“Convenient Location”
Review of Victoria Inn

Victoria Inn
Ranked #682 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Convenient location to central London, with a bus stop a short walk away with a direct 24 hour service. Ample breakfast and a good price with friendly and courteous staff. The lift could be claustrophobic for some people.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Linda B, Guest Relations Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Many thanks for your review.

We do try to offer a top service to our guests. Matched with the great location we are often complimented with regard to both

We truly hope to welcome you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Victoria Inn

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights on business and it is all I needed -- a clean room (although very small), a tidy bathroom, breakfast and a good location close for the Tube. Excellent value for money.

I had a cheap room on the top floor that was OK if you only wanted to sleep there -- if you want to stay home and watch TV the claustrophobia would get you.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.

Older buildings such as Victoria Inn (and a good many others in London) were built many years before en-suites were thought of.

En-suites are now a standard requirement, therefore what used to be quite large rooms have given up some of the space to accommodate the en-suites.

However, you seem to have enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

It is always hard to find a good hotel at a good price in London, but the Victoria Inn meets all the basic requirements.

A friendly efficient welcome, clean and functional room. And a great shower! And a simple but effective breakfast, though not the nicest coffee.

I will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your positive and informative review.

We are always very pleased to know our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. I will mention the coffee to management!

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Victoria Inn for 5 nights (29/11/2013)From the moment of our arrival at the hotel until our departure the staff were helpful and friendly. It is a pleasure to be greeted with a smile and a few words .The room was fine very, clean and the bathroom also perfect. The breakfast was good with a choice of cereals ,fruit ,eggs, sausages ,toast ect ;
Ideal for giving you energy for your days out .I was pleasantly surprised by the breakfast as I had read in other reports that breakfast was scarce (made me wonder what they eat at home)The situation is ideal ,A short walk to Victoria (ideal for the Gatwick express) You can easily walk to the city centre taking in many sights on the way. I can highly recommend this hotel and want to thank the staff for making our visit enjoyable.We wish them all a Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for such a lovely review.

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I have most certainly passed your good wishes to the staff.

We very much hope you will be able to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed at the Victoria Inn Hotel for 5 nights in November. Location of hotel is excellent, its a 15 minute walk to Victoria Station and 5 mins walk from Pimlico Tube Station so very central. Also bus no. 24 goes by every couple of minutes, even in the evening.

Breakfast in the morning was basic. The room were it is served was quite small and the quality of the food basic. Food supplies were not lacking, however I was disappointed to see that for example with the toast, no ham/salami were offered and cheese slices were only available during the weekend so one had to contend with either plain toast just with butter or jam.

I had a single room, which was on the small side, but adequate if you only use the hotel as a base to change/shower/sleep. It was very clean. I asked for a room at the back of the hotel and on a higher floor after reading previous reviews. Only glitch was that like all properties in London, walls and doors are paper thin, so I could hear fellow guests coming and going all night as well as my neighbour snoring to his heart's content at night. I would also suggest you avoid the rooms on the same level as the breakfast room (-1 floor) as it does get very noisy in the morning.

The shower in the room was a nightmare. One has to spend 5 minutes cowering in the corner until the running cold water warms up a bit. There was no in-between setting on the weird tap either, which meant that you either had to shower with freezing water or scalding water. Also the shower head/water pressure meant that the first thing that happened on opening the water was water spraying all over your face/hair. This may sound petty at face value, but was the most frustrating aspect of my stay and I ended up with blotches on my skin where I got scalded as well as soaking hair each day.

On the whole, receptionists were very courteous and helpful, especially the older gentleman who went out of his way to be nice and offer his assistance. He is an asset to the hotel.

After reading reviews of other hotels. some of which verged on the very worrying, I would probably stay at the Victoria Inn again, by which time they would hopefully have settled their shower issue.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel and on higher floors, preferably from the 1st floor upwards...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

On receipt of your review I arranged for the maintenance department to look at the shower in your room.

It is a great pity you did not mention this during your stay as the shower head just needed a clean through, as, especially in hard water areas the heads can become blocked.

We clean them all periodically but some block up more frequently than others. The shower is now fine.

We have now included sausages and scrambled eggs to our continental breakfast menu.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Good location, easy to get to Buckingham Palace, Westminster area by foot, close to Victoria station so very convenient for Gatwick express. Hotel is clean and tidy and staff pleasent. Rooms are on the small side, even the tripple room we booked, but if your going to be out and about most of the time, this shouldn't be an issue. A lot of amenities (shops, restaurants etc) close by. Best for couples & singles, would advise against families with young children ( as we were) due to lack of space and other faciltiies. Wasn't cheap however.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Linda B, Guest Relations Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Very pleased you liked the location and trust you enjoyed your sightseeing of London.

The prices are very reasonable taking into account where Victoria Inn is situated.

We do also have family rooms.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Our room was behind reception so a little noisy when people were checking in as the walls are very thin. The room was clean but very basic considering we paid over a hundred pounds for the night. Our biggest disappointment is we only had one pillow each and when I asked reception they told me there were no more!!! I'm glad we were there for one night only.

Room Tip: Not behind reception and away from the road
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

The price of the room was for a double and also included breakfast. Considering the location this is actually a very good price.

I am not sure whether there was a misunderstanding regarding spare pillows. All spare bedding is kept in the room in a vacuum pack bag. Reception may have thought you had already used these but your review does not specifiy this.