“oh dear”

Ranked #356 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Glasgow, Scotland
“oh dear”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

used to enjoy staying in Radissons but those days are gone. The room was ok. The breakfast was awful and I wanted to take a hammer to the intrusive muzak. The details of the breakfast are too boring to recount but I think the highlight was when I asked the waiter to take my coffee away and replace it with some hot, fresh coffee. He didn't seem remotely surpised nor apologetic.
There are plenty of acceptable hotels within 5 minutes walk such as the melia or even the holiday Inn. Why did I stay there? - my client booked me in, but that won't be happening again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Malky
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Malky,

May we thank you for taking the time submit your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all feedback, regardless of whether it is positive or negative, as it imperative to the success of the hotel.

I apologise that on this occasion we were unable to deliver the experience we wish all our guests to leave the hotel with and that breakfast was unsatisfactory.

If you are visiting the area again and would reconsider giving the hotel another chance then please contact me directly.

Once again, I am truly sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused during your stay with us.

Guest Relations Officer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bantry, Ireland
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in November. Very nice hotel with very friendly staff. Nothing was too much for them to do! Parking a vehicle from overseas was a bit of an issue for me. We had 8 people in a mini bus but no parking or cost issues with parking in the city! This should be sorted for overseas visitors to the city!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Fionnbarwalsh
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Fiannbarwalsh,

May we thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you had such a great time, your comments about the Grafton team will motivate them to continue with their efforts to deliver excellent service to each and every guest.

With regards to parking, I apologise that you had difficulties. We do offer a valet car parking service which is available 24 hours. For more information on this you can call reception or simply go online to our website.

If there is anything else I can be of assistance with anything do not hesitate to contact me.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

i thoroughly recommend the Grafton hotel. The hotel is perfectly located and the staff are very professional with a warm and friendly approach... I am a regular business traveller to London and have now cancelled all other hotels to transfer to the Grafton... THANKS

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back... its quieter but its Central London and you need to expect a bit of noi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Derek C,

WOW!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us, it is very much appreciated.

It’s such a joy to know that you enjoyed your stay so much that our hotel is now your hotel of choice!! Hearing comments such as this makes it all worth while. Next time your staying, contact me prior to your arrival so that I can make sure we have all your preferences in the system and continue with this level of service.

Once again Derek C, THANK YOU! I am easily contacted via the hotel reception desk or via customer services.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hotel has a modern design. Stayed twice to date. Both rooms excellent. Empty fridge for personal use is a nice touch as is fresh water bottle every day.
Staff very helpful and friendly.
Close to kings x station by walking should the tubes be down. Only ten min walk from soho and covent garden.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear NikBurns,

May we thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay so much, we really appreciate feedback from our guests, it’s a great indicator for us to know what our guests want! The Grafton team will be delighted to know that they made a difference to your stay. Thank you also for highlighting our great location!!

I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, if there is anything further we can do to make your stay more enjoyable do not hesitate to let me know. I am easily contacted via Front Desk or Customer services.

Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Was a very good hotel, staff were friendly and welcoming. i was able to check in earlier than expecvted which helped as i was going to an event at trafalgar square. room was clean and was more than adequate for me on my own, i reported a problem with the tv on my way out which was fixed by the time i returned at 1600.

The brekfast was a nice selection and allowed for different choices, restaurant staf were were very efficent and polite. Location is spot on for travelling and for oxford street and tottenham court road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank buzzuk27
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Buzzuk27,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel!!

Your comments will serve as a great motivator for the Grafton Team, as there is truly nothing better then hearing that you have done a good job! I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

If I can be of assistance with making reservations do not hesitate to let me know, I am easily contacted via reception or customer services.

newcastle-under-lyme, staffs
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here on Sunday 28th October for one night, having not booked it until last minute, I was attending a conference the next day just off Regent St., so the location was walkable for me from the Hotel on Monday. The Hotel is right at the top of Tottenham Court Rd, by Warren St., tube st., the access for parking to unload outside the Hotel is limited, and is very busy, even on a Sunday afternoon, but when checking in, I asked the member staff on reception who was booking me in, how long I could leave my car there, and he said maybe 5-10 mins max, I said I was displaying my blue disabled badge, he then asked, where I would like my room, ie, at the rear where its quiet etc., I said preferably near a lift so that I don't have far to walk , he then said, "thats no problem, and just looking at your single reservation, you'll need a larger room, so I'll up grade your booking to a King size room, you'll find it more comfortable and spacious" , and he got me near to a lift too!, and after checking in, he said, I'll take your bag's to your room for you whilst you park your car, I offered him a tip for his extra trouble, but he declined. I was amazed on how helpful this reception member of staff was, without any prompting from me. The room was very nice, spacious and very clean too. I can't find a negative to say about this hotel, and would most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: the reception staff who dealt with me asked where and what my room location would suit me.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank john b
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear John b,

This is really great! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us and fro choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton.

We always love to know that our guests have left the hotel with the best possible memories!! your review will serve as a great thank you to the Grafton team. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the whole hotel!!

If you are planning any more visits to London and need accommodation do not hesitate to let me know. It would be my pleasure to make sure we continue to deliver the same level of excellence.

Once again, thank you truly for sharing this review with us.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is the 2nd time at a Raddison hotel, my first experience of this "company" using the term lightly, was making a booking at the Radisson Hampshire on Leicester Square, I was met at the door walked through to check in to be informed " we're full " and then being walked down a Leicester Square side street to a secondary overflow Radisson which does not have half the facilities of the hotel you have paid over £200 for!! But I was kindly told I can walk across Leicester Square to use them!!! You get the picture!!

I decided to give Radisson a second chance after excellent customer care and I truly believed that they valued me as a customer and they even complimentary upgraded me on this occasion.

I arrived at the hotel on the Saturday afternoon to be told there was a "problem" with my booking as I had a voucher, I was told that I had not followed procedures about booking with vouchers properly. Forseeing this issue I had printed out all the booking paperwork which proved that I had actually booked correctly, after deliberation the check in staff said everything was fine and I continued to check in.

The room was fine and I went about my Saturday in London.

I woke Sunday morning to walk down to Breakfast to find a scene of al I can say is carnage, there was a wait to be seated which I totally understood at a busy period and then I was seated at a dirty table, in fairness to the manager he told me it would be cleaned when I sat down so I did so and waited. A member of staff stood there waiting to lay my table but as it was dirty she could not so she just stood there!!! she was then having to shout across the dining room to somebody that had a cleaning cloth who could not hear her!! not professional nor expected from a 4 star London hotel!! A gentleman came to take my toast order which came but without butter, i then had to wait 15 minutes for the butter and a knife to arrive then the toast was cold!! It basically appeared that the staff simply could not cope with a busy sitting and all the hot food and plates etc were running out. They were that desparate to clear the waiting people that if you got up to get some cereal etc they we ushering new people to the table and if it was not for a couple sat next who were having the same nightmare then I would have stood tableless with a plate of food.

The day then went from bad to worse, the "problem" with my booking that was "resolved" on the Saturday amazingly re-appeared on the Sunday upon check out where I was told my voucher was not valid nor accepted and I would need to pay the full £216 room rate.

I told the check out staff that this was not acceptable and I wanted to talk to a manager and was seated in the bar, after 30 minutes of waiting a rude and abrupt member of staff informed me that I had booked incorrectly and should have booked directly through Radisson. When I presented her with the e-mail evidence I had done just that then she told me then that I should have booked through Virgin??????

I again informed her that this was not my error and she needed to sort this, her response was to leave me sat in the bar for another 30 minutes, which made my wait now an hour, her aggressive response was you will have to pay full rate as you have booked wrongly!! This was in full view of other guests which was embarassing and humiliating.

I asked to see a senior manager and waited a further 15 minutes leaving my check out wait at 1 hour 15 minutes. The senior manager came, sighed, told me I had booked wrongly (de ja vu) and that there was nothing he could do, his advice was to just pay the full amount and to call the next day. Again in full view of other customers and again really embarassing.

My wait was now at 1 hour 30 minutes and I was again told I would need to pay the full amount and by this point I informed the hotel that I would like the police called to resolve the issue as you cannot check in, agree an amount and 24 hours later try to tell the person that the problem that was sorted was a problem again, this is illegal, what is to stop them saying to any customer ok we agreed the room rate of £200 pounds but since you checked in there has been a problem and it should have been £500 pounds.

The manager then came back and said "give me another £60 and we will call it quits, it will be ok" I asked where he had plucked this figure from to which he did not reply.

After 1 hour and 40 minutes of waiting in recpetion I was told it was all sorted and I could leave??? no apology no nothing??

When I asked for a receipt I was told I did not need one!!

I have never been treated this shockingly in my life and the attitude of the female check in manager was down right rude, aggresive and lacked any customer care whatsoever.

I would never stay with Radisson in my life again, even if offered a free room I feel that strongly.

As you will see from other reviews I am not a serial complainer in fact the opposite and always mark highly when deserved.

I assume this will generate the generic we are really sorry to hear this response!!

My response is I am really sorry I chose Radisson and never ever again will this shower have my custom

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple