“I'll go again” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #540 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Randers, Denmark
“I'll go again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have stayed in the Earl's Court area previously but kind of haven't found my 'regular hotel' yet.
Well, that will say - I have now

This hotel is perfectly placed, just enough steps down the first road from Earl's Court tube station, so you can hear any noise, but close enough so you feel you kind of literally stay in Earl's Court Road with all the great restaurants (feels like there is one of each ethnicity :-)

We stayed in Room 5, which was on the first floor and had a small terrace out to the garden in the back. Very nice, when you in the afternoon in 28 C like to relax and read a book after hitting the London streets the most of the day. I guess all the other rooms actually just could use the garden, if wanted.

Our room was clean and the staff at the hotel was great and always smiling.

A continental breakfast is included in the room price, and that worked for us, as we are not great breakfast eaters. For 5 pounds there are zillions of options for English Breakfast at Earl's Court Road, but the hotel also has a similar option for a small extra fee (3-4 pounds, I think)

Oh - and the rooms are as always in London small, but I would say that our room was on the better side of this - and I guess that if you are +1,95 m high you would need to sleep diagonally to have all your bodyparts in the bed :-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MrLake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Greek first
Netherlands Rdam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Rooms are too small. Left of the bed was the wall en right of the bed you almost sleep in the curtains...
The elevator is too small it seemed like a joke. It only fits one suitcase or so.

Beds are short (im 1m70 cm and if i was any longer it wouldn't work). The eierdown or quilt was so overused it had parts where there was no filling in it.
Such a poor and louzy hotel for a way-too-high price.
Will never book this hotel again neither would i recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Everyone knows London is so, so expensive and I just wasn't willing to part with tons of cash for a small, mediocre room in which I would spend so little time anyway, as I have done in past visits, to this wonderful, exciting town. This time I was going budget but I was a little apprehensive about it. I studied the various reviews, here and elsewhere and then set my sights on The Amsterdam Hotel and what a good choice it turned out to be!
Upon our arrival we were immediately greeted by a cheerful "Good morning!". We were told that even though we were early they had a suite available for us(we had been upgraded at no extra cost, yay!). We were given instructions to get to our room and our bags were delivered to us. Here are the things I love about this hotel.

1) Everything is sparkling clean!
2) Huge, fluffy white towels and hot, full pressure, steamy showers.
3) Comfy beds, nice clean smelling, crisp white sheets
4)Thoughtful touches-- tea, coffee, provided, dishes, flatware, iron, hairdryer, free internet (albeit internet slow and seems not available after midnight for some hours).
5) The location is absolutely fantastic! Earls Court tube station is mere minutes from your door, the neighborhood teems with shops, pubs, coffeehouses and the like.
6) The staff. Everyone we encountered here was very friendly and eager to accommodate our needs.
We did not have breakfast here so I cannot comment on that but I really can't say as I have one complaint other than the slow and spotty internet service. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MIA2traveler
Belo Horizonte, MG
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,049 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

We´ve stayed there for 8 days and 7 nights in suite 1 and what drew our attention particularly was the great location and the cleaning of the room.

Earl´s Court tube station is just around the corner; and from there we could get anywhere we wanted in a couple of minutes using Piccadily or District lines directly or changing easily lines.

Despite all the previous bad reviews I´ve read about the breakfast I must say they´re unfair ´cause the breakfast included is continental and always the staff refilled the trays. There are 3 types of bread, fruit jellies, a delicious cake, yogurt, coffee, milk, orange juice, grapefuit juice, soft cheese, fresh fruit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Rosana F
Helsinki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

We were very satisfied with our accommodation in a double room 5.-10. April 2012. The room was larger than we expected, clean and modernized, and the staff very friendly. The breakfast room in the basement is small and serves both continental (includes) and English (extra fee) breakfast. The internet connection in the basement is equipped with a free printing possibility.

However, there was some small deficits the staff could improve: The bed easily glides along the floor because its legs are wheeled. The light of the spots beside the bed is quite weak - so it is difficult to read in the bed after the sunset. And we did not find any BBC news channels in TV.

Earl's Court metro station is only 100 m. away. Along Piccadilly line you reach Heathrow Airport in 45 minutes and Westminster in 15 minutes. So, Amsterdam Hotel is a very good option to accommodate in London.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank piispa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Really lovely hotel. staff very friendly and location superb. Rooms were a little small but that was to be expected for a London hotel. would definitely stay there again

• Stayed March 2012
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed here last weekend for 2 nights. Had a room booked and got upgraded to an apartment which was very nice. The people on the reception were very friendly and helpful. The lift is a little scary but that is the only negative.
It is right around the corner from Earls Court station which was very handy, very easy to find.
There is a co-op near by too if you want to get snacks for your room.
I didn't find it noisy at all, maybe it was the location of our room, had a very pleasant sleep.

Overall had a great stay and if I was going back to London I would stay in this hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends