“Commercial yes - out of date upstairs - but what an amazing team and welcome!!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #367 of 1,069 Hotels in London
East Anglia
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had to go into London with one of my kids for a few days and I needed a central hotel - with twin beds, a quiet room, and a hearty breakfast.
I was already in town and via the internet and Superbreaks (??) I booked the most perfect room.
The hotel doesnt stand our well .. because you cant really see it on this busy street ... BUT the rather silver hall way makes up for it .. as all sorts of international people come through the door .... for this is a very busy hotel. Interestingly - many many of the Brits that came in were from the north .. Leeds .. York ... Doncaster and I have to say ... as originally from the north .. what a happy lot you are .... well mannered door openers in their droves .. I was very proud as I sat and waited for our room.

Anyway - in short for a central hotel .. the location is fab, the main lobby and dining area are up to date in a forced low energy light way ... the bedroom we had was a shocker ... tired and ready to berefreshed BUT clean and tidy it really didnt matter (we didnt pay the full rate as we booked at the very very last moment .. i would have yelled if I had perhaps!!!) That said - I have never seen a front door being cleaned so many times ... polish polish polish ... and a cheery ... See you soon Mrs. Ewart as we left ............

So what is special ????? THE STAFF ... I have not been somewhere for a long time where simply everyone is great .. the front desk .. the engineer that came to fix the hairdryer .. the breakfast staff..... ALL happy with the clients and happy with each other .... some manager some where is a clever person to get that so right.

In short if you want luxury and the best interior .... dont go here ... but if you want ...easy .. lovely ... and a tuby only a moment away .... go right ahead!!!

Room Tip: we did ask for a room at the back ..... well it turned out to be back .. in the next buidling .. sup...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relation Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear IDSUFFOLK,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and share such wonderful comments about our team and your fellow guests!!

It has been my pleasure to share your review with the Grafton team, it serves as a great motivator to keep us moving in the right direction and proves that above all, it is the team that make the difference!! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. I have taken on board your comments regarding the rooms, we are always striving to achieve the highest quality and make sure that everything is perfect for our guests, be sure your feedback hasn’t gone unheard and we will absolutely be looking into a touch up in the future.

For yourself and future guests, we also offer the best available rate online, this includes our special promotions and 20% off advanced bookings. Please go to our website for more information or simply enquire at Front Desk.

Once again, this was a great to review to read. The staff truly are very special and nothing is ever too much trouble. I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to hotel where we will do our level best to make sure we continue to deliver the standard of service we our proud to offer to our guests.

If I myself can be of assistance with making reservations, do not hesitate to let me know!! I am easily contacted via the hotel reception where I am based.

Guest Relations Officer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (672)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a good hotel conveniently located for business and pleasure. The reason for my high rating however is as follows: One night I sat in the bar with family and friends until around 1am. At around 1.30am I got a knock at my door and standing there was a member of staff with my wallet. I hadn't realized I had left it behind. So thank you for your kindness and helping me out. Unfortunately I was half asleep and surprised and I didn't really thank the gentleman adequately.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ian H
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Ian H,

This is such a wonderful example of how the Grafton team never fails to go the extra mile for our guests!! This particular member of our team has shown the true quality of the ‘YES I CAN’ attitude we look for! I will do my best to find this gentlemen and pass on your thanks. I’m sure he will be delighted to know that you appreciated his efforts to return your wallet didn’t go unnoticed and we of course will recognise this gesture of good will to thank him further.

For future reservation do not hesitate to let me know via customer service or the hotel reception.

Wales
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for the second time last November. Fantastic location, very central, 2 mins from Warren St tube.

Lovely rooms beds are very very comfortable didn't want to get out of it in the morning! Rooms have everything you need.

Reception very helpful will answer any questions. Enjoyed so much we are going back this December the weekend before Christmas and taking our little one with us and that says something because I'm very fussy!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank smokey01
Dear Smokey01,

THANK YOU!! We really appreciate that you have taken the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. It is so motivating to know that we have another delighted guest.

It would be wonderful to thank you in person and to arrange something special for the little one, simply email prior to your arrival with the details of your reservation and preferences so that I personally can oversee your booking!! I am easily contacted via the hotel reception or customer services.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in December.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel is, quite simply, a fantastic one! Excellent service, responsive staff and a beautiful, convienient hotel. I used to always stay in a famous 4*+ hotel in London which is much more expensive however, now I always stay here! Fantastic!

Room Tip: Treat yourself to the suite-they do some great rates!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarahlives
Dear Sarahlives,

This is such a pleasure to read, your kind comments have been passed on so all the Grafton team know how much their efforts make a difference!! Thank you, we truly appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience and that you are a loyal advocate of our hotel.
I agree with your tip for future guests, we do offer promotions online so that you can get the most out of those special weekends away, simply follow the link on Trip Advisor which will take you to our website.
Once again, thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton, we look forward to your next visit – If there is anything else we can do to make your stay more comfortable do not hesitate to let us know!!

Shropshire, uk
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Rooms are good, clean but can be small, I've stayed here often, and the staff are great. Clean and well presented rooms, breakfast is good always busy. Its well located for euston station, tube, and not far from kings cross. There are some decent eateries nearby. Bar is good and always lively.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PeteCav
ManagerGrafton, Guest Relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear PeteCav,

May we thank you for you loyalty at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel, it is great to read that we consistently deliver the level of service you expect when staying in a hotel.

Next time you are staying let us know as it would be lovely if we could thank you in person for your kind comments. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, just let us know!!

York United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for only one night in October 2012. Our train to London was early so we arrived at the hotel - literally 30 seconds walk from Warren Street tube station - at 10am expecting to leave our bags and check in later. The man at the check in desk could not have been more helpful, he checked our booking and checked us in immediately, we were able to check in there and then.

Our room was great, on the fifth floor and on a corner. It had low ceilings but was spacious and had everything one would need for an overnight stay. The bathroom was a surprise, large, spacious with a double shower cubicle rather than a bath. Lovely toiletries too!

Tea and coffee facilities are available in the rooms and a mini fridge for your own drinks/food, although the mini bar can be filled by the hotel if you wish.

We did not have breakfast in the hotel but we had lunch in the Aston bar. There are some fantastic lunch offers and we were pleasantly surprised to find fish and chips with homemade tartare sauce for half price.....fantastic value and the homemade chips were the best!!

Great happy hour offer between 5 and 7pm, unfortunately, we were out and about so missed this. We did return to the hotel bar at around midnight on the Saturday night. It was reasonably busy with a great atmosphere. The barman was friendly and made me a cocktail to suit my tastes! Thank you!

Overall, we were not looking forward to staying somewhere a little further from Piccadilly Circus than we'd normally choose, however, we were so surprised by the fantastic service, lovely room and great restaurant and bar offers, not to mention the proximity to a tube line, that we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DivaYork
Dear DivaYork,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for taking the time to share your wonderful review with us!!

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel!! We really do care about our guests and always do our level best to make sure they have the best experience possible, if that means making a cocktail to your taste, no problem just let us know!!

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Grafton hotel in the near future, don’t hesitate to let me know if I can be of any help making reservations for you – I am easily contacted via the hotel reception.

Once again, reading your review was a real pleasure and I have sent it round so that the team know their efforts count.

Rochdale
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Only stopped the one night for business trio but I was impressed with the Hotel. The room I booked 140 was well laid out with a massive bed and well presented, quite a luxurious room with adequate bathroom TV etc.

Breakfast was of the buffet type and very good. It is so handy for the main stations and a good base for touring London.

The staff are very friendly and efficient and make you feel special which is good, so I will use this again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BillCRochdale
ManagerGrafton, Guest relations Officer at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear BillCRochdale,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for taking the time to share your feedback with us!!

This is exactly what we are aiming to achieve!!! I have passed this is on to the Grafton team as it is really motivating to know that their efforts don’t go unnoticed. They truly are a great bunch.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to again in the near future. If there is anything we can do, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest regards,