, he upgraded us and after a short wait of half an hour (we had a cup of tea in the bar area) were allowed into our room. This service was greatly appreciated, as it meant we could freshen up and relax early than planned. The room was spacious and clean. The location is great for Warren St tube station to get around London, for getting back to Kings Cross and there are good cafes/supermarkets nearby. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CatFarrell01
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review about your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel and may I also express my gratitude for your continued support of the hotel - it is very much appreciated!

We would be delighted to welcome you back. I do hope on your next visit you will try one of our very special 'Strawberry Mojito's' or our signature Cocktail the 'Portmanteau' in our new bar “Trunk”.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great stay at the Grafton. Staff was very helpful and responsive. Location is excellent--shops and restaurants nearby plus the close proximity to Warren Street tube. There are many things to do that are walking distance as well. Our only complaint would be the music the generic thumping club music that was on constant loop in both restaurants/bars and the lobby. It was too loud and was a distraction from the otherwise stylish rooms.

Room Tip: We had a very nice room but it was on an alley that had service traffic early in the morning so if t...
1 Thank peeps63
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel.

I assure you that I have highlighted the issues raised regarding the music level to the relevant Head of Department. If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Scottish Borders, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have stayed here before and was happy to return, however, never again. I was booked into a single room on the top floor. You could amongst touch both sides of the room. Quite unacceptable for this standard of hotel. The temperature in the room was unbearable, I had left the air conditioning on cold for five hours before complaining. The air con just couldn't cope with the heat of the lights and the TV. I was switched to another room, but this was no better, the only problem was this was on the road side with all the noise, sirens etc. I spent a very uncomfortable night. I read from the other reviews comments from the management that the problems are because this is a converted nurses home, as though this is an acceptable excuse. This does not warrant the brand name radisson.

Room Tip: Make sure you are away from the street
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank themoustache
Dear Guest,

I was sorry to read that your stay was not to your complete satisfaction and may I assure you that I have highlighted the issues raised to the relevant Head of Department.

Grafton Hotel was not originally built to be a hotel so room sizes do vary and if a larger room is preferred we do offer upgrades for a reasonable supplement should extra space is preferred.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Grafton in person at some point in the future for you to restore your faith in the hotel. I am contactable via the Hotel should you wish to discuss your experience in more detail.

Fasih Khan.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel for a long weekend Fri - Mon in early May 2013.Hotel location is excellent being within walking distance of Euston Rail station. great transport links only a few yards from hotel entrance and within walking distance of theatres, bars, clubs etc.
Room was very clean and smart, and en-suite was very clean.
Stayed on a room only basis as wanted to experience the restaurants and bars of the city, however used the hotel bar / lounge a couple of times. drink prices not the cheapest (but it is hotel prices), and the music in the bar area was maybe a wee bit loud as we found ourselves raising our voices to be heard but overall a good non crowded place for a drink.
The room was tidied up each day by the housekeeping service to a very high standard and each day we arrived back from the city to find a different towel sculpture on our bed (nice touch).
would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London for location, cleanliness, and staff service.

3 Thank ian1314
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review about your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel.

We would be delighted to welcome you back! If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Hartlepool
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here over the bank holiday weekend for a short stay in london. Location was perfect as Warren street station is literally next door. King cross is also just a short commute away.
There are bars and shops literally next door and over the road which was very handy.

I upgraded my room stay on arrival to a business class suite, which i have to say is not worth it in the slighest. This is the second suite in the UK i have upgraded in a radisson property and yet again i was left dissapointed. Nothing about the room or the size of it made it worth the extra cost. One major problem was the fact the aircon was broken and the mattress was also very sunken and well slept in. Needs an update to be honest.

Breakfast was first class and the bar wasnt too bad either. Service was very good.
Probably will not return to this particular hotel, but will try other radissons across london

Room Tip: Dont upgrade (not worth the cost) try not to get a room on the west side of the building as the hos...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your balanced review about your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel.

May I assure you that I have discussed the issues raised with the relevant Head of Department so they may take the necessary actions to rectify any shortcomings.

I took note in particular your comments about the upgraded room, I wish this had been highlighted during your stay so that we get a chance to make the things right for you.

I really do hope that you decide to revisit us at some point in the near future as I would really appreciate an opportunity to surmount expectation which I am more than confident we are able to achieve and make up for this experience. I kindly ask that you contact me directly so that I can personally over see your booking.

United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed to attend a conference. Location perfect to walk from Euston station. I had a single room which was just big enough for one, but beautifully appointed, plenty of cupboard space with iron and board.Bathroom was spacious for a single. Bed very comfortable. Breakfast was ok, they did bring toast to order but i really didnt eat very much. Ate dinner in the hotel twice. First night was meal and service was great, the second night it seemed as if they were trying too hard. Every 10 minutes 4 different people asking if everything was ok.
The service during the conference was something all the attendees joked about. Either the coffee/tea service way too early or very late. We had to ring for lunch, then had to ring staff again to tidy up. The weirdest bit was that they seemed reluctant to provide bottled water. Some of the overseas participants actually asked whether there was a problem with water shortage in London!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I was sorry to read about the delay in service in conference room and may I assure you that I have highlighted the issues raised to the relevant Head of Department so they may investigate further and take any action necessary to ensure such issues do not reoccur.

May I offer my sincere apologies.