“Do not expect lavish room-sizes but a convenient central London location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #353 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Do not expect lavish room-sizes but a convenient central London location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just outside the Warren Street Underground station! On Tottenham Court road, this hotel is conveniently surrounded by at least 5 underground stations in less than a kilometer radius. One of them is Euston Square which also gives trains connectivity. If you can pull out time, the busy shopping area of Oxford Street is less than a kilometer away which you can easily walk down. Though room sizes and Lifts are small, the rooms are well appointed and well furnished. I had the sad experience of locker not working in the room, but the customer service team was prompt to acknowledge it on email. I was also pleasantly surprised to see the number of associates they have put up in the busy lobby to do effective lobby management. Don't miss the nice and hot breakfast if you are staying there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed review on Tripadvisor.

I trust others travellers will find your review helpful and very much look forward to welcome you back to the Radisson-Blu Edwardian Grafton, sometime in the near future. If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via hotel.

Fasih Khan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This place has the ideal location for public transport, just a few steps from the Warren Street tube station and a bus stop for several important lines just outside. For London standards, the rooms are well designed and well equipped. Our standard room at this stay faced an inner court yard and was a bit gloomy, but it was large and had a shining bathroom. One big disappointment though, and this is not the first time at a Radisson hotel: the bedclothes. My travel companion, with a penchant for hyperbole, said “this is what you expect from a student dormitory in [small town in a ex Communist country]. If the rate is OK, I might give Radisson a try again, otherwise I will go for some of the other top brands that actually make an effort to invest extra in the core of a hotel experience, the bed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luxotraveller
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments on our Location and room standards.

The inner rooms do not have a great view but these room are very quite – a rarity in Central London.

We use high thread cotton sheet that is an industry standard but I would welcome any suggestion for the product development team. We are prepared to take any steps to deliver the least expected – A good night sleep. We just invested almost two millions for the soft refurbishment of the Hotel and introduction of a new bar “TRUNK“I do hope on your next visit you will have a moment to relax in the bar with one of our fantastic cocktails.

If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked 3 rooms at this hotel several months ago, two single rooms and one twin room. I did some mailing with them (I used the hotels email adress, which obviously was not directly connected to the hotel. How could I know that?) because I had a couple of requests. Nothing big at all, just a question! The service by mail was very good, so was it on the telephone when I called two days before our arrival. This was necessary because one in our party has an illness and I wanted to make sure that everything was in order.
As I said, very good service by phone, I even got three room numbers that the person booked for us right the and then. When we arrived, we were not expected at all! I showed my booking confirmation which I had on paper. It clearly said what I had booked. One of the - not nice - women in the reseption, in spite of the confirmation, insisted that my booking was two double rooms. When I showed them the three room numbers I had got, one actually said to the other "Don't mind that"!!
After a lot of struggle, me and my daughter had our rooms. It was almost three o'clock, but the two others were asked to come back in half an hour to get a twin room. We then went out for a couple of hours, and when we got back, they ONCE AGAIN were asked to show their passports. What kind of communication is this on a Radisson Hotel???
The room they got was a SMALL room with a DOUBLE bed! My couisin went down and asked kindly if they could have another room, and was met by a really grumpy man behind the counter. My patience was far gone already, and I really had to pull myself together not to yell at the people working there. They got another room, big but ice cold with a noisy air condition. In my room there were no remote control to the television. Small things gets vert big when you have this kind of experience!
Unfortunately we had prepaid the rooms. If this hadn't been the case, I would have found us another hotel right away. This was the first trip to London for two in my family. They should have experienced a nice welcome at a hotel like this. I have never paid very much attention to reviews that mentions bad service, but now I see what they mean.
I chose this hotel because it looked ok on Tripadvisor. I believe one of the reasons that they have a quite high score is that too many people who have had a experience here, don't complain!
I will never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank mettew10
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback with regard to your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback as this enables us to review and improve our service levels. My sincere apologies that there were a number of issues that impacted your stay.

I will ensure the communication is read to all Heads of Departments to ensure that any request is recorded and depending on availability immediately materialised. We expect the staff to be more empathetic, usually we get good comments but clearly on this occasion we let ourselves down.

Once again I am sorry that the Grafton did not meet your expectations. I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Please contact me directly so that I can personally oversee the reservation details.

Kind regards
Alicante, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel has a small but welcoming entrance lobby. The interior decor in the lounge and bar area is very tasetful and relaxing. All the staff are very helpful and welcoming, especially the bar staff. The food is great with some very snazzy plates to share at the bar - and a few plates of complimentary snacks provided in the early evening. Breakfast is what you would expect of a ´Full English´(including white pudding!) and a load of cold meats, fruits, cereals, pastries and healthy options. The rooms are a little dark due to the small windows but the beds are very comfortable. Overall a great hotel experience in the centre of London with great eating places all around and a tube station outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking Tottenham Ct road.
1 Thank sandarab
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words, we do enjoy a wonderful location.

I hope on your next visit you will have time to enjoy one of our fantastic cocktails in our new bar “Trunk” – all of them are prepared by our top Mixologists!

Cobh, Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

12th-15th March 2013
£530 for 3 nights accommodation (without breakfast) was a high price to pay for a small room. On arrival, I was surprised I had to provide passport details because of not been a UK resident. Strange, that I can get into the country with a drivers license but not into the hotel ?. The reception area is nice but my checkin and checkout experience was not (On checkout, I was moved along by the moody receptionist on Friday morning).
The restaurant is nice, there is a large screen TV for the soccer and the food is tasty albeit pricey and slow to serve (40 mins for a burger and chips). There is also a small gym.
I was disappointed with the room, very small and especially the bathroom.
Overall, average for the price....disappointed with the room size....would recommend it for an overnight stay on business, if the company is picking up the tab.....otherwise there are plenty of other hotels close to Tottenham Court/Warren Street/Great Portland/Euston Square areas

Room Tip: I think my room was 323.....small !
1 Thank walshp4
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel on your recent stay in London and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Apologies for the inconvenience at the check in, we do need a form of ID at check in. It could be a passport or a photo ID/Driving Licence for EU Citizens.

Knowing that price is a very subjective issue, we do regularly check our rates against other comparable four star properties to ensure that we reflect the right level of tariff and we are considerably favourable in current high demands for London.

I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, please contact me directly via hotel so that I can allocate a room of your choice.

Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed for one Saturday night in December. The room looked small but ok at first glance but was impractically designed and a bit grubby (dubious stains on the bed covers and the bathroom was dirty). The lighting in the room was awful as there were no bedside lamps meaning you had to lie in bed with spotlights on. It was also really noisy with poor sound insulation, it sounded like the windows were permanently open - not great when you face onto TCR. The curtains also didn't fit well meaning it never got fully dark

We had breakfast in the room, which was poor - cold and tasteless. The shower also didn't work and we had no hot water. When we told the staff this, they were not bothered and didn't even apologise. I would never stay there again as there are plenty of better hotels at better value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clarinda_Vine
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed review.

I was so sorry to read your comments and would like to take this opportunity of offering you my personal apologies for the inconvenience and frustrations you have experienced.

I will certainly be following up your feedback with the departments concerned in order to avoid any reoccurrences of the situations you have explained in your review.

If you do decide to return, which I do very much hope, please contact me so I can personally oversee your reservation and perhaps have the opportunity of meeting with you.

Alicante, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We used this hotel for business meetings, and stayed for a week.
The facilties are very good, and it makes quite an impression. But the best thing was the customer service. The staff were incredibly helpful, and did everything they could to make our stay as comfortable as possible.
Some of the rooms overlook Tottenham Court Road and are noisy, but we just asked to change rooms and that was done instantly. The rooms at the back are very quiet. However, there are lots of stairs in the place, which was not great with a heavy suitcase.
Breakfast was delicious, except for the tea, which was definitely not PG Tips, and service in the restaurant and bar attentive and quick. Pricy, but I would happily stay there again

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you dont want to be kept awake all night
1 Thank elenasb13
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words, we do enjoy a wonderful location.