The Melita
  • Bar/Lounge
Victoria Inn(London)
Lidos Hotel(London)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvictoria stationpimlico areavictoria coachtate gallerypleasant place to stayhotel in a great locationwould stay againsmall fridgelondon visitbeds were comfortablesmall hotelfirst floorcoffee machinebuckingham palacebusiness tripbig benlondon eye
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2012

going to London and want to try out one nice english breakfast - only the three (polish) chefs cant deliver it.
could not have a shower since my bathroom was beneath an arch... kneeling down will help,
over all, you pay 10% more and get the hilton (double tree) - way more experience for little more money.

No way I will be going there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank osaft1
RobG661, General Manager at The Melita, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

We are struggling to understand this review. We do not have 3 Polish chefs. We have one Chef and he is not Polish ! Not sure why his Nationality is important to this "German" reviewer. Unless he was 7 feet or 2.2m tall he would fit in a shower. His reviews of other hotels are also damning so I guess it says more about him than it says about us.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We only stayed two days and it was more business trip that lesure one. Hotel is small,but very cosy and clean with friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was good as well. Very good matrass and pillows. Well,it was important for me :) I would recommend it to my friend.

Room Tip: Good value for money,convenient area. Close to Victoria Station. Rooms are small but very cosy. Good breakfast. All is good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank agnib

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to have met or exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

First time to London and stayed here. Hotel staff was nothing but friendly and the stay was very comfortable. Only two blocks from the Pimlico tube station, which made the entire trip very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Mark49092
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have stayed at the Melita House Hotel for years. It is perfect for our needs - clean, close to bus and tube, Victoria Station, the Tate Britain, Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey. The staff have become like extended family and cater to our needs graciously. The breakfast is substantial and offers far more food than breakfasts at home! When I travel alone, I feel that I am in a safe neighbourhood and that the hotel is secure. After the front desk closes at 10 p.m., there is a staff member on site to deal with emergencies or "off hour" departures. I will continue to make Melita House Hotel my London "home", and will recommend it to my friends without hesitation.
Sharon H. in Vancouver, Can.

Room Tip: We prefer a room facing the inner courtyard. It is quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Sharon942
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed at Melita House for two nights in June and enjoyed it very much. The staff were all friendly and knowledgeable and very helpful, with ready answers to my many questions.

My first-floor room was very comfortable and clean and the breakfast was very good. The hotel's location, with close proximity to the Pimlico and Victoria tube stations, was great for getting around the city. I really can't think of any way to get better value for the money when staying in London... I hope to return again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Peg B
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Peg,

Thank you very much for your kind words, we are very pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in our Hotel.

Best wishes from the Melita House Hotel Team.