“Hotel to avoid”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #371 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Lobby looks great but that's it ! Rooms are dirty, amenities very poor quality,heating system not working, if you got a room on the street yu wont sleep, they are not insulated and there is a huge hospital in the area so i've heard siren all night from ambulances. Wifi is working half of the time, and even if you leave your room at 730 AM and put a "please clean the room" on the door at 3PM your room wont be cleaned ! hotel to avoid

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Pascal P
Stacey J, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Pascal P,

May we thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel. May we thank you also for taking the time to share your experience with us as we do appreciate all feedback – positive and negative – as this is the tool we use to measure ourselves both as a hotel and as an organisation.

It is very disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that the room allocated to you on this occasion was not to your complete satisfaction. Be assured I have passed on your comments to the Hotel Management team so they may investigate the issues you have highlighted. This is most definitely not a true display of the service we provide.

I do hope we have an opportunity in the future to welcome you back to the hotel. I kindly ask that you contact me prior to your arrival so I may over see all aspects of your reservation. I am easily contacted via the hotel reception.

Kindest Regards,
Stacey Jasiewicz
Guest Relations Officer

Write a ReviewReviews (4,760)

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Was taken here for a birthday weekend and we were looking forward to it. It looks the part but the service and room were awful.

Room 138 is tiny, with a small double bed that you can just squeeze past. The heating controls didn't work so it was cold, there was no free wi-fi as advertised and the bathroom was also very small.

It is also noisy from the corridor and the street and to make things worse the fire alarm went off at least eight times in the night. At 5am I phoned to see what the problem was to get a gruff and short reply.

The same differential attitude we got everytime we raised something or get a service. I tried to order pizza before the 11pm cut-off only to be talked out and then told its past 11pm and not available.

Really disappointing, will be giving this hotel a wide berth.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Emma H
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel almost every week for the last three months. The reception is one of the most efficient and the staff remember you! I usually always get the room I request and the breakfast staff are fabulous. They remember my name and ensure that we get to sit together. The size of the rooms do vary so it's best to request. I always stay at the back of the hotel either facing inwards or out towards the back streets that way it's much quieter than the front of the hotel which is opposite one of the busiest hospitals in London so ambulance sirens scream all night and the busses wake you up in the morning.

Breakfast is good compared to many London hotels but the fresh fruit items tend to run out by 0900 so get down early.

Room Tip: Ask to be across the back over the corridor preferably facing inwards (quietest rooms great nights s...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank FortyEngland
Reviewed January 10, 2013

What can u say I loved this hotel. Staff were super friendly and helpful. The meals through rooms service are pretty good value. The free gym was a god send after 9 days on the road. Managed to get an excellent deal as well. All in all I will only rave about the place as it was just excellent.

• Stayed: January 2013
Neilduffen, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel. I hope you are well & would like to say a big thank you for taking the time to post us a review on TripAdvisor, it is much appreciated.

If I can be of any assistance in regards to this particular booking or a future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly either at the hotel or via our Facebook page.

I hope we can welcome you back again to the Grafton very soon.

Kind Regards,
Niall Baker

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights, checking out on 7th January 2013. I am 20 weeks pregnant and due to being unwell was told to avoid the trip or else take it really easy if I did go. I decided to go anyway & try to relax in the hotel as much as possible so I followed my husband on a later flight to London.
My husband had booked a standard room but since cirumstances had changed & I was to spend more time in the hotel, he explained the situation on checking in & asked if it would be possible to have an upgrade. An upgraded room was offered, but at a cost of £40 extra per night. Although it would have been a nice touch if the hotel had offered this complimentary or even at a reduced cost, my husband went ahead with the upgrade at an extra £120.
When I arrived later that evening I was very pleased with the room, which was clean and spacious with a super kingsize bed. It was overlooking Tottenham Court Road, and although a little noisy, I was content to accept this in light of a front facing view.
The staff were friendly & helpful throughout our stay. The hotel could not have been closer to the underground (Warren Street Station) which was so convenient for getting around. The bar was contemporary and relaxing & although we didn't eat in the hotel there seemed to be a decent variety of food on offer. It is also worth noting that the bed was extremely comfortable!

The negatives we experienced were quite minor things but, considered in context, they proved very annoying and inconvenient & l feel they let the hotel down overall. The first issue was with the toilet (Room 310). 1-2 mins after being flushed, the pipes made a terribly loud, high pitched squealing noise, which meant we couldn't flush during the night without wakening each other (and probably the guests on either side)! The second issue was with housekeeping. The upgraded room included a large bottle of 'complimentary' water which we drank on the first night. The bottle was removed by housekeeping the following day but was not replaced until day 3! Also on day 3 our room was serviced but we were left without any toilet roll and we had to go looking for a member of housekeeping who then handed us one roll! Although these are small things, considering we were paying an extra £40 per night for the room upgrade, we should not have had these problems.
The third & most annoying issue of all was that every time we left our room, the key never worked on our return. This happened throughout our 3 night stay. Several times I returned ahead of my husband because I needed to rest. I got all the way to the room (which was down a fairly lenghty corridor) only to find the key would not work in the lock & I had to go all the way down to reception and back up again. This might not have bothered me so much if I was not pregnant & under doctors orders to take things easy! But the fact that it happened repeatedly was just unacceptable. On our last evening my husband was told that one of the machines the staff were using to cut the keys, was not working properly, and that's what had caused the problem.
Finally, since returning home, I realised I left a necklace behind in the room. I remember it was sitting on top of the keyboard inside the dresser drawer. I rang the hotel yesterday and spoke to housekeeping who took the details and said they would call me back. I still haven't heard back from them!
Overall, this is a nice hotel and the location is brilliant. Staff are generally helpful and friendly and it has the potential of being excellent. However, our particular stay was unfortunately tainted by a series of minor shortcomings that could probably have been avoided with a little more care and attention to detail! If we hadn't experienced this chain of negative issues, I would have been giving the hotel a rating of 'Excellent'.

Room Tip: Beware of the noisy toilet in Room 310!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel on your recent stay in London and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to read that minor issues affected your stay to be excellent. May I thank you again for bringing the highlighted issues to our attention and may I offer my sincere apologies on behalf of the hotel.

Please be assured that I have personally followed up with the relevant Head of Department to ensure that such issues do not reoccur.

I would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and I would be grateful if you would contact me via the hotel so we may arrange something special for you.

Kind regards
Fasih Khan

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in January and would like to recommend this to other travellers , the breakfast was excellent and the Supervisor Hassan and staff have to be complimented on outstanding service. Hassan went out of his way to accomodate us on two occasions when we had to leave early for tours.
The location is excellent and they are very willing to help you in every way . The rooms are comfortable and even the housekeeping staff are friendly and helpful . We had first class service .
We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you for posting such a detailed and wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

This is exactly what we aim to achieve 100% guest satisfaction. Your kind words are a great help in keeping us motivated to provide this level of service for each and every guest. My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I believe our service delivery and attitude is fundamentally the most important aspect affecting a hotel stay and I am extremely please to read that we had ticked all the boxes.

I trust others travellers will find your review helpful and very much look forward to welcome you back to the Radisson-Blu Edwardian Grafton sometime in the near future.

Warm regards,
Fasih Khan

Reviewed January 6, 2013

As I'm currently working on Strand this hotel is perfect for me. At the north end of Tottenham Court Road it's in a great location, and only about 10 minute tube ride to Charing Cross. There are too many shops, bars and restaurants nearby to mention, and a number of sports facilities too. The hotel itself is nicely decorated, and the staff very friendly. As I'm a regular, many of the staff members know me by name, which is a nice touch. None of the rooms are ridiculously small, with the king rooms being massive. Rooms are well equipped with everything you'd expect (irons, TVs, kettles, plenty of tea and coffee, shower gel and shampoo) and are usually a decent temperature (which is easily altered regardless). They use refillable shower gel, shampoo, hand wash and moisturiser bottles, which is better for the environment than those silly single use disposable bottles and soaps you often get, and there's an option to tell the cleaners not to clean the room, meaning you really can use the same towels two days running. I can't really comment on value for money as my company gets a corporate rate (which I don't pay anyway), but this is always my first choice for stays in central London.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve_B_333
Stacey J, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

May we thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for sharing you review with us on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to read that we continue to deliver the level of service our guests expect. We strive to create an experience in hospitality that our guests do not forget. I am delighted that we have ticked all the boxes!!

If I can be of any assistance with making future reservations do not hesitate to let me know.

Kindest Regards,